The Watering Hole

On my trip last Thursday/Friday to Grand Rapids we stopped through Heritage Hill and picked up a brochure from a house for sale that was around 5,600 square feet and I was amazed to only see it priced at $350,000. That is only $50,000 more then my house when it is more then twice the size. I would of thought in a nice town like Grand Rapids and a historic district that the house would cost much more. If this house was located in Plymouth near where I live then there is no way that it would go for under 1 million.

On my trip last Thursday/Friday to Grand Rapids we stopped through Heritage Hill and picked up a brochure from a house for sale that was around 5,600 square feet and I was amazed to only see it priced at $350,000. That is only $50,000 more then my house when it is more then twice the size. I would of thought in a nice town like Grand Rapids and a historic district that the house would cost much more. If this house was located in Plymouth near where I live then there is no way that it would go for under 1 million.

Wow! That is a steal:

http://public.grar.com/public/pubrecn.mac/...00001&PT=RE

(assuming this is the one)

261 College Ave SE is a beautiful house. I think it would be awesome to convert it into a private club.

GRDad, that link (the one you copied from your address bar of your browser) expires after a certain amount of time. Here's a corrected link for the house in question:

http://public.grar.com/public/pubrecn.mac/start?MLS=G560318

And Zach, just look at the price of any home in GR and compare it to what you'd pay in Plymouth. The difference is shocking.

What's going on with that...? I don't follow that school.

Well, the faculty gave her a vote of no confidence, the students hate her, she cut several programs and two sports, enrollment has continued to decline since she started a few years ago, and she had some breach of contract according to the news report.

I did not get along with her when we were both at NMU. Needless to say everyone I know of thus far is very happy that she will not have the opportunity to run the university into the ground.

If you read all the topics on the first page, the City can't do anything right, the Riverfront Commission is incompetent, the West Side's a dump (but we don't want any middle class people moving in with their overpriced condos), Azzar is an Azz-hole (even though he doesn't even own the building in question), Bob Tol is a tool, we suck because we don't have a friggin Trader Joe's, and Moch supposedly can't get financing for his apartments, but at least there are a lot of hot chicks at the bars.

Such downers lately...

If you read all the topics on the first page, the City can't do anything right, the Riverfront Commission is incompetent, the West Side's a dump (but we don't want any middle class people moving in with their overpriced condos), Azzar is an Azz-hole (even though he doesn't even own the building in question), Bob Tol is a tool, we suck because we don't have a friggin Trader Joe's, and Moch supposedly can't get financing for his apartments, but at least there are a lot of hot chicks at the bars.

Such downers lately...

Good news though Mikey................I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Edit: Just kidding by the way....I forgot for a minute you're in the insurance biz. :lol:

Edited by Nitro

Such downers lately...

Well, a happy note for me is this morning I E-mailed my information to apply to be appointed to a vacancy on the Heritage Hill Neighborhood Association Board.

And

We are almost done with the last of the painting and trim work for our new condo!

And

I heard someplace that Grand Rapids is in the top 10 best fishing cities (of similar size) in the county!

Ever dislike it when you give your employer the two weeks (which speaking hardly anyone does in my industry-- they just say "screw you" and leave.) and on your last day make you train replacements. (Trying to get the most out of you before you leave.) Compressing six hours of intensive work into two hours without blowing the place up :) record!

Edited by Rizzo