The Watering Hole

What should I use to control the weeds when the grass is this young? I don't want to spray something too strong and I don't want to walk all over the seeds to pull them. Anyone have any recomendations? I do have some weeds in there that already have leaves (past the germination stage).

Wait a few weeks until you have walkable grass. Then apply a broadleaf something in October. I remember reading rave reviews about how easy it is to seed a new lawn in the fall because the weeds, which would normally make seeds and rebound, get frozen out.

I just saw an article in the Chicago Sun Times that Carson Pirie Scott will be closing the State Street store in March 2007. Rumor is the first two floor will be retail and the upper floors will be offices. I can only hope the character of one of Louis Sullivan's masterpieces is kept in tact.

First Marshall Field changes over to Macy's now CPS is closing down. The classics are going by the wayside.

Huge Bummer! :cry:

(Yeah, I know this is way far off topic for the GR Forum. But I needed to vent, and nobody pays attention to the Illinois page.)

Edited by Nitro

Yah I watched that on their NBC station on Tuesday Morning... They say that the location is just too old (out in the 100s) for the customer. Closing this store and leaving alone the suburban locations :dontknow:

Edited by Rizzo

In some groups like this I have noticed that they will on occasion have a city scavenger hunt where they will use a digital camera to find particular things in the city, with bonus points if that item is incorporated into the architecture of a building.

One example would be a photo of a Gear. Well, there is a mural on the side of the brass works building that has a gear in it... and so on.

Has this group ever done anything like that?

..which suddenly reminded me.. I remember the day after I came to UP there was a UP meetup of some sort.... I think somewhere on Leonard. I was in the area but didn't go because I knew absolutely no-one at the time. Is there going to be another of any sort in the forseeable future?

Hmmmm I was thinking about this the other day, but I though nahh... I dont know if anyone would be interested in another one.

sorry GRDad, not much of a golf fan here. Im more of a baseball kind of guy. Although, from time to time ill go drive a bucket of golf balls at the range.

Well essentially it was watching a great athlete play his career best, and shoot the best score for that golf course in its history (in a tournament). I'm not a big fan of Vijay, but it was still pretty cool. Tiger ended the day about 3 strokes behind Vijay, with the last round today.