The Watering Hole

Tigers...I sure hope Guillen and Polanco get back soon.

The Tigers need to win it all this year!

NEW JOB...I have a new job! I am looking forward to a change. Luckily I get to stay in GR and actually be in the middle of downtown!

Guillen and Polonco should be back soon. I went to 2 games this past weekend (Saturday and Monday). I saw Polanco warming in pre-game on Monday. I hear he's about a week away yet. I also bought (another) Tigers T-shirt. I got one of the old school logos:

tabercam.jpg

Congrats on the new job. New jobs are always exciting. :)

Maybe you could help in Schaumburg? :)

Hell, L. Brooks Patterson ("I love sprawl") could help in Scumbag. A. Alfred Taubman could make Scumbag a better place. That idjit state senator from Novi ("I love sprawl" II) would be great in Scumbag. (In my view, that place is beyond redemption.)

Scumbag was the site of my 2nd and 3rd wireless projects; never again. Only reason I'd return there is to watch it recede in my rear view mirror. If you don't like where you're living, you aren't home.

Misery loves company, eh?

[sent from Four Friends with my bike outside, and the outdoor ad hoc swing dance over at RPC]

Hell, L. Brooks Patterson ("I love sprawl") could help in Scumbag. A. Alfred Taubman could make Scumbag a better place. That idjit state senator from Novi ("I love sprawl" II) would be great in Scumbag. (In my view, that place is beyond redemption.)

Scumbag was the site of my 2nd and 3rd wireless projects; never again. Only reason I'd return there is to watch it recede in my rear view mirror. If you don't like where you're living, you aren't home.

Misery loves company, eh?

[sent from Four Friends with my bike outside, and the outdoor ad hoc swing dance over at RPC]

I live off of E. Gulf Road near Roselle and it is walkable (as there are sidewalks,) just the people stoping at the light don't think people should be walking. I find that Illinois people recieve the middle finger and the f word more pleasently then Michiganians.

I should start a friggin journal about my life and journey in Schaumburg...

Edited by Rizzo

Walked by RPC last night, and thought I saw you sitting by the stage. You kind of gave us a strange look, so I kept walking so you didn't think you were being stalked. :blush:

Strange? As in "I can't see the damn computer screen because it's too bright out here?"

Only people I noticed were a young guy sitting by himself at a table, and a young woman by herself on the other side of the stage, perhaps checking out the guy. I was waiting for the faux performance art to start (y'know, she flings herself into his arms, and use your imagination from there). Then three gals came over and sat down with the guy, and talked talked talked to him. Niiice.

Wahhh...I go out in public and no one walks up and talks to moi! Please do say hi next time!!

Back to my weekend.....

On Saturday, (of course I went to Farmer's Market in the morning), I had a great, no I had an incredible time Downtown.

Reason #9 on why I love living in the central city:

You can walk downtown in 20 minutes.

Reason #5 on why I love living in the central city:

Free Downtown Events!

The Avenue of the Arts Market on S Division brought me back to the East Village in NYC/Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago. It had high energy, great music, and way cool art. Love the funkiness.

Next up, Celebration on the Grand. Ohhhh.....fireworks.....cool.... Did anyone see the semi-truck with the large grill?

But by far, my favorite event on Saturday night was the Hispanic Festival. I had such a good time that I'm excited to go to this event next year. Awesome food, good drinks, and thee hottest Salsa bands. I took four friends to this event and they all had a blast. Loved it, loved it!!!

Strange? As in "I can't see the damn computer screen because it's too bright out here?"

Only people I noticed were a young guy sitting by himself at a table, and a young woman by herself on the other side of the stage, perhaps checking out the guy. I was waiting for the faux performance art to start (y'know, she flings herself into his arms, and use your imagination from there). Then three gals came over and sat down with the guy, and talked talked talked to him. Niiice.

Wahhh...I go out in public and no one walks up and talks to moi! Please do say hi next time!!

If you noticed the guy walking behind you in a yellow t-shirt with two small girls following after him, that was me. :thumbsup:

I don't think this has anything to do with a building project, but the merger with Spectrum and MMPC. There was just too many people and money in this fight for these projects to just be "off." But if I were to place a bet on thoes you listed, I'd say the Med school.

Edited by Rizzo

Did anyone see the softball game on TV last night between the current Detroit Red Wings and some members from the 1984 Detroit Tigers? It was a charity event.

Pretty funny though watching some of the Red Wings play softball. It seemed soem of the European players Lang, Datsyuk and others were a bit unfamilar with sport :) Others like Maltby and Draper were really good.

Edited by john_denver