The Watering Hole

I was busy at the BOB getting told to put the glow sticks I had purchased at Meijer into my pocket because it was "distracting customers from the girls" :rolleyes: I had a pretty fun time at the bob tho, I didn't expect the dj to spin that much trance, although the majority of it was lower-quality and extremely repetitive. Needs more Marco V and Kuffdam & Plant.

But otherwise, a fun time.

When I get back to GR I'd be your manager. I think I can carve out a following for you. Probably also get you an image, Music follows image, and it's about it. That way when you got a name, image, and following... you can roll up to the BOB (in a laid back German, British, or Italian car of your liking including entourage.) and own the joint. Tell 'them' to kiss the glow -- from now on the girls are leaving with you.

raveta0.gif

Why was the 44 story building thread closed? If anything should come of this, UP - GR should make an attempt at baning rumours. If your going to come to the forum, don't drop a bomb and run, back up the rumours if your going to come to the table, don't start sh*t. Besides, there was no one to come forward on that thread....

Edited by Rizzo

Why was the 44 story building thread closed? If anything should come of this, UP - GR should make an attempt at baning rumours. If your going to come to the forum, don't drop a bomb and run, back up the rumours if your going to come to the table, don't start sh*t. Besides, there was no one to come forward on that thread....

It wasn't that bad. It was just getting sillier and sillier, and there are some projects that HAVE been announced that haven't seen the light of day yet (Fulton/Division for one). So the chances of a "yet-to-be-announced" plan taking off are slim to none in my book. If something gets announced, I'll reopen it and we can say it was mentioned here first.

Is anyone using PayPal's Money Market feature?

I would highly recommend Capital One's money market (they call it Direct Banking):

http://capitalone.com/directbanking/index.php

I've been using it for quite some time now and have been very pleased with the high percentage rate I get back. Much better than most stock returns that I have owned.

It wasn't that bad. It was just getting sillier and sillier, and there are some projects that HAVE been announced that haven't seen the light of day yet (Fulton/Division for one). So the chances of a "yet-to-be-announced" plan taking off are slim to none in my book. If something gets announced, I'll reopen it and we can say it was mentioned here first.

What are the odds this ever gets off the starting block? They had such a head start compared to Tall House and it appears that things are trending toward that building get built. (Let me know if I'm wrong about that) But if the theater condos go, and Fulton/Division hasn't started even doing presales yet then see it going the way of the Parkview condos by mr tol.

Isn't Fulton/Division's timeframe to close on the property approaching quickly?

I would highly recommend Capital One's money market (they call it Direct Banking):

http://capitalone.com/directbanking/index.php

I've been using it for quite some time now and have been very pleased with the high percentage rate I get back. Much better than most stock returns that I have owned.

Yah, I was figuring on that option. I'm not fully confident in PayPal, it's not FDIC insured, nor is it held to the standards of a bank, even though it appears to be acting as one. Thanks for the link.

Edited by Rizzo

What is the rate of return on the PayPal money market account? Capital One is FDIC insured and I've had the return rate as high as 5.00%. It doesn't fluctuate much but I've never seen it go under 4% so all in all it has a great return. Heck of a lot better than any savings account out there!

What is the rate of return on the PayPal money market account? Capital One is FDIC insured and I've had the return rate as high as 5.00%. It doesn't fluctuate much but I've never seen it go under 4% so all in all it has a great return. Heck of a lot better than any savings account out there!

ING Savings accounts are 4.75%

Some of the big names in development that we discuss around here are Sam Cummings, John Green, John Rooks, Joseph Moch (and Joe Jr.), Robert Grooters, Eric Wynsma.. I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting.

I know of the names, but I was wondering what was the names of their companies? I see all these company signs on these developments, but with the exception of a few of them, I am not sure who owns what companies.

I know of the names, but I was wondering what was the names of their companies? I see all these company signs on these developments, but with the exception of a few of them, I am not sure who owns what companies.

Eric Wynsma - Terra Firma Development

Sam Cummings - Second Story Properties

Robert Grooters - Robert Grooters Development

John Rooks - Parkland Properties

Joseph Moch Sr. and Jr. - Moch International

Brian DeVries and Scott Wierda - Jade Pig

Jim Reminga - Crossroads Ventures (formerly: Development Advisors Equity Corporation)

Jack Buchanan - Blue Bridge Ventures

Ed DeVries - DeVries Companies

Guy Bazzani - Bazzani and Associates

Darrel Herweyer - DAR Development

Joel Langlois (President) - Delta Properties

That's what I know..

Edited by twoshort

Eric Wynma - Terra Firma Development

Sam Cummings - Second Story Properties

Robert Grooters - Robert Grooters Development

Rooks - Parkland Properties

Moch's - Moch International

Brian DeVries and Scott Wierda - Jade Pig

Jim Reminga - Development Advisors Equity Corporation

That's what I know..

You missed Devries Companies (Ed Devries?), Blue Bridge Ventures (Jack Buchanan), Delta Properties, and DAR Development. Williams and Works does urban planning. Development Equity Advisors Corporation is now Crossroads Ventures.