The Watering Hole

It was also Tim Allen.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5553661

I think these claims by the GOP are absurd. It's almost like they'd rather have Michigan failing than trying to succeed. There have been some successes in Michigan, and those should be highlighted every second of every day.

Nevermind, this is just annoying.

Edited by Rizzo

It was also Tim Allen.

I think these claims by the GOP are absurd. It's almost like they'd rather have Michigan failing than trying to succeed. There have been some successes in Michigan, and those should be highlighted every second of every day.

Those ads are great....the radio one about the fall colors...I almost got all weepy the first time I heard it!

It's about tourism, HELLO!!!

Edited by starrfish

It was also Tim Allen.

From the article:

They talk about the "slow dance of turning leaves" and promise free admission. ... State Rep. Bill Huizenga (R-Zeeland) said the timing of the ads is questionable, with the governor deep into the gubernatorial election.

..."There just seems to be a whole bunch of them on the air right now ..."

Memo to Huizenga: won't be any turning leaves to dance with on November 8.

HTH

Maybe this sounds juvenile, but has anyone noticed those ads on WOOD radio for their station, and they say "You can wake up with WOOD, exercise with WOOD, and go to sleep with WOOD." I think they need some proofreaders for their advertisements...

Maybe this sounds juvenile, but has anyone noticed those ads on WOOD radio for their station, and they say "You can wake up with WOOD, exercise with WOOD, and go to sleep with WOOD." I think they need some proofreaders for their advertisements...

Unfortunately I noticed the same thing. :lol:

How does this stuff get passed quality control?

:rofl: Thanks for the Laught-out-Loud. Where's Woody when you need him??

Edited by Rizzo

^I worked with some women that would play that song over and over... Finally someone told them the connotations to that song and instead of "double-you oh oh dee." it was replaced with "Quit playing games with my heart, my heart...."

Other news,

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...&thispage=1

Veloise, being an enthusiast I'm sure you see a lot of bikes for sale and you can only assume a bike like this would be Hot -- call the po-po friends.

Edited by Rizzo

Other news,

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...&thispage=1

Veloise, being an enthusiast I'm sure you see a lot of bikes for sale and you can only assume a bike like this would be Hot -- call the po-po friends.

She's already (as of yesterday) got a replacement lined up, thanks to Press readers feeling bad about the theft. I didn't even have to mobilize the bike club or Elves & More.

She's already (as of yesterday) got a replacement lined up, thanks to Press readers feeling bad about the theft. I didn't even have to mobilize the bike club or Elves & More.

I heard that from ma, I guess she used to see the lady riding around the neighborhood.

This may be me spending entirely too much time on UP that I've noticed this, but it seems like site/posting traffic has been sort of slow lately. What's everyone doing? Working or something? Perhaps there's just nothing really noteworthy going on?! :dontknow:

It seems to me more that all the posts have migrated to political discussions. There's been days I check and there's 2 new pages of posts about that.

It seems to me more that all the posts have migrated to political discussions. There's been days I check and there's 2 new pages of posts about that.

Perhaps after the upcoming elections things will change. Election time always seems to halt what people are doing and force them to think about political matters at hand.

This may be me spending entirely too much time on UP that I've noticed this, but it seems like site/posting traffic has been sort of slow lately. What's everyone doing? Working or something? Perhaps there's just nothing really noteworthy going on?! :dontknow:

There has not been a lot of development news lately. Especially compared to last Summer and this past Spring.

I'm happy to hear that.

Plus, only a couple of weeks left until the elections are over.

I imagine that with winter approaching, that with the Marriot & the art museum finishing up, the winter will probably be a bit slow until the spring when Riverhouse and the VAI exansion really sets its teeth in.

Edited by jdkacz

no one buy an xbox 360, I have had to buy 2 the past 2 days and they keep frying out on me, I guess im not the only one 15% of people have this prob. and after 90 days microsoft says, "screw you...but, well fix it.... for 150 dollars!!" Down with Microsoft, im officially an apple guy!

Edited by gvsusean

no one buy an xbox 360, I have had to buy 2 the past 2 days and they keep frying out on me, I guess im not the only one 15% of people have this prob. and after 90 days microsoft says, "screw you...but, well fix it.... for 150 dollars!!" Down with Microsoft, im officially an apple guy!

360 Deg Fer..

I was at Target a few months ago and played with their display Xbox. IMO I think their really pushing it. Anyways, the thing smelt like melting plastic. I put my hand over the fan deally or whatever is in the back and it was extremely hot. I figure they were over clocking the doohickey. I considered on buying the xBox, but of course after that little experience I won't touch gaming consoles by Microsoft. I'll stick to the Nintendo's.

Edited by Rizzo

I've traditionally been a SEGA kid, went to the PS2 a year or two ago after new titles for the dreamcast were becoming a thing of the past, and considered the PS3 this time around, until they announced the price and changed that pretty silver design to a typical black one. With the wiimote and all of the innovation Nintendo's been doing lately, it's reminding me of SEGA back in their heyday, so I'm going for the wii this time. You may see me camping out any large empty space in Meijer's gaming section waiting to pounce on the first box to hit a shelf. Problem is I still don't know when it'll come out.. I've seen 3 different release dates so far. News articles have said 15th, website says 19th, and blockbuster has said 17th.

Okay this must be a "new" tradition at EGR, cause I don't ever remember hearing about this happening:

Band members suspended for spitting on freshman

I can't believe pranks like this even exist, how rude. I guess those students have some time to think about their actions.

Now we know what really happens at band camp....

Okay this must be a "new" tradition at EGR, cause I don't ever remember hearing about this happening:

Band members suspended for spitting on freshman

I can't believe pranks like this even exist, how rude. I guess those students have some time to think about their actions.

Now we know what really happens at band camp....

I went to high school band camps at Interlochen and MSU and never got to spit on a freshman :wacko: .

My wife served on a local school board for 12 years. The range of things that kids get expelled for would make for a facinating study. We never acted like that in HS. Well, in hindsight I guess the time we ran Matt S's pants up the flagpole wasn't very nice, but it was funnier than spitting on a freshman.

I went to high school band camps at Interlochen and MSU and never got to spit on a freshman :wacko: .

My wife served on a local school board for 12 years. The range of things that kids get expelled for would make for a facinating study. We never acted like that in HS. Well, in hindsight I guess the time we ran Matt S's pants up the flagpole wasn't very nice, but it was funnier than spitting on a freshman.

Spitting is pretty un original and just plain studpid in terms of a prank - the kids at East might not be as smart as people want us to think. Either more of this kind of stuff makes it to the press these days or kids are just more mean-spirited than they were when I was in HS. I believe spitting is technically a form of assault (any armchair attorneys out there want to verify?). Wonder if the kid who got spit on has a case?!