The Watering Hole

Tell her that it's people from Wayland or Rockford making the ruckus downtown. Back in the day I used hang out at the Fun Spot on Friday nights. It used to be the thing to do for a lot of kids in GR, Kentwood, and Godwin. All the schools usually had their parties at the rink -- I can see that forever changing now. The spot is going to loose MEGA bucks now. What a shame.

Not only them, but Little Caesars as well. Every month they'd buy pizzas for a huge party there... often numbering into the 60s range. That's a lot of money. I won't be surprised to see that order drop by half or even disappear completely.

there were plenty of people helping out, but when a group jumps one guy, it doesn't take too long to do alot of damage. the cops were everywhere instantly. security and bystanders were trying to pull the a--holes off of the one guy.

Even though the cops were there instantly, they hadn't apprehended anyone according to the article and were looking for anyone with more information. You might be able to shed some light for them. :thumbsup:

http://www.wzzm.com/news/local/grmetro_art...9Rv1N89Yc0lg%3D

Anybody else catch Rizzo's enhanced photo of the "Switch transfer to Fulton St. Rail, approaching The Van and entertainment district...." in the UP main page photo collage? I had to double back to see how I could have just seen a train turning down Ionia from Fulton with Tannery Row/Urban House in the background.

Nice work, Rizzo! It would be pretty cool to have that kind of transport as an option....

Anybody else catch Rizzo's enhanced photo of the "Switch transfer to Fulton St. Rail, approaching The Van and entertainment district...." in the UP main page photo collage? I had to double back to see how I could have just seen a train turning down Ionia from Fulton with Tannery Row/Urban House in the background.

Nice work, Rizzo! It would be pretty cool to have that kind of transport as an option....

Yeah, aren't those great?! Just getting people to visualize the possibilities is a powerful selling tool.

296818944_2bae6b1d39.jpg

How do those images work, anyways? Is there some guy selecting photos for it, ot is it completely random?

It's pretty random. It's mostly a matter of having a photo that depicts a street scene. Since I don't have new photos I asked Dad to furnish a few. I don't understand your first question, do you mean how they will be used? No one commissioned me to do this, just some visuals to help a discussion. They aren't so much related to our commuter talk, but rail in general -- although you could run these streetcars on existing rail.

Edited by Rizzo

I meant in regards to the photo selection for the main page. I notise its usually 1 new photo a day, wondering if somebody like monsoon selects one or if there's a program to scan new posts and randomly select one.

What happens is that when you upload a pic to Urban Planet's Flickr group it displays it also on UP's front page. I don't think its random.

I forgot those show up at UrbanPlanet.org :oops: Unfortunately, I haven't added too much detail. How does it get power? The power pulls don't exist on my models -- I guess the vehicles are powered by some green technology. :)

Like a hull full of rowers, with a coxswain yelling "Pedal, pedal, pedal!"

What happens is that when you upload a pic to Urban Planet's Flickr group it displays it also on UP's front page. I don't think its random.

That is correct, it isn't random. You can join our Flickr group here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/urbanplanet/

By doing so and adding images to the pool they will magically appear on the UP homepage. This is done by using the image RSS feed from the Flickr group pool and parsing that feed into a flash slideshow program which is what you see. The last 20 images are shown on the UP homepage in the order of newest to oldest.

You can upload a max of three images a day into the UP Flickr group pool but all images uploaded are subject to be deleted by me if they don't fit the criteria. I also manually validate all accounts on the UP Flickr group but to this date I haven't refused anyone. :P

It is great way to show off your city or urban photos to the thousands of folks that visit the UP homepage each day! :)

Even though the cops were there instantly, they hadn't apprehended anyone according to the article and were looking for anyone with more information. You might be able to shed some light for them. :thumbsup:

http://www.wzzm.com/news/local/grmetro_art...9Rv1N89Yc0lg%3D

unfortunately, i was looking to get paid and go home when all of security ran past me @ crush, so i just went to the patio and observed a mess!

Sometimes I think that Code Enforcement Officers have to deal with more verbal abuse than prison guards, refs, and cops... all because the job is political so there is no way that you can respond in a reciprocal manner.

That's got be the most off-topic-ness post of all time, even in an off-topic thread. :D

Anyone notice that the new Michigan Lottery "Millionaire Raffle" TV ads are shot in Devos Place? Pretty cool.