2 new NWA projects: Springdale / Madison County

KJW

Does anyone have any links to the following two projects recently announced:

1. The athletic complex near Springdale (at the 112/I-540 interchange, SW corner, I believe) that was announced to hold a possible minor league baseball team and other sports, and;

2. The Christmas theme park near Huntsville which will have, among other things, replicas of the state capitals of all 50 U.S. States.

(Interesting thing about this...the funding for it is already in place...someone from Texas (I believe) has secured it. The Finance director at my former company in Bentonville lives in Clifty in Madison County, and says she wants to work there when she leaves her current job.)

Both were announced in the local paper but I've not found any web links yet.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any links to the following two projects recently announced:

1.  The athletic complex near Springdale (at the 112/I-540 interchange, SW corner, I believe) that was announced to hold a possible minor league baseball team and other sports, and;

2.  The Christmas theme park near Huntsville which will have, among other things, replicas of the state capitals of all 50 U.S. States.

(Interesting thing about this...the funding for it is already in place...someone from Texas (I believe) has secured it.  The Finance director at my former company in Bentonville lives in Clifty in Madison County, and says she wants to work there when she leaves her current job.)

Both were announced in the local paper but I've not found any web links yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't say I've seen any links, but also heard about them in the paper. I heard about the Christmas park although I recall Eureka Springs being mentioned and not Huntsville. I wasn't sure about it because I haven't heard anymore about it. I've heard about a number of possible projects in the past that near panned out. Like the aquarium for Fayetteville.

I'm trying to figure out where those garden pictures came from. The only thing I recall that I've seen quite like that around here was the former Eureka Springs gardens. But that was to the west of Eureka Springs not to the south. It is located in Madison County, although I can see why they'd mention Eureka Springs more. It is nice to see some development in Madison County. Although I figure it's just a matter of time before the growth starts effecting Madison County. I am a bit worried about the metro developing very much that direction into the Ozarks, Madison County is one of Arkansas' poorer counties and seeing something going on there is nice.

Archived