Tattoo shops opening up in Greenville....

g-vegasman

I personally have numerous tattoos and each one of them mean something special to me. I guess it is kind of like an art collector who buys fine art, a tattoo is fine art for the person receving it.

Anyway, I got a new tattoo yesterday in N.C. I was speaking with the owner of the shop and he told me he has bought some retail space on Woodruff Road and on Main Street. He siad he is slated to open for business in March of 2006. What do you all think of tattoo shops coming to Greenville? Personally, I think it will add to the fun and excitement downtown.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally have numerous tattoos and each one of them mean some special to me. I guess it is kind of like an art collector who buys fine art, a tattoo is fine art for the person receving it.

Anyway, I got a new tattoo yesterday in N.C. I was speaking with the owner of the shop and he told me he has bought some retail space on Woodruff Road and on Main Street. He siad he is slated to open for business in March of 2006. What do you all think of tattoo shops coming to Greenville? Personally, I think it will add to the fun and excitement downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know... downtown... :unsure:

As long as they aren't the skanky looking ones that you find in Gastonia, then I have no problem with them. Keeping tattoo money in SC is important.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These should be quite nice. Walkking into them will be similar to walking into an art dealers studio. It will look very nice and will be very clean.

Remember we are the Buckle of the Bible Belt...lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, we are the buckle. However, some poeple really believe you cannot be a good person or even a christian if you have a tattoo. Why is it that people feel that way? Tattoos is just an expression of one's art and love for art.

Tattoos and tattoo shops don't make people evil, society does.

The only reason I could ever think of for not allowing tattoo parlors is that they can be a health risk. But not allowing them causes that problem more than allowing them and regulating with cleanliness standards. Banning them is sorta... weird, there is no logical reason to do that sorta like many laws here in SC. :rolleyes:

Yes, we are the buckle. However, some poeple really believe you cannot be a good person or even a christian if you have a tattoo. Why is it that people feel that way? Tattoos is just an expression of one's art and love for art.

Tattoos and tattoo shops don't make people evil, society does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because they are close minded bigots who have nothing better to do than to reassure themselves of their beliefs mostly extracted from a book that was invented by rulers a long..long time ago to give them more power over their land/people.

In other words they are ignorant, mislead fools.

Because they are close minded bigots who have nothing better to do than to reassure themselves of their beliefs mostly extracted from a book that was invented by rulers a long..long time ago to give them more power over their land/people. 

In other words they are ignorant, mislead fools.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emperor Constantine, I believe.

From what my mother told me, Strom Thurmond's daughter got a tat, and got hepititus, and died. The ban came shortly afterword. I can't verify it, but it makes sense to me. I don't have a problem with them going downtown, as long as "trailer trash" stay out and don't leave their influence. I get skeeved out when I'm in Gastonia, but if it were to mimick Chameleon Arts in Boston, or PROCM. (long story), yeah, have something like that would be completely original, and priced above the WalMart wage, I don't have a problem with it...Kinda makes me want to get another one.....

I can't say why they were banned, but it was not a smart thing to do. Everyone just goes up to NC to get them, much like they do for alcohol on sundays- though that part is starting to change.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, I sometimes forget alcohol sales are still illegal on sundays here. Most of the cities in the Charleston area allow alcohol sales on sunday(all of Charleston county(chas, mt. pleasant, n.chas, hanahan) Summerville and Goose Creek also allow sunday sales which are in Dorchester and Berkeley counties both of which don't allow sunday sales.)

Just to comment on the subject I wouldn't mind tattoo shops opening up in a downtown area personally. They can add character to an area.

Greenville Allows Sunday Alcohol sales at Restaurants and event centers like PEace Center and Bilo Center.

Also, I thought a while back that I ahd heard the zoming was only going to allow tatoo parlours in service and industrial districts.

Archived