Tattoo shops opening up in Greenville....

g-vegasman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not positive, but I am fairly confident that Sunday alcohol sales are illegal in South Carolina except in the cities of Greenville, Charleston, and Myrtle Beach.

Greenville County, now it's your turn. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And Spartanburg allows sales in restaurants on Sundays.

Columbia still doesn't allow it. Its annoying as hell

That is funny about Columbia, because some posters like to come on here talking about how "ultra conservative" Greenville is, and how "progressive" Columbia is.  Well, this situation certainly doesn't support that assertion, now does it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Greenville's case, I don't think "ultra conservative" is meant in a "non-progressive" way. Cities can certainly be conservative AND progressive. The two concepts are not antithetical.

At any rate, I guess it could be said that in the case of alcohol sales on Sunday, Columbia isn't as "liberal" as it may seem to be, at least in this regard.

I totally agree with you, but it seems that many people calling Greenville "ultra-conservative" are implying that it is not progressive or forward-thinking. At least that's been my impression.

By the way, I like your use of the word "antithetical." That is a good word, and I need to use it more. :)

In Greenville's case, I don't think "ultra conservative" is meant in a "non-progressive" way. Cities can certainly be conservative AND progressive. The two concepts are not antithetical.

At any rate, I guess it could be said that in the case of alcohol sales on Sunday, Columbia isn't as "liberal" as it may seem to be, at least in this regard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you! I have been saying this for years, but maybe not as direct as that.

I think Columbia has some old and stubborn leaders. It will fall in line eventually. I can't stand blue laws.

Archived