Just How Tall is Signature Tower?

Hankster

It looks like ths Skyscraper Page agrees that the Signature Tower is 850 Ft tall to the top of the spire.  Check this link out!  :lol:

Skyscraper Page Signature Tower Diagram

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is pretty cool because I was wondering when they were going to change to the new diagram. However, like I was saying in my other post, it is not an acurate diagram. The top level of the penthouse should reach 635ft. It seems to only reach approx. 585ft. The result is a roof height (including crown) of 700ft and a spire that is 150ft tall. The spire should only be 100ft. It's easy to see the difference when you compare it to the plan on Tony's site. I know I'm being picky but hey, someone has to be. :blink:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is pretty cool because I was wondering when they were going to change to the new diagram. However, like I was saying in my other post, it is not an acurate diagram. The top level of the penthouse should reach 635ft. It seems to only reach approx. 585ft. The result is a roof height (including crown) of 700ft and a spire that is 150ft tall. The spire should only be 100ft. It's easy to see the difference when you compare it to the plan on Tony's site. I know I'm being picky but hey, someone has to be.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Upon further inspection, your right. The diagram is not accurate. The penthouse floor is about 50 ft too low, while the spire is about 50 feet too high. Overall, I think the drawing height to the top of the spire is close. Notice that it only has about 45 floors instead of 55. Maybe, since this building is still in the proposal stage, they rushed something out, without trying to be perfect.

Upon further inspection, your right.  The diagram is not accurate.  The penthouse floor is about 50 ft too low, while the spire is about 50 feet too high.  Overall, I think the drawing height to the top of the spire is close.  Notice that it only has about 45 floors instead of 55.  Maybe, since this building is still in the proposal stage, they rushed something out, without trying to be perfect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm thinking about learning how to draw diagrams. I have photoshop although I have no idea how to use it. It looks like it would be pretty fun. :blink:

• 1 month later...

Great job, Hankster and Skyscrapergeek. Nashville being a record-holder in anything would be quite an honor. If we can hurry and get this thing built we may have that honor (at least for a little while). Let's hope plans move ahead smoothly. The Signature Tower website seems pretty sure they will. "Coming 2009."

Great job, Hankster and Skyscrapergeek. Nashville being a record-holder in anything would be quite an honor. If we can hurry and get this thing built we may have that honor (at least for a little while). Let's hope plans move ahead smoothly. The Signature Tower website seems pretty sure they will. "Coming 2009."

Thanks Claws. It seems like the market and the city are more than ready for ST. It makes a lot of sense to me. I had lunch with my attorney yesterday (he deals with a lot of real estate) and he was telling me that he just handled the sale of one of the penthouse units in the Cumberland. I won't say who bought it but, if there is "this type" of financial firepower in town, Tony should have no trouble selling the penthouses in ST. I guess all we can do is be supportive and keep our fingers crossed.

On the earlier question on pricing, I can offer up what the units in the 58 story Vue are selling for in Charlotte. Interior units are going in the neighborhood of $300+ /sq-ft and outdoor units going in the $400+/sq-ft. Prices go up as you get higher in the building with some of the upper floors reaching $600/sq-ft. :blink:

On the earlier question on pricing, I can offer up what the units in the 58 story Vue are selling for in Charlotte. Interior units are going in the neighborhood of $300+ /sq-ft and outdoor units going in the $400+/sq-ft. Prices go up as you get higher in the building with some of the upper floors reaching $600/sq-ft. :blink:

That's quite a bit more expensive than has been announced for the Signature Tower. When I heard Tony's pricing I initially thought it sounded very low, especially for such a high rise building. I've studied the building diagrams from the Signature Tower website and have estimated the square footage for each level of accomodations. This way I could compare Square footage pricing. This is what I've been able to determine (these prices / Sq. ft are very rough)

Signature Tower28 Penthouse

28 Penthouses - $1,000,000 @ 3,500 Sq Ft = only about $300 / Sq Ft.

304 Condos - $270,000 @ 1150 Sq Ft = only about $230 / Sq Ft.

150 Loft Style Condos - $190,000 @ 925 Sq Ft = only about $205 / Sq Ft.

48 Loft Style Condos - $150,000 @ 700 Sq Ft = only about $210 / Sq Ft.

As you can see these estimated costs per square foot are way lower than those announced for the Vue. If this project goes forward, I expect the final pricing to be higher than previously announced.

Archived