Just How Tall is Signature Tower?

Hankster

No one has posted the diagram which shows the height of Signature Tower at 635 ft from Church St. to the top of the penthouse condos, so I may as well try. This is my first attempt at posting an image on a forum, so I hope this works.

Signature-SRSSA_Page_04.jpg

If you look closely at this diagram, the height from the 635 ft level to the top of the spire is more than the 187ft distance shown for a 17 floor section of the tower. Actually, I have tried to carefully measure this distance and I've estimated it to be 217 ft. Adding 217ft to 635ft gives you 852ft, my estimate for the height of this tower above the Church St entrance. Measuring from the back of the parking garage (lower than Church St) to the top of the spire adds another 24ft (my estimate) to the height of the tower, and that would bring the total height to 876ft.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to overanalyze this building height/diagram thing that we're working on here...but is there any way to accurately measure the distance using the distance in pixels on the computer? Does anyone know how to do that? Or maybe you could print the diagram out and measure it with the smallest possible units...

Skyscraperpage.com lists it now at 259.1 meters which converts to 850 feet including the spire. If that doesn't include the said slope at the rear of the building, it could very well be over 870 feet.

Nashville could have a number two building in the Southeast. :thumbsup:

Might be short-lived though with Miami's proposals along with New Orleans. :rolleyes:

i like the building but i hate the fact that the building is a cheater with that 200ft spire and also the resemblence to boa charlotte.

as to the comments made by some about this building being that tallest residential in the U.S. or second tallest in southeast I'm guessing you guys haven't heard of the trump new orleans or the other 1000ft building supposedly being released soon(although hurricane might kill the plans).anyways if the new orleans towers don't beat it theres metropolitan3 in miami which should begin construction in late 2005 at 870ft or the brickell citicentre proposals which are 3towers over 800ft and theres also the wildcard proposal of empire world which is reported to be trying to get a height variance from the faa,to build to towers 1123ft.or the new proposal in miami for a 72story mixed use tower and also there are the rumors of the wachovia building in charlotte,so theres a possiblity that this tower wont even be in the top10,

but it should look great in that skyline of nashville.

Yeah, he's right. Residential towers are booming in the whole country, not just Nashville. If we want this to ever even get close, we need to start building right now.

Besides, there are other residential buildings under construction right now, such as 80 South Wacker, Trump Tower Chicago, and another one in Chicago, all of which are taller than 1000 feet.

Unfortunately, we came into our boom a couple years too late.

i like the building but i hate the fact that the building is a cheater with that 200ft spire and also the resemblence to boa charlotte.

as to the comments made by some about this building being that tallest residential in the U.S. or second tallest in southeast I'm guessing you guys haven't heard of the trump new orleans or the other 1000ft building supposedly being released soon(although hurricane might kill the plans).anyways if the new orleans towers don't beat it theres metropolitan3 in miami which should begin construction in late 2005 at 870ft or the brickell citicentre proposals which are 3towers over 800ft and theres also the wildcard proposal of empire world which is reported to be trying to get a height variance from the faa,to build to towers 1123ft.or the new proposal in miami for a 72story mixed use tower and also there are the rumors of the wachovia building in charlotte,so theres a possiblity that this tower wont even be in the top10,

but it should look great in that skyline of nashville.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Am I'm guessing you didn't even read my post very well where I clearly mentioned both New Orleans and Miami's projects. :huh:

And the statement about a spire being a "cheat"? C'mon now. That rules out a lot of buildings in Atlanta, the one you mentioned in Charlotte, more in New York, Chicago, Cleveland, etc. Spires done tastefully look so much better than a lot of boring box buildings. I guess the misperception about spires is that they are all done to boost the height without adding much cost. However, based on how fancy many are, including the proposed Signature one, I would venture it adds substantial cost to the building comparable to extra floors. But that's just my opinion.

well but after a hurricane cities usually bounce back with alot of construction and a new sense of pride....but in N.O.'s case that going to be a while from now.

anyways i wanted to ask what are the chances of this tower being built---good-medium-or bad,some early factors that i see are financing,demand for that many units ,and the height issue which might get alot of opposition.

I would say the chances are pretty bad. The city is 80% below water and the water level is rising. People are losing everything they every worked for along with their family the last thing anyone is worried about is about a proposed building.

I don't think he was asking how the hurricane would impact the chances of Signature Tower being built, I think he was just wondering in general how good the chances are of this coming to fruition. My opinion is that the chances are very good. My main source of confidence is based on the fact that Tony is the one behind this building. He has a lot of experience dealing with the powers that be downtown, so he should be able to work through any problems that might arise with them. He also has a very good track record of being able to gather financing and getting units pre-sold. I think this project is a pretty sure thing.

A recent study was done and it came to the conclusion that downtown could/would absorb something like 3,000 units by 2010. I'm not exactly sure on that number but I do remember it being well over the 700 units that would be in the Signature Tower. 5 or ten years ago there was almost no housing downtown so downtown has a lot of catching up to do so that inventory can meet demand.

There is a pretty good range of prices. There will be 28 penthouse condominiums costing about $1 million. Then there's 304 condos priced at about $270,000 each. Than you have 198 loft-style condos, with 150 selling for $150,000 and 48 for $190,000. And finally there are 220 apartments that will wrap around the parking garage renting for about $1,550 per month.

150 units selling for 150,000 whoa thats cheap... affordbale housing in miami is about 175,000.

WOW!!! Please tell me where!!!! If there are condos in highly desirable buildings (like the Signature will be), smack dab IN Downtown Miami at 175,000.... I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you!!! heehehehehehe

Prices in Nashville are EXTREMELY affordable! And that is GREAT. They aren't taking an elitist position where only the haves can live in downtown. The city deserves props for that!!!

Skyscraperpage.com lists it now at 259.1 meters which converts to 850 feet including the spire.  If that doesn't include the said slope at the rear of the building, it could very well be over 870 feet. 

Nashville could have a number two building in the Southeast.  :thumbsup:

Might be short-lived though with Miami's proposals along with New Orleans.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been out town a few days, and didn't know about the skyscraperpage raising the tower's height to 850 ft. I feel somewhat vindicated by this, and I agree that the tower's height may well be 870 ft. :lol:

Also, this tower is so attractive (truly a "signature" building) and so reasonably priced, that I predict Tony will have no trouble getting this project stared. How many condos are there in this world that look out majestically over the top of an entire city's skyline, and can be had for only $270,000? My guess is zero!!! :)

Archived