Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

NEW! Florida World War II Memorial

13 posts in this topic

Here is a photo tour of Florida's World War II Memorial, located in Downtown Tallahassee, directly behind the Florida Supreme Court, in front of the R.A. Gray building which houses the Florida Museum of History.

Below you'll see the monument in its entirety and each Florida County's plaque dedicated to the WWII Soldiers.

The County plaques are not in any particular order, there were too many to organize, but ENJOY!

FLORIDA World War II Memorial

DSCF0630.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0627.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

DSCF0625.jpg

DSCF0624.jpg

DSCF0623.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0621.jpg

DSCF0620.jpg

DSCF0619.jpg

DSCF0618.jpg

DSCF0617.jpg

DSCF0616.jpg

DSCF0615.jpg

DSCF0614.jpg

DSCF0613.jpg

Nice memorial. I noticed though that the Miami-Dade plaque has some letters missing. The first word should be "During". Also the first word on the next line should be "The". Seems strange that this would be overlooked.

Nice Job, Taurean!

Wish my state had one.

Great job TJ! I've been there and it's very nicely done and located in a great spot.

This is very nice. Thanks for taking the time to share this experience with us. Add that to my list of places to visit in Tallahassee.

Also, if you haven't done so already, definitely visit the national WWII memorial in Washington. Truly an extraordinary sight.

Glad you mentioned that... The Florida Monument is supossed to be an exact replica of whats in Washington D.C.