My Hartford wish list

MadVlad

Does anyone who owns the parking lot on Jewell Street between the YMCA Building and the 55 on the Park apartments. I know it is currently being used as a parking lot. Is it a lot for residents of 55 on the park, a privately operated parking lot, or a lot owned by a company such as SBC or something. Having something built there would be really great thats why I am asking who owns it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An arena would never fit on that lot, Taylor, it's too narrow. At least, according to my memory it is. There are, however, quite a few lots along Capitol Ave that could house such an Arena, in that same general area, too....

If not that lot then why not the old Jai Hai lot that was just recently torn down....even though it's a little to far from DT than I'd like....I personally think that the arena should be built close enough in the "action" of DT so that people who go to the games can go out after, but by walking across the street to the local pub.

There is a plan. The site will become the future home of a Suburu New England car dealership and a Carmax Used Car dealership. The Carmax dealership will be the first Carmax in the northeast meaning that the company feel confident opening its first northeast dealership in Hartford. Konover of West Hartford is in charge of construction. The site was owned by Morgan Reed Group of NY who sold it to make way for these dealerships.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain the idea of Constiution College? Is there a website?

Heh, nope, it's just an idea I had concerning using Constitution Plaza as a College. There is no Constitution College, to my knowledge, except in my brain, and now on this website....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived