Flint Off Topic

Pachuco

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been posting this in other forums, but I recently came across a list of maps of Michigan's Urbanized Areas. Urbanized Areas, as defined by the census, try to show the "built-up" area of a metropolitan area. Flint's is the third largest (in population) in Michigan,:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/CGI_Flint_70678_7.pdf

And, here are Saginaw's and Bay City's

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/CGI_Saginaw_70691_7.pdf

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/CGI_Bay_City_70674_7.pdf

Edited by Lmichigan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drove past the Rowe building today and although you can't see anything happening on the front, you can see there is work occurring further inside the structure. I hope there will be a more noticeable difference by the time classes start again in August. :P

ahhh!! thank you for an update!

haha, me and my friend got SOOO lost in Flint tonight. We were taking dort hwy on our way back from clio and we didnt know if dort met up with davison road, so we turned around at stewart ave, and went back to carpenter rd, then we discovered that the road stops at center road and jogs a few miles down. so we decide to turn down center road, but it stops too, so we turned around and go back onto dort highway and took it to richfeild road, and finally got home (after we made all those U-turns). lol

Edited by dtown

Dtown, I work at Delphi making stuff. The work sucks, but I get a fairly decent paycheck on Thursday nights, which is good, seeing as how I'm paying close to $25k per year to go to school.

And I still can't nagivate Flint. I'm really good at navigating in Detroit, as well as a few other cities that I haven't really spent much time in. Maybe because I'm usually only in Flint to crawl around in abandoned buildings, so getting from point A to point B in the quickest fashion isn't all that important. LOL.

Then give it time for there to be more development news. ;)

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I thought I saw a sign in one of the corner buildings on Saginaw (can't remember now if it was First Street or Second Street) that said the Mega Coney Island was moving into it. But that didn't make sense, considering all the work they put into renovating the old McDonalds building on MLK. But there could still be something moving into one of those buildings.

Edited by VeeFan

Here is something to talk about, The repave project on the east side is about complete. Lewis between Davison and Leith should be done in the next two weeks and Franklin between Davison and Leith should be complete in the next 4-5 days. Now in the Homedale sub it use to be very GM then became very rental. Your bounded by Lewis at the river and Franklin to the east and Leith and Davison. Well going through some real estate listings again there are 647 houses for sale and maybe 40 of them have signs on them. When mine had a sign in became a target of breakins. Where my house on the eastside is there are 22 houses in that small block. 1 torn down. 3 for rent. 4 for sale and vacant 2 straight up vacant. leaves 12 houses. And now the repave.