Flint Off Topic

Pachuco

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a not-so-good picture of it. It's funny because I didn't even know what it was when I took the photo but a month or so later there was an article about plans to restore it.

stockton_house-20050403-01.JPG

There are no boards on the windows and there is a historical marker out front now.

Here's a not-so-good picture of it. It's funny because I didn't even know what it was when I took the photo but a month or so later there was an article about plans to restore it.

stockton_house-20050403-01.JPG

wow! that will be great if it gets restored.

I think I'm going to do a drive by photo shoot of Flint tomorrow. I'm on my way to Ann Arbor and then Detroit. So maybe I'll pass through in the morning around 9:30 a.m or so and then later in the evening around 9:30 pm. Expect pictures

EDIT: I just realized that exactly 2 years ago I made this same circuit. Passed through Flint in the morning, then to Ann Arbor, then to Detroit. Except on the way back the freeway was clogged and I took M-15 through Davison. Maybe I should relive the moment.

I think I'm going to do a drive by photo shoot of Flint tomorrow. I'm on my way to Ann Arbor and then Detroit. So maybe I'll pass through in the morning around 9:30 a.m or so and then later in the evening around 9:30 pm. Expect pictures

EDIT: I just realized that exactly 2 years ago I made this same circuit. Passed through Flint in the morning, then to Ann Arbor, then to Detroit. Except on the way back the freeway was clogged and I took M-15 through Davison. Maybe I should relive the moment.

I'll probably be around there too, so keep an eye out for a a guy with long hair taking pictures. That will be me. Say hi.

I came through pretty early this morning, so I probably missed you.

On the way back around 11:30 pm my tank was on E and I was rolling my way down 475 and just made it to the BP on Saginaw Street way out of the city. No night photos :(

Yeah I figured. I was there around 10:30 - 12:30

I'm late, but the Stockton House sure looks a lot better than the last time I went by there! I believe the owners are architects, so hopefully they know some masons that could get the brickwork done in time for the opening.

Also, is the historical marker in the middle of the sidewalk? Seems like an odd place to put it.

Edit: Fixed some typos

Edited by dnast

I'm late, but the Stockton House sure looks a lot better than the last time I went by there! I believe the owners are architects, so hopefully they know some masons that could get the brickwork done in time for the opening.

Also, is the historical marker in the middle of the sidewalk? Seems like an odd place to put it.

Edit: Fixed some typos

Actually I have no idea what that is around the historical marker. I was standing on the side walk while taking the pictures.

• 5 weeks later...