Flint Off Topic

Pachuco

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I never made it downtown tonight. I was hoping to try out my new camera lens, but a friend of the family passed away yesterday, and I'm stuck doing homework so that I have time to go to the visitation in Grand Rapids tomorrow.

I will be down there for the next game in Detroit, though.

• 1 month later...

Hmm let me see. Uptown is redoing the Dale for Food Health building and baker building, the entire Mott block, the First Street Lofts are finished, the Rowe Building and MTA Station renovation/constructions are ongoing, UM-Flint will break ground on a 21 million 300 bed student housing building, also in Spring the Land Bank will renovate the Durant Hotel for student housing and commercial use. The Berridege is being renovated for 20 market rate 90,000-120,000 condos and for two businesses, which is a five million dollar project. Hmm what else... :unsure: I think thats all for now, other than Hurley and the Land Bank are going to completely restore carriage-town and the fifth avenue corridor for Hurley employees and other people. Also the whole third avenue and river restoration project gaining speed.

Dtown, I don't believe that the specifics for the student housing have been released yet, but 300 beds is fairly sizeable (at least considering that there is currently no student housing downtown). The size of the building really depends...if it's traditional dorm rooms, it'll be smaller, but if it's more modern apartment-style dorms, it'll be larger.

Dtown, I don't believe that the specifics for the student housing have been released yet, but 300 beds is fairly sizeable (at least considering that there is currently no student housing downtown). The size of the building really depends...if it's traditional dorm rooms, it'll be smaller, but if it's more modern apartment-style dorms, it'll be larger.