Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronald

Seattle pics IV

Great photo set! I'll be there next month for a few days, am I'm quite excited about the prospect of taking some photos of my own.

This photo annoyed me, though:

IMAG0066.jpg

The fact that someone would be able to build a parking garage at such a cool intersection, fronting such cool streetscape, is a shame, and shows everything wrong with modern car-based urbanism...

- Garris

Providence, RI

Great photo set!  I'll be there next month for a few days, am I'm quite excited about the prospect of taking some photos of my own.

The fact that someone would be able to build a parking garage at such a cool intersection, fronting such cool streetscape, is a shame, and shows everything wrong with modern car-based urbanism...

- Garris

Providence, RI

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My town of Grand Rapids, MI, used to have a ridiculous and ugly 6-story monstrosity of a parking garage at the "official" city center. It was an eyesore. It has since been torn down and it looks like it will be replaced by a 7-10 story mixed use project with lots of residential. Don't despair entirely....progress is being made in some areas! ;)

Great photo set!  I'll be there next month for a few days, am I'm quite excited about the prospect of taking some photos of my own.

This photo annoyed me, though:

IMAG0066.jpg

- Garris

Providence, RI

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They call that parking garage "the boat" and it's being seen as a cool parking garage by some Seattelites.

I suppose they could have build a nice building there instead of a parking garage too. There's plenty of space underground to build parking garages.

Have a good time in Seattle, you'll like it, no doubt about that! ;)

They call that parking garage "the boat" and it's being seen as a cool parking garage by some Seattelites.

I suppose they could have build a nice building there instead of a parking garage too. There's plenty of space underground to build parking garages.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's commonly referred to as the "sinking ship" parking garage in Seattle.

There were plans to put a building on top of it, but that never happened.

Did have a gas station on it at one time.

It's supposed to be demolished to make way for a monorail station if it ever gets built (the way things are going, it's going to be a miracle if it does get built).

-- LB

It's commonly referred to as the "sinking ship" parking garage in Seattle.

There were plans to put a building on top of it, but that never happened.

Did have a gas station on it at one time.

It's supposed to be demolished to make way for a monorail station if it ever gets built (the way things are going, it's going to be a miracle if it does get built).

-- LB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I heard there was a lot of discussion going on in Seattle about the continuing of the Monorail Project.