Downtown Sanford

sanford32

Massing of large buildings has two elements in my opinion - height and bulk. I wouldn't be scared of the height. I would be scared of the bulk of this project - it looks inappropriate. The design is way lacking for a downtown - should be orthogonal to the street grid of Downtown Sanford, have an identifyable base, body and top, etc.

• 6 months later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massing of large buildings has two elements in my opinion - height and bulk. I wouldn't be scared of the height. I would be scared of the bulk of this project - it looks inappropriate. The design is way lacking for a downtown - should be orthogonal to the street grid of Downtown Sanford, have an identifyable base, body and top, etc.

What is the adddres of the location? Also, what is the latest news on the project? What is going to be the height?

Talk about reviving a dead thread, if anyone out there is reading this, speaking of South Floridaish developments and condos, what are all those new condo towers in Altamonte Springs? How many units does that huge development comprise, and are those suburban south FL or what! I remember them being maybe 12 floors, but they looked puny next to that nice office tower that's almost complete! and has taken 5x as long as the condos!

Talk about reviving a dead thread, if anyone out there is reading this, speaking of South Floridaish developments and condos, what are all those new condo towers in Altamonte Springs? How many units does that huge development comprise, and are those suburban south FL or what! I remember them being maybe 12 floors, but they looked puny next to that nice office tower that's almost complete! and has taken 5x as long as the condos!

Most of the new Altamonte development is described in the Other Metro Projects there: here

Archived