Will Hard Rock Cafe ever come to Charlotte..

atownrocks

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

charlotte needs a hard rock like it needs another applebees. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. I can live without another chain restaurant, and like monsoon said, Charlotte isn't touristy enough for a Hard Rock.

Also, having so many Hard Rocks has taken away the appeal.

I don't think Charlotte has enough tourist activity to support one on its own. 

that's the only reason it worked in nashville. the only locals who pass through the doors more than once in their life are the workers. i'd rather have a restaurant that has good food, maybe say....sticky fingers?

I think that a Hard Rock would do well in Chalrotte if it opened. Charlotte could hold one just as well as many cities that do have one. Let's face it, how much tourism does Louisville, Salt Lake City, or Sacramento get? But Hard Rock isn't particularly needed here, we'll be fine without one, just like Seattle.

perhaps they should build a Soft Rock Cafe in charlotte. isn't Muzak headquartered in the metro area? Clay aiken is moving back to the state, he could be proprietor/entertainer. i'm sure it would do well with soccer moms and bank execs.

btw. i think i got over the hardrockcafe fad in 1994. my dad travels internationally a lot and always drinks enough beer there to get free tshirts.... he always brings us some from obscure cities around the globe.

if you happen to shop for your clothing at salvation army on central, you may have seen some of them :).

perhaps they should build a Soft Rock Cafe in charlotte.  isn't Muzak headquartered in the metro area?  Clay aiken is moving back to the state, he could be proprietor/entertainer.  i'm sure it would do well with soccer moms and bank execs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

You are so right dubone, Hard Rock is quite dated at this point. I'd even go so far as saying it was an 80s fad. Why stop at Hard Rock...why don't we also try and get a Planet Hollywood while we're at it?

I see nothing redeeming about looking at gold Whitesnake albums on the wall while I eat an undercooked $20 hamburger.

perhaps they should build a Soft Rock Cafe in charlotte.  isn't Muzak headquartered in the metro area?  Clay aiken is moving back to the state, he could be proprietor/entertainer.  i'm sure it would do well with soccer moms and bank execs.

btw.  i think i got over the hardrockcafe fad in 1994.  my dad travels internationally a lot and always drinks enough beer there to get free tshirts.... he always brings us some from obscure cities around the globe.   

if you happen to shop for your clothing at salvation army on central, you may have seen some of them :).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes: soft rock cafe, brilliant. i could imagine the walls filled with objects once owned by jon secada, kenny g, etc.

also, i used to work for muzak and i found it hilarious how they tried to distance themselves from background music that became known as "muzak". they now make there money from creating soundtracks for stores like banana republic, on hold messaging, and satilite tv music programs. the muzak building is a very beautiful place...sadly they put it just over the line in fort mill. i often imagined what kind of amazing impact that company would have had on uptown if they had of put it there. i felt sorry for all the people who left dt seattle to follow their jobs to fort mill (not that anything is wrong with FM, its just a big change). about 95% of them moved back within the year.

*ironically* @ the new muzak building there is music being played everywhere - even the parking lot...everywhere except the elevator. (actually this was on purpose)

• 4 weeks later...

I think if Louisville and Pittsburgh can have one then Charlotte can too......they should make the design shaped like a queen's crown.....make it look unique.....and have it right next to the new NBA arena......it would be nice if we could get another restaurant such as Rainforest Cafe uptown.......that would be awesome

Archived