Growth: Metropolitan Corporate Centre

Florida

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...maintain that area as Tallahassee's premier destination for luxury.

Despite the shift of attention away from the North East, it will for some time, remain Tallahassee's most privledged area.

Seems like you have pretty much pigeon-holed the entire NE...luxury, priviledged, exclusive...why not just say snobs, elite, upper class? I think you're getting carried away with it.

The NE has two things going for it that other areas lack: Good access and a quality development in Killearn. Other than that it has some other quality smaller developments and a lot of infill development. There are a lot of average quality houses in the NE; not everyone lives in the lap of luxury. Southwood is a quality development and will promote infill growth around it, but until it gets an interstate leg I don't think it will have the dynamic that Killearn does. Other areas of Tallahassee will need better limited-access road access like an interstate to realize their potential. I don't think this Metropolitan Corp Office Center would have been developed in and of itself without Killearn and I-10 already in place.

But I don't think your generalizations about the NE and the people that live their are accurate or fair.

Seems like you have pretty much pigeon-holed the entire NE...luxury, priviledged, exclusive...why not just say snobs, elite, upper class? I think you're getting carried away with it.

The NE has two things going for it that other areas lack: Good access and a quality development in Killearn. Other than that it has some other quality smaller developments and a lot of infill development. There are a lot of average quality houses in the NE; not everyone lives in the lap of luxury. Southwood is a quality development and will promote infill growth around it, but until it gets an interstate leg I don't think it will have the dynamic that Killearn does. Other areas of Tallahassee will need better limited-access road access like an interstate to realize their potential. I don't think this Metropolitan Corp Office Center would have been developed in and of itself without Killearn and I-10 already in place.

But I don't think your generalizations about the NE and the people that live their are accurate or fair.

Tallaman, I think it is quite obvious at the current time that an overwhelming percentage of the wealth in this community lives in NE Tallahassee. Homes in this area sell for more on average than any other area in this community, and the median house hold income in this area is much higher than than any other area in this city. This is not to say that everyone in the NE is rich, or lives in prestige, but if you had to put your finger on the map and tell someone where the more affluent population lives in Tallahassee, the Thomasville Road Sector and NE Tallahassee is a safe bet.

And you're right, I-10 and the eariler development of Killearn helped the area to realize its potential. Which is why I think Southwood as another large PUD could find its potential quicker if (1) we hurry and finish Capital Circle (6 lanes with divided median) OR a South Limited Access Road as you've suggested.

I was raised in NE Tallahassee so I feel my statements about the culture on that side of town are fair, however, if they have offended you I apologize, not at all my intent.

Well, Audi is owned by Volkswagen, so there are a lot of similarities and parts shared, though I think to most VW and Audi fans the two brands have very different looks. BMW is a wholly separate company, and is the direct competitor to Audi. Volkswagen I think sees itself as more of a competitor to Mercedes. All three are nice, but I'd rather have a VW than either an Audi or a BMW.

I've recently developed a thing for the Audi, the A8.... what a beautiful car!

I'm sorry, its my fault we've gone off topic here. Although we don't have my Lexus store going in here, I'm curious what type of companies would make a perfect fit for the buildings planned. I know there are tons of law offices, and real estate firms out in this area, doctors offices too.

I'd love to see a home-grown insurance company grow. We need our own little AFLAC, like they have in Colombus, GA.

LOL. Tallahassee-Killearneans... I've never been able to establish a strong relationship with anyone from the Killearn area. Had a few fake buddies in HS... but afterwards none of them want to stay in touch.

Surely if Killearn doesn't have good infrastructure, none of this community does.

I see... you're talking about the sewage system out there... I guess the dependance on Septic Tanks is soon to be over for those in the Killearn area. However, they've got the best roads in the city and sidewalks too. The schools in the area are isolated and therefore very safe. And there seems to be shopping around every corner. For all that's so convienant to the people in the Killearn area, its amazing how much they drive. There should be a trolley or bus just dedicated to getting people around the Killearn area.

It may even be cool to explore a rail system now while its still possible out there. One that we could possibly link to a city-wide system in the future.

Absolutely... the benifits of Mass Transit are beautiful once people realize it. Some of us are so caught up with our personal automobiles, but imagine how much safer the streets would be if we'd move to mass transit, and imagine all the greenbacks people would have to shop with, to buy something other than gasoline, and tires.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived