Growth: Metropolitan Corporate Centre

Florida

^That's not what the Democrat says in their article and they are ALWAYS right! :rofl: (Or at least that's what their editor keeps saying in his blog.)

Here's a tiny part of that article I linked above:

"Earlier this month, the Parrish Group announced the purchase of the Metropolitan Corporate Center. The announcement comes after the company obtained the rights to develop a 300,000 square-foot office park on the property after purchasing the site earlier this year"

Have you learned something different TJ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

According to Southland Commercial:

"The Parrish Group: purchased three parcels of land at the Metropolitan Corporate Center and plans to begin construction on office/medial buildings by year's end. The Metropolitan Center is located on the southwest corner of I-10 and Thomasville Road. Parrish also intends to purchase additional parcels of land within the office park at a later date."

• 3 weeks later...

Correction: Metropolitan Corporate Center

T.J. Lewis

Earlier I reported that Parrish Group only purchased 3 parcels in the Metropolitan Corporate Center. While that was true at that time, I was unaware that Parrish had purchased the balance of the parcels in the commercial office park -- a total of 26+ acres. When they've closed on all of their property they will have the rights to build 300,000 sq.ft. of office space at this location.

Currently Mr Parrish and company report negotiating with Superior Bank, a real estate company, medical offices, and an advertising agency for the space in the first two buildings. Designs are underway for the first building, which is expected to conform the "Signature Parrish" style.

An article written August 22, 2007 by Will Brown of the Tallahassee Democrat indicates there is still a strong market for commercial space in Tallahassee. Matt Brown, chief executive of Premier Bank hopes to see this become "the premier corporate facility for Tallahassee." He notes this park will open up opportunities for businesses to create regional headquarters here in Tallahassee.

To Read these articles yourself:

Parrish Group Purchases Local Corporate Center (August 22, 2007)

Parrish Group Buys Metropolitan Corporate Center, New Office Construction to Begin (August 6, 2007)

----------------------------------------------------

Metropolitan Corporate Center was a project that started under the ownership of Pat Krause. He suddenly died in 2006. His wife then began the process of selling the Metropolitan Corporate Center property to the Parrish Group. The group expects to close on the property before Summer 2008.

• 4 months later...

Everytime I pass I see the lone Farmers and Merchants bank sitting in a sea of parking lots. Its really difficult to see a nice development like this not get off the ground... I would think that people would want to locate here, and tenants would be easy to find.

Heres to hoping the F&M Bank gets some friends soon.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the info. Seaty. It must be their regional HQ since the bank is actually HQ'd in Birmingham?? Looks like we are going to be drowning in red brick w/this project. I don't mind it too much, but I'm glad all of town isn't like that. Parrish has taken over the development, so you know how it's gonna look.

Archived