Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida

Governor's Crossing

86 posts in this topic

Governor's Crossing: Publix

governors_photo1.jpg

Introducing Tallahassee's Newest Publix Center Located at the Intersection of Blairstone and Park Avenue... it will be the ancor of a New Development being called Governor's Crossing. This development is brought to us by Konover South Developers.

The Governor's Crosssing Development is major for Tallahassee and its newly renovated Blairstone Corridor. This will be the first major development since the Southwood Publix at the southern end of Blairstone Road. Not only will it involve improvements to the North East corner of the intersection where this new Publix will sit, but to the other 3 blocks as well. A map has been provided for a visual of the proposed changes.

governors_site.jpg

Images Courtesy of Konover South Developers.

Where is the new Publix site located exactly? From the picture it looks like the corner of Park and Blair Stone.

I'm sorry to change things up on you like that Relient! I didn't expect you to be so quick!

Now underconstruction is Tallahassee's Newest Publix Shopping Center...

DSCF0446.jpg

DSCF0438.jpg

Technically this would be our 12th Publix, however, what we're not supossed to know yet is that they will be closing the Apalachee Parkway location, keeping our Publix count at 11.

DSCF0447.jpg

Current Publix Site at Apalachee Parkway... now Tallahassee's Oldest Crustiest Publix Store.

Here are some shots, progress shots will be posted as they become available.

hehe. No worries, man. :) I love that map of what all is expected to be at that intersection in the future.

^I was going to post here before he even found the thread.

I like the idea. It looks like a pretty big complex.

Yeah it made things much easier. I wish I had one for each development, but speaking of maps, there are a few places where I can plug them in. Let me get to work on that.

Tallahassee has needed a Panera for a while. Thats great news. When is this supposed to be done? Publix centers tend to go up quick. Lets hope so.

^Yeah... like you said Publix centers go up rather quickly so I'd expect to see the doors open here in 8 or 9 months. Maybe sooner.

I think I've heard of this Panera before, but I'm not big on bread.

I don't know why, I just wasn't too impressed with the Atlanta Bread Company's food. Maybe it was just the product I recieved. I look for good things out of this Panera.

I ate at Panera yesterday. We have a new one where I currently live. I think it's great news that Panera's coming to Tallahassee. While sandwiches like those aren't my favorite food of choice, the overall Panera experience is great. The one here has a great look to it outside and in. Plus it has free Wi-Fi!

There's something about the design of that publix that makes me tingle... it has flair! I expect big things for this one... Anyone think it will be upscale?

What would an upscale Publix be like exactly? I just can't picture an upscale grocery store. I must agree with you that it looks good from the rendering though.

Yes... maybe I should have been a little clearer.

If you walk into the Publix at Southwood or Bradforville you get a very upscale vibe, a feeling comes over you where you know you're shopping where the "rich folks" do.

When I look at this store thats what I see from the outside... its not like the huge stores at Ocala or Lake Ella which tend to cater to a diverse crowd, yet its not small like the "country stores" at Lake Jackson and Crawfordville Road, where everyone walks around barefoot.

I'm just judging from outward apperances which I shouldn't do.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Publixes tend to be a little nicer than most grocery stores anyway. At least the newer ones. I wish there was one here.

It may be on the way, Publix has penetrated the Tennessee market. One may be right around the corner from you some time soon.

According to the Publix Web site, there's one only 11 miles from my zip code (could be more or less from my apartment). I wasn't aware there was one that close. I may have to drive there some time to see how long it actually takes me. However, it's hard to justify it considering there's a Kroger right near my house. :)

Agreed, the shopping experience is suite,

everything u want, they carry.

Well I don't know about everything. They don't carry enough Powerade at the Clublix on Ocala, nor do they have a good selection of Kool-Aid anymore. And don't get me started on the trail mix.

But I love Publix!

Nothing compares to a Publix.

Sorry, but I'd take a Wegmans over a Publix any day of the week. As for what's down here, though, Publix is definitly the best of the bunch.

Wegmans and Publix are brothers on the tree of excellence... Spend a little extra money and time on hiring good people, and cleaning each night.