Roads: Tallahassee Capital Circle

stjoe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say this loud and clear. The agency in charge of voting for these blue print projects, namely the widening of Capital Circle has made a very bad mistake. Tell me this Tallahassee-Leon County Blueprint 2000 agency... how long is it going to take for you all to get serious about a serious road from I-10 to our Airport?! How many NIMBY residents will it take to come forward before the road is removed completly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here, here, TaureanJ! By the time they get around to accomodating all existing NIMBY's and start planning the road, more will have built and moved in. Having grown up in Pinellas, I can tell you that the more time they waste getting it done, the more it will cost us taxpayers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AMEN BROTHA! I think it's my goal in life to see the entire road done.

Can someone please ask someone why they must do it in phases and not all at once?

Is there a crime in planning out the entire expansion at the same time and hiring a company or group of companies to do the job?

Talk to me somebody!

:w00t:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Just what we need, more state offices on Capital Circle to add to future concurrency problems :angry:

So basically the State is abandoning property downtown just to allow the expansion of state offices in Southwood - Damn hypocrites.

This is the one thing that ticks me off about DCA, it's quick to deny economic development for private corporations due to the lack of infrastruction (or so they say) while the state offices continue to expand at will.

• 2 weeks later...

Capital Circle SE Could Begin Next Fall

CCSE.jpg

tdo.com

According to an article in today's paper, $1.9 Million, and $1.2 Million are now in play after two NW Florida communities couldn't come up with the funds to match. Tallahassee has a good chance to get these matching funds as we DO have the funds to match them. We are currently $6 Million short of starting construction on the Segment of Capital Circle SE between Tram and Woodville HWY, from 2 lanes to 6.

The contract is supossed to be awarded in May and construction to begin in the fall of next year.

I am suprised no one has mentioned this yet, but there is and expansion planned for Tharpe street from a 2 lane to a 4 lane. If my memory serves me right it will stretch from San Luis Rd. to Cap. Circle NW. My source was WTXL ABC, I tried to look for the story on this but ummmm their website is underconstruction. If anyone knows anymore details about this, I woud be greatly appreciated.

I am suprised no one has mentioned this yet, but there is and expansion planned for Tharpe street from a 2 lane to a 4 lane. If my memory serves me right it will stretch from San Luis Rd. to Cap. Circle NW. My source was WTXL ABC, I tried to look for the story on this but ummmm their website is underconstruction. If anyone knows anymore details about this, I woud be greatly appreciated.

Archived