Local Area Watch Visitors

GRDadof3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a few minutes to read through this site...Who is this guy and does anyone read his blog?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His name is William Tingley, and he owns a manufacturing company in Monroe North by the old B&G Factory Conversion. He posted here for a little while, but was booted for completely incoherent rants and name-calling (from what I remember). The threads that he was on have been completely wiped away.

hmmm must have ben before I joined then, I dont remember him (or maybe I do, just cant put two and two together.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you were around. He only posted a few times, and got the boot just about the same time FreddyC did :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to take this opportunity to make some amends. I read on "Local Area Watch" Tingley's response to this post, and I want to say that my recollection of the events may be wrong. Maybe it was someone else who was banned at the time who was the devilmaker, who knows. So my apologies, if you check in here Tingley. I do not make a habit of smearing people's reputations (except maybe Moch's :P ).

BTW: I am an outspoken critic of the "Cool Cities" Initiative (just ask my friends and relatives). The only thing I like to see is the rejuvenation of our very distressed Division Avenue.

"cool cities" as a term is nothing more then "economic stimulus" when it comes to political jargon. Its nothing more then that. Its words that can grab attention and get support behind it.

Overall the project hasnt been all that unsuccessful. Its goal is to keep professionals in the state. Whether it achieves that goal is up to the residents of the state to be honest.

His name is William Tingley, and he owns a manufacturing company in Monroe North by the old B&G Factory Conversion.  He posted here for a little while, but was booted for completely incoherent rants and name-calling (from what I remember).  The threads that he was on have been completely wiped away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh yeah. I remember this idiot. His posts were put in the trash (not visible). He was quite caustic and banned for violating our rules including attacking our forumers and staff. I remember that he was a bit of pest in that he registered several names until he got the message that he wasn't wanted around here. I always figured he was about 13 or 14 years old and bored in the suburbs somewhere.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to make some amends. I read on "Local Area Watch" Tingley's response to this post, and I want to say that my recollection of the events may be wrong. Maybe it was someone else who was banned at the time who was the devilmaker, who knows. So my apologies, if you check in here Tingley. I do not make a habit of smearing people's reputations (except maybe Moch's tongue.gif

I'm not gonna waste my time reading this guys site, but it sounds like he called you out in his blog?! What is going on?

"cool cities" as a term is nothing more then "economic stimulus" when it comes to political jargon. Its nothing more then that. Its words that can grab attention and get support behind it.

Overall the project hasnt been all that unsuccessful. Its goal is to keep professionals in the state. Whether it achieves that goal is up to the residents of the state to be honest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been asked, and have accepted, to be on the Governor's committee to evaluate the success of the Cool Cities initiative. Our first meeting is next week in Lansing. Should be interesting.

Archived