Randleman Road

DigitalSky

What's your opinion on this road? Some of it looks like "the land time forgot" (as someone dubbed the Freedom Rd area of Charlotte)... Is that really old Harris Teeter still open? I didn't drive south of 40 on Randleman, but I drove down towards town and there's one of the oldest Taco Bell's i've seen plus other vintage looking stuff. Well I'll drive down it sometime in the daytime soon and probably write more about what i see

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as commerical development goes, Randleman Road is very '60s.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The former Kmart, (now Furniture Liquidators) even after renovation still looks like an old 1960's Kmart. Even some of the street lights on Randleman Rd look like the original ones from the '60s!

The former Kmart, (now Furniture Liquidators) even after renovation still looks like an old 1960's Kmart. Even some of the street lights on Randleman Rd look like the original ones from the '60s!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok I was wondering what that big box used to be.. i thought a Kmart, makes sense now

that's cool. I guess that Food Lion relocated to the Elm Eugene/Meadowview corner.  I'm gonna try this weekend go go around that area and get some pics and hopefully a cool photo tour :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'll be great! Looking forward to those pictures.

If you happen to stop in that Food Lion shopping center and need some new sneakers for school, there's a Fashion Avenue store there that's suprisingly good.

• 7 months later...

I recently took my first trip on Randleman Road. It has seen better days within three or four blocks away in each direction from its I-40/I-85 Business interchange. Captain D's, Shoney's, Burger King, Dairy Queen and Taco Bell closed up in recent years. In their places are Chinese and Hispanic eateries and retailers and some urban clubs.

Archived