Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

I have seen a Cheesecake Factory in a strip mall before. Do you any of you think that would happen here?

I feel like this has been brought up countless times.  I've never seen been to a cheesecake factory, so I know nothing about it, but everyone here believes that there's less than a 1% chance of a cheesecake factory coming anytime soon.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Coach, I don't know how long it's been gone but brand specific accessory store or brands that are not exclusive to that store seem to have struggled at the Promenade and other places I've noticed over the years. Seems that they last in only in the biggest of markets like a Dallas or Atlanta. Fossil was another example. When other stores carry it and often at or very near the same location, that happens. I've seen some big names come and go at Saddle Creek in Germantown(Memphis) since it opened. First one I remember evaporating there was the Ralph Lauren store. Some do make it though. I remember lots of Timberland stores coming and going in the 90s.

On Coach, I don't know how long it's been gone but brand specific accessory store or brands that are not exclusive to that store seem to have struggled at the Promenade and other places I've noticed over the years. Seems that they last in only in the biggest of markets like a Dallas or Atlanta. Fossil was another example. When other stores carry it and often at or very near the same location, that happens. I've seen some big names come and go at Saddle Creek in Germantown(Memphis) since it opened. First one I remember evaporating there was the Ralph Lauren store. Some do make it though. I remember lots of Timberland stores coming and going in the 90s.

The difference with Fossil was that it was clothing too.  Dillard's only carries accessories.  With Coach, pretty much the whole store is accessories.  I'm a little surprised that Coach is gone if just for the fact that the mall could spin that as a "high end" pillar and probably hates to see them go for that especially.  It's probably a knock to their ego, which I hear they need anyway.  

And I think Fossil would've lasted a bit longer had it been closer to Dillards.   

There's nothing high end about the Promenade or Pinnacle Hills, it's a typical, now en vogue, outdoor retail center/mall found all over in suburbia America as opposed the exactly the same thing called a mall that's now not en vogue. When my wife nearly busted her ass last year on ice shopping, she realized why malls were enclosed. And... lets be honest, while they had some clothes Fossil wasn't heavy on clothing.

This area needs to get a bit bigger and someone will put in a collection of 15 to 30 shops that may be considered high end when it opens and we'll see if it lasts. An Apple store will become the Cheesecake Factory for all the Apple Bots for said future development.

There's nothing high end about the Promenade or Pinnacle Hills, it's a typical, now en vogue, outdoor retail center/mall found all over in suburbia America as opposed the exactly the same thing called a mall that's now not en vogue. 

Oh I'm not saying it is.  From what I've heard, that's how it's been managed over the last few years.

And just comparing Fossil to surrounding states.  To have a stand alone store, much less one that was a full line store, is more than some cities that are quite a bit bigger have.  

Cheesecake Factory has recently reworked its smaller proto footprint, and is looking a large business districts in smaller population areas for placement. One of the restaurant managers I have recently spoke with said that in the past six months there is increased interest in the smaller footprint of a CF in Wichita and Bentonville.

I still think its just a matter of time before we see Cheesecake Factory and Apple Store in NWA.  There is definitely enough money in the area to support it and tons of business travelers that come in each week.  I think it will happen sooner rather than later.

Best Buy as a company has been doing much better in the last year.  (I will classify "better" as sales declining much more slower than in previous years...so they've slowed some of the bleeding.)  That isn't necessarily an indicator of the Pinnacle store one way or the other.  It probably does have some advantage in that its square footage is relatively low, especially compared to older stores.  

The moment that sales tax becomes mandatory no matter who you buy it from online. the advantage is over. I've completely stopped using Cabelas and Bass Pro because they now have a physical presence in the state.

I get the reasons behind it, but it cheats your community as well. Funny how we beotch about roads and infrastructure and look for ways to dodge the taxes that fund them.

Eh. Sales tax is one element. Competitive pricing is in my opinion the largest reason for online shopping.

Then you have shipped to your door advantages, online prices cheaper than in store of exact same company, purchasing from stores you want that aren't local, shopping from home, research of products at same time of purchasing...

Roads and infrastructure get me to destinations, not mindless shopping outlets.

When someone says shop local, I get it. But I am just as local, and I need to economize. Doesn't that count??? The gimmick of buying local is marketed as one way advantage.

Examples:

Pool pump went out after 8 years. Local pools stores wanted almost 400 for the exact same pump I got online for 130. Don't even get me started on pool chemicals from local shops vs online.

Fridge broke. Researched what part broke, ($80 online 2 day free shipping). local appliance part center said he could order it (online likely) and have it in 10 days (150). Service guy said he wouldn't even sell me the part, even though manufacturer would.

• 3 weeks later...

In regard to Coldwater Creek, they sold the name to a private equity firm that controls Hot Topic and Talbots among others and I bet they will re-launch in the future at their most successful locations with a makeover before hand

• 2 months later...

Archived