RemusCal

Stores I know we don't have and have never been here:

Anthropologie

H&M

Urban Outfitters

Five and below

Nordstrom Rack

Apple

Dick's Sporting Goods (we may be maxed out on the big box sporting good genre)

I can see some of those being core tenents in a newer upscale shopping center, stand alone in downtown areas or part of the mix an open air outlet style center along with the usual suspects found there.

I'm shocked we haven't seen Toys R Us shift to a more central location. Waiting for Fresh Market to go south and Whole Foods to go north, it will happen. CostCo is missing still. Steinmart is reentering, would Disney? 

If we got an outlet like center, what do you want to see in it.

Nike, converse, underarmour, colombia, polo?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Disney, The Container Store (who would do well here), Kate Spade (which probably wouldn't), a Converse outlet. I'm thinking of stores that are at Woodland Hills or the outlet mall in Allen, TX. A Vans store would do well here, I think. We need more restaurants around that area, too. I would love to see a Babies/Toys R US combo store. It'd also be great if the target could turn into a Super, but after suggesting that to them, I received an email from corporate saying that's never going to happen. H&M would be great, but seeing a store like Forever21 @ promenade never being super busy, it makes me think that won't happen. I feel like we still need a little more shown growth before the huge retail stores head this way. It doesn't seem like promenade can serve at full capacity and the food court sitting there empty doesn't show strength, either. 

1 hour ago, Rory12 said:

I would love to see Disney, The Container Store (who would do well here), Kate Spade (which probably wouldn't), a Converse outlet. I'm thinking of stores that are at Woodland Hills or the outlet mall in Allen, TX. A Vans store would do well here, I think. We need more restaurants around that area, too. I would love to see a Babies/Toys R US combo store. It'd also be great if the target could turn into a Super, but after suggesting that to them, I received an email from corporate saying that's never going to happen. H&M would be great, but seeing a store like Forever21 @ promenade never being super busy, it makes me think that won't happen. I feel like we still need a little more shown growth before the huge retail stores head this way. It doesn't seem like promenade can serve at full capacity and the food court sitting there empty doesn't show strength, either. 

Add REI to the list.

I think H&M would be best suited for Fayetteville and it's proximity to the U of A. The one in Memphis area opened up at the outlet center in Southhaven. Newer and remodeled Toys R US include play areas and themed areas like for Wonka branded candies. 

What's to become of Sears? They just closed a store in Memphis and it's reality arm is redeveloping it into a new shopping center with Nordstrom Rack being the first announced tenent. Other redevelopments of old Sears include a smaller scaled down Sears and a mix of other retailers like REI and the Fresh Market.

They are even wanting to lease out half of the Wolfchase Store Memphis. That would make it one story. They are axing the car centers as well it seems. Would they divide the NWA Mall location? A Fresh Market and another larger retailer that doesn't fit into typical mall stores on one side with a smaller Sears on the other? 

I think the Container Store would do fine.  It's been in Little Rock for probably a decade now.  J.Crew would be a nice option for the business community that mainly has Banana and Dillard's for more trendy business styles.  

Sears will close eventually, 5 years at most I'd say.  The NWA Mall already feels so vacant, I don't know who they could attract.  

On 3/5/2016 at 7:08 PM, jb1087 said:

I think the Container Store would do fine.  It's been in Little Rock for probably a decade now.  J.Crew would be a nice option for the business community that mainly has Banana and Dillard's for more trendy business styles.  

Sears will close eventually, 5 years at most I'd say.  The NWA Mall already feels so vacant, I don't know who they could attract.  

Sears needed to evolve, maybe they still could.

Ditch softlines for the most part

Go back the Sears Roebuck and Co. Signage 

Reduce skus of of non Kenmore branded appliances. We know there's no real Kenmore brand, it's just other manufacturers' products rebranded,  slightly tweeked and licensed to Sears. Somewhere in the 90's Sears went gung ho on having tons of skus of every appliance and electronic manufacturer. Effectively competing against themselves and sometimes overwhelming consumers with choices that they would walk to think on it.  Which would let them get another store and eventually just get it over with. Another thing it led to is that there was no way to stock all those floor models and only have limited numbers of the ones they did stock. Martinez, the CEO back then had a logistics background in the military, and he was ate up with just getting it shipped to the stores and carrying no inventory. Sears was considered a logistics juggernaut back then. My Brother, who got his start in the Memphis DC, can attest that being a high up at a Sears DC got other doors opened for you. I sold electronics there back in college I can tell you how many times we'd lose sales because we had no inventory particularly higher end stuff and that was with limited competition back then. I lost big Sony tv sales simply cause Dillard's ,yes Dillard's, had it in stock. All Sears was concerned with was pushing maintenance agreements. You could be their top sales per hour person and if you weren't meeting the add on MA numbers, they'd take away top selling hours from you and make you go to mundane meetings. It was ridiculous. 

Anyway focus on "Sears" brands and offer a limited supply of the other top brands but not 5 Whirlpool dishwashers exactly alike except for some little button here or there.

They should have expanded sporting goods, they relegated it to a small corner and over loaded it with exercise equipment and Christmas ticket items like fuseball and air hockey tables. They ditched ball bats , gloves, footballs and so on. They ditched their guns and ammo way back, which was stupid stupid stupid. How many regular folk had a JC Higgins on the wall back in the day. They vastly overreacted to the end of catalog gun sales. When stores like Sears and Montgomery Ward's ceded this stuff to walmart, the rise of the Academies, Dick's and others was all but inevitable. 

Anyway, I digress, I'd just like to see prototype Sears, Roebuck & Co. storefront that was tools, appliances with the heavy emphasis on Kenmore, sporting goods, which the Land's End line should have been a big part of for some soft line offerings and accessories like luggage ( think Sephora with JC Penny)  electronics and a few other things.

I get they tried these Sears home stores and stuff but they still basically act like catalog stores. They have got to get having it "on hand" as a way of life and they need a major brand makeover. Putting craftsman stuff in Kmart was horrible, horrible, horrible. People used to place value on having Craftsman tools and they went and Harbor Frieght-ed it. 

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, comreguy said:

Sales per sf are higher in fayetteville. 

Well, there you go. I wonder if the lease rates were more favorable as well. It's odd to see a old school mall beat the new school open airs. The two outdoor lifestyle center stores in the Memphis area got axed over the indoor Wolf Chase as well. 

The Fayette ue mall landing an H&M would be quite the feather in the cap considering the loss of the Gap branded stores, I figure that would be the location if it happened there. That whole thing on Wedington may change the whole dynamic of retail in the area though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Arkansas Business reports that Dave and Buster's is rumored to open a 20,000 square feet near Pinnacle Hills Promenade mall. While this will be good addition to that area along with Northwest Arkansas, 20,000 square feet seem tiny for a Dave and Buster's arcade restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 8:44 AM, ecity3138 said:

Arkansas Business reports that Dave and Buster's is rumored to open a 20,000 square feet near Pinnacle Hills Promenade mall. While this will be good addition to that area along with Northwest Arkansas, 20,000 square feet seem tiny for a Dave and Buster's arcade restaurant.

Today's DemGaz is reporting that a permit has been pulled for the state's second D&B at Pinnacle Hills Promenade:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/jul/21/plan-filed-second-dave-busters-restaurant-arkansas/

• 1 month later...

I saw this hotel is coming.  This is great news.  However, why are developers repeating the same type of hotels in the area.  We still don't have a full service Marriott, Hilton, Westin, Hyatt, etc.  I believe we need another full service hotel on the scale of Embassy Suites in the area.

2 hours ago, RemusCal said:

I saw this hotel is coming.  This is great news.  However, why are developers repeating the same type of hotels in the area.  We still don't have a full service Marriott, Hilton, Westin, Hyatt, etc.  I believe we need another full service hotel on the scale of Embassy Suites in the area.

I believe a full service hotel is supposed to go west of I-49 in the new development over there. I haven't heard any name or when it's coming in, just that there is one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Seems the Forever 21 in the Mall in fayetteFayetteville is still open. They did shutter the Banana Republic on the southern end

I'm still shocked there's been no H&M for the area or that Dick's or the Dick's /Field &Steam combo hasn't made it here.

Stores come and go, I can list dozens that have come and gone at malls over the years. Remember, Merry go Round, Chess King, World Bazzar, Gadzooks and on and on. That Forever 21, if the second floor is availible is a prime H&M location.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived