Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think the low unemployment really makes people 'lazy' in this aspect. They see it as no big deal if they have to they'll simply go find another job which of course is easy to do around here.

Any idea what type of place this is? I can't say I've heard of them.

I sure wish it were that easy to find a job in NWA. I am looking and I cant find anything.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I graduate in May from UofA with a degree in Business Admin. I am trying to find a decent job with a vendor. I'm sure I'll find one, but time will tell.

I think some of our forumers here do vendor work. Even if they don't have any jobs for you maybe they'll at least have some info or advice.

I think some of our forumers here do vendor work. Even if they don't have any jobs for you maybe they'll at least have some info or advice.

Unfortunately, giving out job advice is strictly prohibited at Urban Planet and is stated in the rules. The most I would suggest is getting e-mail address's from some other forumers and e-mailing them about opportunities.

Unfortunately, giving out job advice is strictly prohibited at Urban Planet and is stated in the rules. The most I would suggest is getting e-mail address's from some other forumers and e-mailing them about opportunities.

Oops, I forgot about that, sorry. :blush:

Thanks Matt! I was just about to give razorbackfan some job advice. Whew almost blew that one. :D

There's an article in today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette about the development in this area of town. Also an interesting shot. Maybe I can take a pic of the pic and mention the photographer and such for those who don't have access to the paper.

:offtopic:

On another note, Matt there's also a pic of the 'snow park' in Dubai on the front page as well. :D

It is just amazing what is going on in terms of commercial development along I-540. When I drive up and down the highway every day, I feel like I am living in Atlanta or Dallas. It is really beginning to have an urban/suburban feel. I would love to see more high rises along 540 and not so many one story buildings. I think soon we should start seeing more high rises. It only makes sense. This upscale Promenade sounds like it is really going to be nice. Now that I am seeing pictures and the buildings coming along, it is more of a reality in my mind. It may be a pretty good upscale mall. I hope so. We really need one here and for the state.

Mith, I read that article.

Did you see the comparison (maybe you can scan it) between the square footage of the other largest "lifestyle centers" in America and this one? We're going to have one of the biggest such developments in America at this point in time, indeed on a par with projects in (currently) bigger metro areas such as Dallas, Denver and Kansas City.

Man, today I went to a new church (Calvary Chapel, near Rogers High School). Since I had some time before services started, I drove down Bellview, past the Promenade center, past the new apartments (from last year) catty-cornered from it on I-540, down to Wagon Wheel Road west.

MAN.

There are subdivisions going up there I hadn't known existed. I've always told people that it's going to "hit" us how big this area really is once the area between south Rogers, west Lowell, east Cave Springs and north Springdale fills in.

George Will once said, talking about the human genome project and other such research, that "If (scientists) say the work is going to be finished by 2010, you can bet that it will be finished much sooner than that."

The (very extensive, I'd recommend you pick up the "Demo-zette" today as it's on the front page) article Mith talks about today referenced that the NWA (Benton-Washington-Madison-McDonald) metro area is calculated to be around 412,000 now and around 785,000 by 2025.

To paraphrase Mr. Will, based upon all I saw today and see every day on the drive to our business in Centerton, we're going to hit the latter figure sooner than that...

I had thought about posting some of the other stuff and possibly the picture on the front page but I'm a bit hesitant to post too much info from the paper. Most of the stuff is something the paper got elsewhere so I don't think there would be any problems with that. The pic on the otherhand could possibly so I decided not to try post it, although it's certainly a nice shot.

No one heard this from me you understand, but I probably can say this without any trouble. The funding swap between Bentonville and Rogers that everyone thought would happen to help fund the Perry Rd interchange (that was reported I think last week or two) will not be enough. I guess this hasn't been made public, because I see in today's article they say that Rogers has secured funding for it, but they haven't. More grief for Rogers, because now they're going to have to scramble to find another source for funds; otherwise, the Perry Rd interchange will be delayed. That would definitely be egg on their face. They may keep this hush hush and find some money ASAP. It's all about the money.

No one heard this from me you understand, but I probably can say this without any trouble. The funding swap between Bentonville and Rogers that everyone thought would happen to help fund the Perry Rd interchange (that was reported I think last week or two) will not be enough. I guess this hasn't been made public, because I see in today's article they say that Rogers has secured funding for it, but they haven't. More grief for Rogers, because now they're going to have to scramble to find another source for funds; otherwise, the Perry Rd interchange will be delayed. That would definitely be egg on their face. They may keep this hush hush and find some money ASAP. It's all about the money.

If it is delayed, is that going to really hamper the accessability for much of that area?

If it is delayed, is that going to really hamper the accessability for much of that area?

Oh absolutely. For one, New Hope to the north I'm not sure is scheduled for completion before the Promenade opens. Even if it does, it still won't be enough. Secondly, Pleasant Grove interchange to the south doesn't even have signals, and engineering work is still being done on that so it hasn't even begun construction. Now imagine how bad traffic is today over there... then add several hundred vehicles during the rush hour (at least to start out with). Not so hot. The developers of course want/need that open right away because if congestion is so bad, some people just won't bother coming, which is bad for business. I can think of certain places in NWA during certain times of the day where traffic is so bad I just don't even bother trying to get at that business because of congestion.

It is just amazing what is going on in terms of commercial development along I-540. When I drive up and down the highway every day, I feel like I am living in Atlanta or Dallas. It is really beginning to have an urban/suburban feel. I would love to see more high rises along 540 and not so many one story buildings. I think soon we should start seeing more high rises. It only makes sense. This upscale Promenade sounds like it is really going to be nice. Now that I am seeing pictures and the buildings coming along, it is more of a reality in my mind. It may be a pretty good upscale mall. I hope so. We really need one here and for the state.

The strip of I-540 from Lowell to Bentonville is going to be a very impressive drive with all the new developments that will be going up there. I hope they'll throw up some light posts down the center median and exits just to give it a more urban feel. I wish I could find a concept drawing of what that section of I-540 will look like... I guess I'm just over-anxious.

Oh absolutely. For one, New Hope to the north I'm not sure is scheduled for completion before the Promenade opens. Even if it does, it still won't be enough. Secondly, Pleasant Grove interchange to the south doesn't even have signals, and engineering work is still being done on that so it hasn't even begun construction. Now imagine how bad traffic is today over there... then add several hundred vehicles during the rush hour (at least to start out with). Not so hot. The developers of course want/need that open right away because if congestion is so bad, some people just won't bother coming, which is bad for business. I can think of certain places in NWA during certain times of the day where traffic is so bad I just don't even bother trying to get at that business because of congestion.

That news is a real bummer. It's not bad enough that pretty much all of the big developments in Benton County are located right on I-540 but hearing there won't be enough road improvements to keep up is really going to threaten the success of many of these developments. Here's an excerpt from a recent news article that says a lot:

"John McLarty, a planner for the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission, said the biggest problem with I-540 is trying to exit. At peak times, off-ramp traffic backs up onto the interstate."

Yeah this certainly isn't news any of the shopping areas wanted to hear. It sounds like once all the road construction is finished it would be able to handle traffic flow from I-540. But the problem is that it doesn't look like it will be finished before the developments are finished. I can just imagine how bad things will be when they first open over there too. It will probably remind me of going anywhere near the mall area here in Fayetteville around Christmas.

Yeah this certainly isn't news any of the shopping areas wanted to hear. It sounds like once all the road construction is finished it would be able to handle traffic flow from I-540. But the problem is that it doesn't look like it will be finished before the developments are finished. I can just imagine how bad things will be when they first open over there too. It will probably remind me of going anywhere near the mall area here in Fayetteville around Christmas.

It's unfortunate for the 12,000 to 14,000 commuters who don't have any choice but to deal with the new traffic congestion created by these new developments. If it's not resolved real soon it could drive many commuters to pack up and move from Fayetteville and Springdale to Rogers and Bentonville just to avoid the hassle.

The strip of I-540 from Lowell to Bentonville is going to be a very impressive drive with all the new developments that will be going up there. I hope they'll throw up some light posts down the center median and exits just to give it a more urban feel. I wish I could find a concept drawing of what that section of I-540 will look like... I guess I'm just over-anxious.

I don't know if light posts will be constructed in the median but I would imagine light posts would go in somewhere (perhaps off to the sides). Though that's a very interesting question, I'll have to look into that.

There's also not going to be much incentive for people to check out the new shopping areas if traffic is so horrible. Especially if you're coming from an area further away like people from Fayetteville.

I'm no developer, but I would imagine that certain stores like JC Penney, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, etc probably wouldn't draw many people from Washington County to hassle with the potential traffic problems, unless they really want to go to a specialty store. I wouldn't be as pessimistic about the potential traffic situation if there were better side streets/arterials in the area. But there really aren't. Construction on New Hope and 71B have been going on for I think 1-2 years, and they still aren't done either. I wish there was a way to speed things along-- unfortunately, the city isn't going to tell developers to cool off. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Archived