Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Actually, I wasn't. I'm sorry if that's how it seemed. I admit I was a bit stubborn about Nordstroms but I never questioned your population counts or median HH incomes... except for North Dallas. My prediction that Northwest Arkansas will get some of these big name, big dollar retailers is based more on the uniqueness of NWA and less on statistics. Some may say Northwest Arkansas isn't so unique but I'd have plenty of examples to present them to show the contrary, although it might take a little time.

Masonsdad,

I totally agree with what you are saying. We have to remember the Crystal Bridges Art Museum is coming and don't forget about all the fans that come to razorback games. The tourists bring in lots of tax dollars. Also, we have over 150 Fortune 500 Companies. Plus all the business travelers that come in each week to do business with Walmart. That brings in a lot of disposable income. I mean, I would never believe that we are already getting a PF Changs and we are. That is a restaurant that usually only goes in a large metro. But we are getting one. I would not doubt that we will get some high end things that Little Rock doesn't even have in a few years.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I wasn't. I'm sorry if that's how it seemed. I admit I was a bit stubborn about Nordstroms but I never questioned your population counts or median HH incomes... except for North Dallas. My prediction that Northwest Arkansas will get some of these big name, big dollar retailers is based more on the uniqueness of NWA and less on statistics. Some may say Northwest Arkansas isn't so unique but I'd have plenty of examples to present them to show the contrary, although it might take a little time.

I did pull the switcheroo on you by shifting the conversation from median to average HH incomes.

Slight of hand..

Avg HH incomes are more telling to the total wealth in a given area, and therefore more important to (especially high-end) retailers.

One can reverse the math, given avg HH size and number of households and arrive at per capita, and even more specifically discretionary income when factored with COL averages.

Median just tells you who is in the middle.

What do you mean by 150 Fortune 500 companies?

The only Fortune 500 companies I know of in NWA are Wal-Mart and Tyson Foods.

I hate answering for other people but I believe he's referring to the hundreds of Fortune 500 companies that have a presence in NWA due to there relationship with Wal-Mart (vendors/suppliers). Although I'm not too sure about them being Fortune 500 companies as much as maybe Fortune 1000 or 2000 companies.

I did pull the switcheroo on you by shifting the conversation from median to average HH incomes.

Slight of hand..

Avg HH incomes are more telling to the total wealth in a given area, and therefore more important to (especially high-end) retailers.

One can reverse the math, given avg HH size and number of households and arrive at per capita, and even more specifically discretionary income when factored with COL averages.

Median just tells you who is in the middle.

Thanks for the info. I'm not even going to try to figure out all the ins and outs of what you do for a living. I do tech support for a living, so I don't use nearly as much of my brain as you do! A monkey can be trained to do tech support although there would be a language barrier... but hey it puts food on the table and I do kinda like bananas. :D

What do you mean by 150 Fortune 500 companies?

The only Fortune 500 companies I know of in NWA are Wal-Mart and Tyson Foods.

I am talking about all the vendors such as Proctor and Gamble, Coke, Pepsi, Kelloggs, Gen Mills, Pfizer, Newell Rubbermaid. These are all well established companies in our area and believe me that a lot of disposable income in coming into the area.

I am talking about all the vendors such as Proctor and Gamble, Coke, Pepsi, Kelloggs, Gen Mills, Pfizer, Newell Rubbermaid. These are all well established companies in our area and believe me that a lot of disposable income in coming into the area.

Yeah, but I think mcheiss' point is that having a branch office of a Fortune 500 company in NWA is WAY different than actually having that company IN NWA.

Its closer to saying Best Buy has some high paid management at their stores in NWA.

I'm not real familiar with the way vendor offices work but I've always assumed that they had two to three high paid marketing people each at their Benton Co. office and perhaps some support staff..

Yeah, but I think mcheiss' point is that having a branch office of a Fortune 500 company in NWA is WAY different than actually having that company IN NWA.

Its closer to saying Best Buy has some high paid management at their stores in NWA.

I'm not real familiar with the way vendor offices work but I've always assumed that they had two to three high paid marketing people each at their Benton Co. office and perhaps some support staff..

As far as vendors go, I can tell you that the P&G office employs right around 60 people and everyone in that office except for a few office support make over $40,000. I looked into getting a job their out of college and your entry level jobs start pretty damn good. The vendors are where the money is and I don't you can compare that to a Best Buy where 90% of the people employed their are making a dollars over min. wage.

Wal-Mart vendors and suppliers make as much as 20-30% of their revenue from selling their products to Wal-Mart; some make up to 100%. When you're dealing in billions of dollars you're going to pay those people in the NWA satellite offices top dollar. I can imagine when they sell something to Wal-Mart they get a very nice bonus. Also, the company most likely pays all their living expenses until they actually move here.

In other words, having over 2,000 of these vendors and suppliers in NWA means a lot of tax dollars for NWA.

As far as vendors go, I can tell you that the P&G office employs right around 60 people and everyone in that office except for a few office support make over $40,000. I looked into getting a job their out of college and your entry level jobs start pretty damn good. The vendors are where the money is and I don't you can compare that to a Best Buy where 90% of the people employed their are making a dollars over min. wage.

Thanks for the insight. As I said, I wasn't familiar with the whole vendor set up.

Pretty close. I know for a fact that P&G has 250 people now in their office and they are planning on building a new office building on Joyce. Many of the vendors are relocating their top people, including VPs of sales and marketing to this area. It is bringing in salaries of 150,000+ and up to 300,000+. There is no telling how much these offices will keep expanding, but the incomes keep coming into the area.

I don't see why you question his North Dallas numbers. Yeah, there are some not incredibly wealthy apts filled with illegal immigrants nearby (which is also true of NWA) but Northpark is right across the street from the Park Cities, where there are 35,000 people living in the richest two zip codes in Texas where the median home price is around $1.5 mil. Preston Hollow is nearby as are the nicer zips in Lake Highlands. You can't buy a house within 5 miles of Northpark for less than $400k and it won't be much of a house if you do.

Crystal Bridges will be nice and I'm certainly going to see it, but it won't be the Guggenheim, Chicago Museum of Art, or even the Nelson-Atkins Museum (KC). It will be very impressive for a state like Arkansas.

Pretty close. I know for a fact that P&G has 250 people now in their office and they are planning on building a new office building on Joyce. Many of the vendors are relocating their top people, including VPs of sales and marketing to this area. It is bringing in salaries of 150,000+ and up to 300,000+. There is no telling how much these offices will keep expanding, but the incomes keep coming into the area.

Thanks for backing up what I said about these big companies moving their top people to this area to sell products to Wal-Mart. Tupperware lost millions when they got kicked out of Wal-Mart for just a year and the other thousands of suppliers don't want to make the same mistake. It's a battle for shelf space and they're not playing games. It's just too bad noone from Northwest Arkansas can expect to get one of those high paying jobs... they're only giving those jobs to people from out of state.

Thanks for backing up what I said about these big companies moving their top people to this area to sell products to Wal-Mart. Tupperware lost millions when they got kicked out of Wal-Mart for just a year and the other thousands of suppliers don't want to make the same mistake. It's a battle for shelf space and they're not playing games. It's just too bad noone from Northwest Arkansas can expect to get one of those high paying jobs... they're only giving those jobs to people from out of state.

Hollister is now confirmed for the Promenade.

If the Hollister that is going in the promanade will be anything like the one's here in Springfield then you might consider night vision goggles. While the store is nice it is hard to see because of the low lighting, and I mean "LOW Lighting".

If the Hollister that is going in the promanade will be anything like the one's here in Springfield then you might consider night vision goggles. While the store is nice it is hard to see because of the low lighting, and I mean "LOW Lighting".

Yeah, all Hollister's look the same. The one here in Little Rock and the one in Jonesboro are identical to the ones I've seen in Springfield and Memphis.

Another Store: Coldwater Creek is confirmed as well for the Promenade.

That makes the list:

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

White House/ Black Market

LIDS Hat Store

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Journey's

That makes the list:

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

LIDS Hat Store

Journey's

I was going to ask what kind of place it was but I guess I shouldn't be so lazy and just do a search on it myself. :D Women's apparel apparently.

I was going to ask what kind of place it was but I guess I shouldn't be so lazy and just do a search on it myself. :D Women's apparel apparently.

Yup. We girls know all about it. They have gorgeous stuff. Very classic, tailored, nothing trendy. They started out as a catalog company (I think), and now stores are popping up. The only one I've been to was in Jackson Hole, and they had great stuff. I'm excited about it.

I saw a lot of talk about wal-mart vendors. Wal-Mart has about 200 vendors already in the area. They have over 20,000 vendors. So, who knows how many the area will eventually see. They are steadily moving in.

Wal-Mart actually has over 1,200 vendors in the area. The reason you won't find the facts for this is because Bentonville doesn't require new businesses to register with the city. So how do I know? I don't and neither do you so I can say 1,200. Of course this list of vendors may include some guy from Twin Falls, Idaho who sells glow-in-the-dark toothpicks to Wal-Mart and he opened up shop here to sell more useless junk to the world's biggest retailer.

As for vendors, Wal-Mart actually has around 43,000 depending on which article you read. So, there is a possibility for Bentonville and the rest of NWA to grow much faster in population especially when RFID technology gets into full swing. RFID means many vendors will need to figure out a way of cutting costs more to pay for RFID tagging. That means sending a couple big kissers to Bentonville to improve relations with Wal-Mart.

That makes the list:

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

LIDS Hat Store

Journey's

Any idea how many lease spaces the Promenade is going to have? I think Pleasant Crossing will have around 120. Which is as many as NWA Mall. Is the Promenade going to be much smaller or about the same?

Any idea how many lease spaces the Promenade is going to have? I think Pleasant Crossing will have around 120. Which is as many as NWA Mall. Is the Promenade going to be much smaller or about the same?

Other confirmed Promenade tenants are:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

Starbucks Coffee

I believe, besides all the retailers, restaurants and entertainment, the Pinnacle Promenade is also going to have condos on the entire second floor. This must be why the developer equates building Pinnacle Promenade to building an entire city from scratch. Of course he's also referring to the entire Pinnacle Hills development.

Archived