Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Other confirmed Promenade tenants are:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

Starbucks Coffee

Thankyou cswoot, I had forgot about those.

Are you sure Starbucks is coming to the Promenade? The last time I checked, Starbucks was building a location in the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, which is about half a mile away, and another Starbucks is being built in the Tuscany Square Shopping Center off Pleasant Grove Rd in Rogers.

If I'd have to say MasonsDad, I would say the Promenade will have around 130 retailers all together.

Here's the more update list.

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

White House/ Black Market

LIDS Hat Store

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Journey's

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe, besides all the retailers, restaurants and entertainment, the Pinnacle Promenade is also going to have condos on the entire second floor. This must be why the developer equates building Pinnacle Promenade to building an entire city from scratch. Of course he's also referring to the entire Pinnacle Hills development.

Wait a minute... did I miss something? Condos on the entire second floor? I'm looking at the webcam there... it's a little hard to tell but it does look like much of it may include a second level. But I don't remember hearing about that before. If so, I wonder how common that is to these new lifestyle centers, such as the Promenade.

Wait a minute... did I miss something? Condos on the entire second floor? I'm looking at the webcam there... it's a little hard to tell but it does look like much of it may include a second level. But I don't remember hearing about that before. If so, I wonder how common that is to these new lifestyle centers, such as the Promenade.

I admit I don't recall hearing about this either. I'm not sure how much space is generally devoted in lifestyle centers to condos but I've gotten the impression it's not too uncommon to have at least some.

Did I say condos? oops. Let me correct my statement by saying the entire second floor will be office space... 80,000 square-feet of office space. Sorry! At least I got the second floor right. :D

Here's what the developers, Bill Schwyhart and John George, say about Pinnacle Promenade:

"Pinnacle Hills consists generally of the area on both sides of Interstate 540 in south Rogers between New Hope Road and the new Perry Road exit to be completed in 2007.

"In the 700 acres - 1 square mile - that encompasses the Pinnacle Hills area, there is more than $100 million invested in land alone," George said. He estimated the combined construction budgets of 18 construction sites at a little more than $1 billion.

He described the Pinnacle Hills area as "constructing a city from scratch" that currently employs 3,500 people - 800 in construction - but will number 10,000 by 2008.

Schwyhart said construction of the Pinnacle Hills Promenade, a 1 million-square-foot retail center east of I-540, is on schedule for the planned opening on Oct. 4.

"That will be the biggest day in Northwest Arkansas history. When it opens, it will be one of the top 10 outdoor shopping venues in America," Schwyhart said.

Pinnacle Hills Promenade retail center also will feature 80,000 square feet of office space on the second floor. The retail center will be anchored by a Dillard's department store, a J.C. Penney department store and a 12-screen Malco Cinema movie theater."

Source: NWA News

The Buckle has just been introduced as another tenant for the Promenade, whoooooo!!!

Complete List:

The Buckle

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

White House/ Black Market

LIDS Hat Store

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Journey's

Now I know how I got confused about the condos being at Pinnacle Promenade... there will be 180 condos on top of the $300 million Centre Pointe development which will feature 350,000 square feet of retail, including a hotel, several restaurants and 70,000 square feet of office space along with 180 condominiums. It'll be directly across from Pleasant Crossing.

Here's what the developers, Bill Schwyhart and John George, say about Pinnacle Promenade:

"That will be the biggest day in Northwest Arkansas history. When it opens, it will be one of the top 10 outdoor shopping venues in America," Schwyhart said.

Source: NWA News

Jeez, what drama.

1) Its a MALL! If the opening of a MALL is the biggest day in NWA history.......nevermind.

2) How does one quantify the "top 10 outdoor shopping venues in America"? Shouldn't that followed by, "in my opinion"?

Good lord, could he overstate this any more?

Perhaps Mr. Schwyhart is the one who needs to get out of Benton County more. :rolleyes:

Jeez, what drama.

1) Its a MALL! If the opening of a MALL is the biggest day in NWA history.......nevermind.

2) How does one quantify the "top 10 outdoor shopping venues in America"? Shouldn't that followed by, "in my opinion"?

Perhaps Mr. Schwyhart is the one who needs to get out of Benton County more. :rolleyes:

I don't know... like I said before Pinnacle Promenade and Pleasant Crossing are developments that have never been seen before in NWA. Ypu agreed they're actually common in Dallas, so I can understand your surprise at all of NWA's excitement over these developments.

I don't know... like I said before Pinnacle Promenade and Pleasant Crossing are developments that have never been seen before in NWA. Ypu agreed they're actually common in Dallas, so I can understand your surprise at all of NWA's excitement over these developments.

I know they are a big deal for retail in NWA.

My comment is about the developer over-hyping his own product.

Basically, he's lying.

But thats a close relative to "selling".

Jeez, what drama.

This wouldn't crack the "top 10 outdoor shopping venues" in several metros, including DFW and Atlanta in this region let alone Miami, Chicago, LA, San Fran, etc.

The biggest day in NWA history is the day the UA opened, make no mistake about it. Number 2 is the day Sam Walton was born.

I know they are a big deal for retail in NWA.

My comment is about the developer over-hyping his own product.

Basically, he's lying.

But thats a close relative to "selling".

But Pinnacle Promenade is much more than just retail. This will be NWA's premiere shopping, dining and entertainment destination. I don't think it's all hype... saying it's a top 10 or even top 100 outdoor mall in America is hype, but this really is the best "shopping, dining and entertainment" thing to happen to NWA in it's history. Pinnacle Promenade is 60% leased so it's important that it gets sold and if that requires some lying then so be it. You don't think NWA Mall does it's share of lying to get retailers? Please.

This wouldn't crack the "top 10 outdoor shopping venues" in several metros, including DFW and Atlanta in this region let alone Miami, Chicago, LA, San Fran, etc.

The biggest day in NWA history is the day the UA opened, make no mistake about it. Number 2 is the day Sam Walton was born.

I agree. Just do a Google for "outdoor mall" and you'll find almost every city in America has a "top 10 outdoor shopping venue in America". :D

Like I told DickSonstreetDFW this will be the biggest day in NWA as far as "shopping, dining and entertainment" is concerned, but it's also understandable that the developers are pretty excited about this development as it is the biggest of it's kind in NWA history.

A co-worker just told me the manager of Home Depot across from Pinnacle Promenade told her that a SuperTarget is going to built next door. If anyone can please help verify this information... my Googling isn't finding anything. If this is true then this is HUGE news for Pinnacle Hills as it'll be the first SuperTarget in Arkansas.

Actually, my Googling found this from the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

"Target has 37 SuperTarget stores in 12 states, and plans to open 30 more SuperTargets this year. The company expects to open 200 SuperTarget stores by 2010, although some believe the figure could be as high as 400."

It would make sense that Target is "targeting" NWA for a SuperTarget and where else than Pinnacle Hills.

A co-worker just told me the manager of Home Depot across from Pinnacle Promenade told her that a SuperTarget is going to built next door. If anyone can please help verify this information... my Googling isn't finding anything. If this is true then this is HUGE news for Pinnacle Hills as it'll be the first SuperTarget in Arkansas.

"Target has 37 SuperTarget stores in 12 states, and plans to open 30 more SuperTargets this year. The company expects to open 200 SuperTarget stores by 2010, although some believe the figure could be as high as 400."

It would make sense that Target is "targeting" NWA for a SuperTarget and where else than Pinnacle Hills.

That would be very interesting. I thought one might come here eventually but not anytime this quickly. Tulsa has at least one, maybe more by now. One of the last trips I was in Tulsa was right after they had opened the SuperTarget. That's been quite a while back. I guess I used to go because we didn't have a lot of selection for shopping but now we do. There's still stuff in Tulsa that we don't have but I still don't seem to go to Tulsa anymore.

I would find a SuperTarget coing to that area very hard to find. RemusCal already told us that in Plesant Crossing's Sister Project West of I-540 is supposed to have a normal Target in it. I wonder how a Supertarget would even do in that area, considering most of the homes in that area tend to Wal-Mart workers and vendors. :D I think one would be better in Washington Country, yet they already have a target, and I think the best place in the state would be to put one in Pulaski County, especially near McCain Blvd, where the existing Target could become a SuperTarget.

That is an interesting rumor though MasonsDad, I really do wonder how one would hold up in Wal-Mart land.

Personally I don't see a super target coming because of distribution reasons. With the closest super target being in Tulsa, I would say they don't have a grocery wharehouse close by. On general merchandise it doesn't matter as much how far your DC's are, but with food its a bigger deal, and I don't see them building one anytime soon in NWA.

I would find a SuperTarget coing to that area very hard to find. RemusCal already told us that in Plesant Crossing's Sister Project West of I-540 is supposed to have a normal Target in it. I wonder how a Supertarget would even do in that area, considering most of the homes in that area tend to Wal-Mart workers and vendors. :D I think one would be better in Washington Country, yet they already have a target, and I think the best place in the state would be to put one in Pulaski County, especially near McCain Blvd, where the existing Target could become a SuperTarget.

That is an interesting rumor though MasonsDad, I really do wonder how one would hold up in Wal-Mart land.

I don't think a SuperTarget would have to worry about being in Wal-Mart Land. Most people I know here love to shop Target and since they'll be able to get their groceries there too they'll do very well. Besides, just because the hubby is a Wal-Mart vendor doesn't mean the wife has to shop at Wal-Mart when she's used to the more upscale Targets back home. And Wal-Mart always likes a little competition. :D

Yes, matt, you are right. A friend of mine told me that Target or SuperTarget was suppose to go in the Pleasant Crossing Sister project west of I-540. I haven't heard any news on it since then. But it may have since moved to the Home Depot site. Who knows. I will try to find out more info soon. I think a SuperTarget would do very well here. I know a lot of people who shop at Target around here and not just Walmart. A grocery section on a target would do outstanding. Plus, a SuperTarget would be great to have in the market b/c it only gives Walmart a better chance of studying it for its own stores.

I do know for a fact that Pinnacle is still leasing the Pinnacle Springs area, which includes the Home Depot. I also happen to know that they are expecting another large tenant with a retail occupancy space of atleast 100,000 sq. ft. I have concluded that a Target there would be a good location for several reasons.

1) This target would be situated near I-540, which would make great visibility.

2) New Hope Rd. is pretty well centered in Benton County, making another ideal spot for a store.

3) The target would be situated near the Promenade Mall, The Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, and a Best Buy.

I don't see Target trying to increase its presence in NWA that much simply because of Wal-Mart's presence. I don't think they're that ballsy and there are so many friendlier markets that need SuperTargets in any case.

I do think NWA is ripe for a Kroger, HEB, or another grocer to come in. Harp's is pretty mediocre and the market has really outgrown Harp's and Wal-Mart and could use a bigger variety.

I do know for a fact that Pinnacle is still leasing the Pinnacle Springs area, which includes the Home Depot. I also happen to know that they are expecting another large tenant with a retail occupancy space of atleast 100,000 sq. ft. I have concluded that a Target there would be a good location for several reasons.

1) This target would be situated near I-540, which would make great visibility.

2) New Hope Rd. is pretty well centered in Benton County, making another ideal spot for a store.

3) The target would be situated near the Promenade Mall, The Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, and a Best Buy.

You forgot that if this is going to be a SuperTarget there are no grocery stores anywhere near the Pinnacle Hills area.

I don't see Target trying to increase its presence in NWA that much simply because of Wal-Mart's presence. I don't think they're that ballsy and there are so many friendlier markets that need SuperTargets in any case.

I do think NWA is ripe for a Kroger, HEB, or another grocer to come in. Harp's is pretty mediocre and the market has really outgrown Harp's and Wal-Mart and could use a bigger variety.

Having 2 Targets in NWA isn't increasing Targets presence in NWA that much. If they weren't going to build Targets in NWA they wouldn't have opened the Fayetteville Target. They built it knowing Wal-Mart was there and it didn't stop them. Same situation in the Pinnacle Hills area. Wal-Mart doesn't have a strong presence there and it's been said quite a few times before that most people up here like shopping at Target.

Harp's is mediocre compared to what? How many Harps' stores have you shopped in NWA in the last several years? Kroger won't go anywhere near a Wal-Mart since Wal-Mart is Krogers biggest threat. I doubt there will ever be another grocer in NWA... other than a specialty grocer like Ozark Natural Foods or whatever.

Archived