Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

I don't see Target trying to increase its presence in NWA that much simply because of Wal-Mart's presence. I don't think they're that ballsy and there are so many friendlier markets that need SuperTargets in any case.

I do think NWA is ripe for a Kroger, HEB, or another grocer to come in. Harp's is pretty mediocre and the market has really outgrown Harp's and Wal-Mart and could use a bigger variety.

Yeah I have really been surprised no other grocery chain has moved in. You'd think with all the growth that someone would have noticed and at least tried the area out. It almost seems like most of the grocery chains are afraid to go into Wal-mart's backyard. Target doesn't seem too concerned, but it seems like I never hear any rumors of another grocery store coming in. Albertson's considered coming in around 5 or so years ago. But they never did and then they scaled back in this region and closed a number of stores in Oklahoma.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I have really been surprised no other grocery chain has moved in. You'd think with all the growth that someone would have noticed and at least tried the area out. It almost seems like most of the grocery chains are afraid to go into Wal-mart's backyard. Target doesn't seem too concerned, but it seems like I never hear any rumors of another grocery store coming in. Albertson's considered coming in around 5 or so years ago. But they never did and then they scaled back in this region and closed a number of stores in Oklahoma.

Yeah, and now Albertson's was sold and is being disassembled. I don't think we'll see new stores.

At some point NWA will have to be considered for a Whole Foods or Wild Oats, if they aren't already.

Harp's is mediocre compared to what? How many Harps' stores have you shopped in NWA in the last several years? Kroger won't go anywhere near a Wal-Mart since Wal-Mart is Krogers biggest threat. I doubt there will ever be another grocer in NWA... other than a specialty grocer like Ozark Natural Foods or whatever.

Yes, I've been to Harp's many, many times. It is similar in many ways to Harvest Foods in Central Arkansas. Harp's and Wal-Mart both lack the variety the larger, more upscale Krogers and Albertsons give you. Again, this is merely a result of the fact NWA is booming when the grocery industry is hurting. Two decades ago grocery chains would be clamoring to get into the market.

As someone else said, the other issue is that you have to have a nearby distribution center to make it work. Essentially, NWA is tied to whatever chains are already present in Tulsa because of distribution purposes.

I will say Harp's varies quite a bit from store to store. You can certainly find some that aren't much. But some of them are actually pretty decent. In particular some of the newer ones they've built in the past few years are pretty nice. I've been surprised to see some of the selection despite the fact the newer ones they've built are on the small side.

I tried going to Kroger a few times to change up a little from going to wal-mart all of the time. I quickly found the exit, empty handed. The prices are double wal-mart's in most cases, and the variety is the same as a supercenter.

I could see Kroger or a Whole Foods coming to the area.

Whole Foods is a good upscale grocer that could compliment the Pinnacle Area well. That area has been lacking an upscale grocery store since the Market at Pinnacle Point closed last year.

HEB has stores only in TX and a few in Mexico if I'm right. They might also have a few in Lousiana. I do know they are on a rigorous expansion plan, so I guess I could see Arkansas as a perspectible target.

Whole Foods is a good upscale grocer that could compliment the Pinnacle Area well. That area has been lacking an upscale grocery store since the Market at Pinnacle Point closed last year.

HEB has stores only in TX and a few in Mexico if I'm right. They might also have a few in Lousiana. I do know they are on a rigorous expansion plan, so I guess I could see Arkansas as a perspectible target.

Yeah I certainly could see a Whole Foods or Wild Oats up there in the Pinnacle area. I've heard rumors of Wild Oats looking around up there but haven't heard anymore than that. At least down here we have Ozark Natural Foods. Although I imagine one of those places could come down here as well and give Ozarks Natural Foods a run for it's money.

Another I forgot about, Ozark Foods.

I could see Ozark Natural Foods opening a store in Western Rogers or even in Bentonville. I myself would like to see Rogers get another Harps as well, seeing as how ours was converted to a Supermercado.

I haven't heard any rumors of Ozark Natural Foods opening another store, but they seem to do okay. It would seem to make sense. But I somehow get the impression that Whole Foods or Wild Oats will be more likely to open up in Benton County.

I was out and about the other day and snapped a pic of the Pinnacle Promenade. This pic is from New Hope Road. I'll try to get some close-up pics from within the development itself. The access road had traffic on it but is still technically closed, so I'm not sure bystanders with cameras are actually allowed onsite.

125589569_4a9d5dacf6_o.jpg

HEB is a rare grocery store chain that is doing very well and expanding and I kind of figure Arkansas and Oklahoma are next. Publix is another big grocery chain that is doing well but they have little in this area.

HEB is a rare grocery store chain that is doing very well and expanding and I kind of figure Arkansas and Oklahoma are next. Publix is another big grocery chain that is doing well but they have little in this area.

I noticed Publix has a dozen stores in Tennessee but it doesn't state where in the state they are. Not sure if they've even made it over to Memphis. I couldn't find any listings on where HEB is. How close to the Oklahoma or Arkansas border do they go?

I noticed Publix has a dozen stores in Tennessee but it doesn't state where in the state they are. Not sure if they've even made it over to Memphis. I couldn't find any listings on where HEB is. How close to the Oklahoma or Arkansas border do they go?

HEB has stores near the La Tex area with stores as well near Dallas and the Metro area.

HEB has stores near the La Tex area with stores as well near Dallas and the Metro area.

HEB has made it throughout most of Texas but is not yet in DFW save its super-upscale Central Market stores, of which there are 5 in DFW and only 10 total in Texas. It is fully expected that Albertson's collapse and struggles at local chain Tom Thumb will leave an opening for HEB to enter the market with its regular stores here soon.

HEB has made it throughout most of Texas but is not yet in DFW save its super-upscale Central Market stores, of which there are 5 in DFW and only 10 total in Texas. It is fully expected that Albertson's collapse and struggles at local chain Tom Thumb will leave an opening for HEB to enter the market with its regular stores here soon.

I thought they had some kind of store in DFW, at least that's what their website said.

The Promenade is more than likely not announcing tenants because of the Pleasant Crossing development. If Pleasant Crossing found out that a high end company was coming to the Promenade, I think they would certainly try and lure them to their property. Most contracts aren't set in stone, unless it's something big like an anchor. Usually, the parent company like General Growth Properties for the Pinnacle Promenade will allow the remainder of the tenants to be announced a few weeks before the mall opening, to ensure that tenants will safely remain, yet still be exposed in the media for the public.

The Promenade is more than likely not announcing tenants because of the Pleasant Crossing development. If Pleasant Crossing found out that a high end company was coming to the Promenade, I think they would certainly try and lure them to their property. Most contracts aren't set in stone, unless it's something big like an anchor. Usually, the parent company like General Growth Properties for the Pinnacle Promenade will allow the remainder of the tenants to be announced a few weeks before the mall opening, to ensure that tenants will safely remain, yet still be exposed in the media for the public.

If that's the case then either the remaining 42% of leased tenants are all high-end, which means this shopping center will not do very well as a regional shopping destination. A regional shopping destination has to have a wide variety of stores and to date I have never heard of a Hallmark store being high-end. I think Build-A-Bear is actually more high-end than Hallmark. Besides, the tenants that have been announced do not have a presence in NWA, so why would they announce them, but not any of the others? Are they not afraid that Pleasant Crossing would try to steal them from Pinnacle Promenade? Or have those retailers signed a contract to not go elsewhere? I think the reason they haven't announced any other tenants is a combination of the examples I presented and the one the developers are telling people.

Any comment about the developers plan to group the different categories of stores together?

Another thing to consider is that the stores that have been announced already would have been known to the "public" if they know where to search. The developers or GGP have no choice but to announce new stores as soon as they get their plumbing done.

If that's the case then either the remaining 42% of leased tenants are all high-end, which means this shopping center will not do very well as a regional shopping destination. A regional shopping destination has to have a wide variety of stores and to date I have never heard of a Hallmark store being high-end. I think Build-A-Bear is actually more high-end than Hallmark. Besides, the tenants that have been announced do not have a presence in NWA, so why would they announce them, but not any of the others? Are they not afraid that Pleasant Crossing would try to steal them from Pinnacle Promenade? Or have those retailers signed a contract to not go elsewhere? I think the reason they haven't announced any other tenants is a combination of the examples I presented and the one the developers are telling people.

Any comment about the developers plan to group the different categories of stores together?

The Pinnacle Developers have said that the Promenade will be a regional shopping destination, but it's is more focused on Benton County than anywhere else.

You're exactly right on why they wouldn't announce all their tenants yet. Most contracts are not set in stone, and if Pleasant Crossing gives a tenant a better deal than the Promenade, the Promenade looses out on all future sales.

It is a great Mall, and I like how you express your opinion about it. :D Some of my favorite malls are about twice the size of the Promenade, like Sawgrass Mills in Florida, Opry Mills in Nashville, and a few others.

The Pinnacle Developers have said that the Promenade will be a regional shopping destination, but it's is more focused on Benton County than anywhere else.

You're exactly right on why they wouldn't announce all their tenants yet. Most contracts are not set in stone, and if Pleasant Crossing gives a tenant a better deal than the Promenade, the Promenade looses out on all future sales.

It is a great Mall, and I like how you express your opinion about it. :D Some of my favorite malls are about twice the size of the Promenade, like Sawgrass Mills in Florida, Opry Mills in Nashville, and a few others.

The Pinnacle Promenade isn't the biggest shopping center by any measure, but it is the biggest lifestyle center currently in development and the biggest regional shopping center in the Arkansas, Northeast Oklahoma and Southwest Missouri region. I mistakenly called it a 1.2 mil sq-ft center but it's actually a little over 980,000 square-feet, which is still over 160,000 square-feet larger than NWA Mall and almost all of the other lifestyle centers out there.

I can guarantee you won't find anything like Sawgrass Mills in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, Kansas or about a dozen other states. The Pinnacle Promenade is the "Sawgrass Mills" of Arkansas.

Archived