Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the renderings the Pinnacle Promenade looks much nicer than Sawgrass Mills. And if I lived in NWA I would prefer the Promenade design over Sawgrass, which is a jumbled sprawling mess by the way.

My main concern with Sawgrass Mills is that by the time you walk the half mile from the parking lot you'll already be to tired to walk the 5 miles of store fronts and that's not including the miles of walking you would do in the dozen anchor stores. You'd have to plan to end your trip at the movie theatre just so you can rest your feet for a couple hours. :D

I can guarantee you won't find anything like Sawgrass Mills in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, Kansas or about a dozen other states. The Pinnacle Promenade is the "Sawgrass Mills" of Arkansas.

Sawgrass Mills? Have you been there?

1) It's not attractive.

2) It's a very large INDOOR mall.

3) It's solely an OUTLET mall.

Grapevine Mills near Dallas is similar but somehow even uglier and less upscale.

This development is the OPPOSITE of Sawgrass and I don't mean that in a bad way. It's more upscale and more attractive but smaller and with more typical tenants.

You are right, my wife was so tired of walking when we finished a day at Sawgrass we couldn't go out that night. Did you see Wannado City? That's the coolest idea I'd heard in a long time, I bet it becomes a chain.

Great plans! Are they not going to leave some room for expansion? I was just curious at one point they said they wanted to leave some room for expansion, possibly more restaurants or an additional dept store. I don't see a whole lot of room for expansion, but I guess it is possible.

So basically it's the NWA Mall, but outdoors?

No Pinnacle Promenade is actually bigger, much nicer and more upscale than NWA Mall. And yes, Lifestyle Centers tend to be outdoors since they are designed to be town centers rather than shopping malls. Pinnacle Promenade will also benefit from Benton County's wealthier customer base. But don't worry NWA Mall should still have enough customers to keep most of their stores open.

Great plans! Are they not going to leave some room for expansion? I was just curious at one point they said they wanted to leave some room for expansion, possibly more restaurants or an additional dept store. I don't see a whole lot of room for expansion, but I guess it is possible.

You are correct. Pinnacle Group owns enough land in the Pinnacle Hills area to build well into the future. The Pinnacle Group spent over $100 Million on just land alone, not including the $100 Million for the Pinnacle Promenade. The following map from Pinnacle Groups website indicates all land owned by them (green) and what the uses for those lands are:

130797399_a64fc78ac3_o.jpg

You are correct. Pinnacle Group owns enough land in the Pinnacle Hills area to build well into the future. The Pinnacle Group spent over $100 Million on just land alone, not including the $100 Million for the Pinnacle Promenade. The following map from Pinnacle Groups website indicates all land owned by them (green) and what the uses for those lands are:

130797399_a64fc78ac3_o.jpg

Nice map, thanks for sharing with us. :D

This may have already been discussed, have they started work on the new Perry Rd interchange? And isnt it suppposed to be 8 or 9 lanes wide?

Work has not yet started on the Perry Rd Interchange, but a Construction contract has been awarded to a construction company that was fairly cheap, and construction should start soon.

Yes, that portion of Perry Rd will be 9 lanes wide making it the widest rd in Arkansas. Also, I've heard that the intersection of Perry Rd at 9 lanes, plus double turn lanes on both sides with Hospital Blvd, which is suppose to be 5 lanes and have double turn lanes on both sides will be the largest intersection in Arkansas, and one of the biggest in the midsouth.

Yes, I have for four years now.

But not for much longer.

In NWA, I will be partnering with a developer on commercial and residential developments. My national retail real estate background will come in pretty handy.

residential developments - there are plenty of them going up now!! I wish they would consider including more sidewalks in these developments. I swear it seems that the entire state of Arkansas has something against sidewalks!!

Yeah I certainly could see a Whole Foods or Wild Oats up there in the Pinnacle area. I've heard rumors of Wild Oats looking around up there but haven't heard anymore than that. At least down here we have Ozark Natural Foods. Although I imagine one of those places could come down here as well and give Ozarks Natural Foods a run for it's money.

Any word on gourmet food stores coming to the area? I heard too late about the market that closed almost a year ago. Sounded really nice. Too bad.

residential developments - there are plenty of them going up now!! I wish they would consider including more sidewalks in these developments. I swear it seems that the entire state of Arkansas has something against sidewalks!!

Welcome to the forum Misskatydid. Glad you decided to join us here. :D I di know where you're coming from about sidewalks although this seems to be a problem in many areas outside Arkansas as well.

Any word on gourmet food stores coming to the area? I heard too late about the market that closed almost a year ago. Sounded really nice. Too bad.

No I can't say I've heard any news of another gourmet food store opening. I had hoped maybe there could be a chance the Market at Pinnacle Hills might be able to reopen somewhere. This isn't the type of info you probably were wanting to hear but I do know Harp's is looking to open another store in Rogers in the near future. It would be the same format store that they've used with a couple of new stores they've opened recently in both Fayetteville and Springdale. They aren't big stores but they do seem to focus a little more on some gourmet items compared to other Harp's stores.

Welcome to the forum Misskatydid. Glad you decided to join us here. :D I di know where you're coming from about sidewalks although this seems to be a problem in many areas outside Arkansas as well.

Welcome Misskatydid to UP!!!

Glad to have you onboard with us.

Please feel free to post your opinions, facts, or concerns on any topic!!

Mith:

How come you never told us about Harps opening another store in Rogers?

Actually, they own much more land than that map shows, I'm almost certain. They own that land north of the Promenade, land between the Promenade and the hospital, and I think more land SW of the future Perry Rd interchange.

And just to clarify, the "interchange" will *not* be 9 lanes wide. The 500 ft section between the I-540 interchange and Hospital/Perry will be effectively 9 lanes wide. They aren't all through lanes, mostly storage/auxillary lanes for the traffic signals. Also, not all the turning lanes will technically be open at first (but the pavement will be there) near the interchange until I-540 improvements are made (i.e., widened to 6-8 lanes) due to operational constraints.

The lowest bid for the interchange came in about 20-25% lower than expected, which was a surprise. I haven't heard the story on that one yet, but we'll see if it actually gets built that "cheaply". Highway projects sometimes have a tendancy to come out higher than predicted, and take longer too, and this low bid just seems odd.

It might be the biggest intersection in the State by number of lanes, but the footprint is still smaller than College/Joyce and I think University/Asher (in LR). But it'll still be very impressive, and better than something "after the fact" or something not thought out, which seems to happen frequently.

The traffic situation at that interchange will be interesting to see when it gets built, since it wasn't without controversy within certain agencies. It's obviously an auto-oriented development; I'm personally worried about the transportation/traffic consequences even with the new roads. If traffic gets hectic around there, I bet the powers-that-be may basically say SOL, since this was really Rogers' baby and they made a fuss out of it. You'll see what I mean... in 10-20 years.

This may have already been discussed, have they started work on the new Perry Rd interchange? And isnt it suppposed to be 8 or 9 lanes wide?

They are looking at starting construction in June of 2006 and they hope to have the project done by October of 2007, however, it most likely won't be done till January of 2008.

Archived