Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what kind of stores does anyone expect to go in the Pinnacle Promenade. I could see stores such as Jos. A Banks, Borders, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Build a Bear Workshop, and Ann Taylor.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Honestly it's hard for me to say. I have heard of most of those but to be honest I don't know much about any of them. Guess I don't spend enough in bigger cities.

There is definitely enough money in NWA to support those types of stores. I have heard rumors of Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus coming, but only rumors. I am kind of surprised JC Penney and Dillards are going in at Pinnacle since we already have those in Fayetteville. I do like the idea of Parisian coming in. It is at least a change from the same ole stores in the rest of the state. If they truly want to make this area a retail destination, they need stores like they have in Dallas. And trust me, I think this area can support it. I know many people who only shop out of state b/c they don't have the goods they want here.

I think word is getting out about northwest Arkansas. For a long time we got ignored by many. That and I don't think some companies always looked at the right info about northwest Arkansas. If you don't look at the metro and just look at the city populations it doesn't attract much attention. They built an Olive Garden in Ft Smith 3 or 4 years before they finally got around to building one in northwest Arkansas. No offence to Ft Smith but I really believe there was much more demand for one up here than down there and the one up here is much nicer than the one in Ft Smith. I also think some companies have tended to avoid Arkansas. Starbuck's being one of them.

I think word is getting out about northwest Arkansas. For a long time we got ignored by many. That and I don't think some companies always looked at the right info about northwest Arkansas. If you don't look at the metro and just look at the city populations it doesn't attract much attention. They built an Olive Garden in Ft Smith 3 or 4 years before they finally got around to building one in northwest Arkansas. No offence to Ft Smith but I really believe there was much more demand for one up here than down there and the one up here is much nicer than the one in Ft Smith. I also think some companies have tended to avoid Arkansas. Starbuck's being one of them.

It was my understanding that, at least in the first year it opened (2003?) the Fayetteville Olive Garden was the top performing restaurant in the entire chain. I believe it's also still the top performing restaurant in receipts in NWA, or second, depending upon where the Wal-Mart cafeteria comes in.

"waah wahh I'm always a victim.....let me wallow in my victimhood"

Just kidding :-)

It was my understanding that, at least in the first year it opened (2003?) the Fayetteville Olive Garden was the top performing restaurant in the entire chain. I believe it's also still the top performing restaurant in receipts in NWA, or second, depending upon where the Wal-Mart cafeteria comes in.

Actually the top performing restaurant in reciets in Northwest Arkansas is Copeland's New Orleanes Restaurant in Rogers as well as the top performing restaurant in receipts in the State.

"waah wahh I'm always a victim.....let me wallow in my victimhood"

Just kidding :-)

Gee Johnny, after spending so much time in a special school I was hoping for a more educated response than that. :P

Actually the top performing restaurant in reciets in Northwest Arkansas is Copeland's New Orleanes Restaurant in Rogers as well as the top performing restaurant in receipts in the State.

Yes, Olive Garden is the top performing restaurant in Fayetteville but Copeland's in Rogers is top in the state. I'm not sure how Olive Garden here in Fayetteville compares with the Red Lobster in North Little Rock, the former top performing restaurant in the state for years.

From what I have been told by my source, the Pinnacle Hills Promenade is supposed to resemble the recently created Jordan Creek Town Center in West Des Moines, Iowa.

Appartenly this is the flagship shopping center of Iowa.

http://jordancreektowncenter.com/html/

I think this will be a very nice project for Rogers. In some of the pictures or sketches I haven't seen a whole lot of benches but one of the pictures of Jordan Creek Town Center seem to show quite a few. I think a somewhat park like setting in the center will be a nice feature. I imagine there will also be some nice stores featured there also. Maybe I've overlooked it but does anyone have any timetable for this project?

I think this will be a very nice project for Rogers. In some of the pictures or sketches I haven't seen a whole lot of benches but one of the pictures of Jordan Creek Town Center seem to show quite a few. I think a somewhat park like setting in the center will be a nice feature. I imagine there will also be some nice stores featured there also. Maybe I've overlooked it but does anyone have any timetable for this project?

They have started construction on it, it's supposed to open in the Fall of 2006.

first i want to say that its great on whats going on out there. ive read alot from you guys and im actually interested in visiting arkansas. second. i have the same feeling of my city being ignored. it always seemed that everything skipped over this city. finally things are turning around. i have heard that okc is the fastest growing area for starbucks; it seems they are throwing one up left and right. also macys, marshalls, fuddruckers, jack in the box, elephant bar, maybe cheesecake factory are rentering or expanding into the okc market. i say this whole region is one of the new hot spots in the country.

Well for anyone who's going through Rogers, take a look near Perry Road and you will see that at the Pinnacle Promenade, steel framework has started on the Dillards and the Malco Theatre.

That is great they are starting on the mall, but can we not have anything besides Dillards in Arkansas. I mean come on...There are so many better dept stores than Dillards. I wish I had connections with Dept. Stores outside of the state and I would write them to tell them they need to come. I mean what about Macys, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor...why can we not get any of those? This area could definitely support them and I think people would want to stay here after moving here. A lot of people complain that this area doesn't have what they had back home in Chicago, NY, Dallas, or Atlanta. They need these amenities and we need to provide them.

That is great they are starting on the mall, but can we not have anything besides Dillards in Arkansas. I mean come on...There are so many better dept stores than Dillards. I wish I had connections with Dept. Stores outside of the state and I would write them to tell them they need to come. I mean what about Macys, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor...why can we not get any of those? This area could definitely support them and I think people would want to stay here after moving here. A lot of people complain that this area doesn't have what they had back home in Chicago, NY, Dallas, or Atlanta. They need these amenities and we need to provide them.

I do happen to know that Pinnacle has set aside some additional land for the Promenade that could be used for say a department store (other than Dillards or JC Penny). I agree and wish that a Bloomingdales or something like that was here in the area. I just hope that Dillards doesn't put a monopoly in here.

It looks like the Rogers Building Inspection department has issued building permits for the Promenade at 29 Million dollars. This amount does not include all of the Promenade since building permits for the Dillards, JC Penny, 12 screen Malco Movie Theatre, and 6 National Restaurants have already been approved. Next to the Mercy Health Hospital, it's the largest amount of building permits issued for one project in the history of Rogers. I guess things really are moving a lot more there than I thought.

That is great about Parisian. At least it is something different from Dillards. But I do disagree with you Aporkalypse on that NWA or Little Rock could support these types of stores. I definitely think NWA could support a Nordstrom and even Neiman Marcus. That majority of the vendors and walmart people can afford these type of goods. I think even Little Rock could support a Nordstrom. Look at Tulsa. They have a Saks in their area. I truly believe NWA has as much or more money than Tulsa in the metro area. I mean, I don't really care to shop at Neiman Marcus, but it would really help out our reputation as being a nice place just by having stores like those.

There isn't a Nordstrom's in a metro of less than 1 million. In Texas, only the DFW metro, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio have them. In Missouri only St Louis does. Louisiana, Tennessee, and Memphis don't ahve one. There's a list of cities where new ones are opening in 2005, 2006. 2007, and 2008 and the cities on the list all have metros greater than a million. I'm not saying it wouldn't work in AR but I think we're SOL.

Little Rock and NWA are getting a Parisian which is a smaller modified Saks.

As for Nordstrom's, Saks, Lord and Taylot, and the like NWA or Little Rock simply won't support that sort of store. Neither area really has the type of shopping center you see these stores in as well. Park Plaza is upscale but just too small.

Have you taken a look at the Pinnacle Promenade being built. I would definately say that a Nordstroms or a lord and Taylor would fit very well into this upscale shopping area. But, I would like to see the population be a little bit higher. I do think it would be a hit since we really only have Dillards up here, but I do agree with you that Nordstrom doesn't go in metro's less than 1 Million, therefore the odds of one coming here are slim.

Have you taken a look at the Pinnacle Promenade being built. I would definately say that a Nordstroms or a lord and Taylor would fit very well into this upscale shopping area. But, I would like to see the population be a little bit higher. I do think it would be a hit since we really only have Dillards up here, but I do agree with you that Nordstrom doesn't go in metro's less than 1 Million, therefore the odds of one coming here are slim.

Compared to the three malls with Nordstrom's in the DFW area, that's a pretty small development. Stonebriar and North Park in Dallas kind of dwarf that. The other places I recognized are the same. Again, though, I think it's the area population that's the problem, though.

Odd that on their list, going through 2008, there's not one planned in KC. The Plaza in KC is exactly the type of development they usually go for.

I went to a Nordstrom's Rack (outlet) at Sawgrass Mills in Ft Lauderdale once. They are very reasonable, definitely worth trying if you find one.

Compared to the three malls with Nordstrom's in the DFW area, that's a pretty small development. Stonebriar and North Park in Dallas kind of dwarf that. The other places I recognized are the same. Again, though, I think it's the area population that's the problem, though.

Odd that on their list, going through 2008, there's not one planned in KC. The Plaza in KC is exactly the type of development they usually go for.

I went to a Nordstrom's Rack (outlet) at Sawgrass Mills in Ft Lauderdale once. They are very reasonable, definitely worth trying if you find one.

I think there's a Nordstrom in Overland Park, near Kansas City. Although, one in the plaza would be awesome.

I think there's a Nordstrom in Overland Park, near Kansas City. Although, one in the plaza would be awesome.

You're right, I should've looked at Kansas as well as OP or Lenexa would be just as likely as KC itself to have something like that.

The Plaza is the ultimate retail development. I've been across the country and never seen a shopping area of its caliber and design.

You're right, I should've looked at Kansas as well as OP or Lenexa would be just as likely as KC itself to have something like that.

The Plaza is the ultimate retail development. I've been across the country and never seen a shopping area of its caliber and design.

It's just about my favorite retail development in that immediate area.

Well speaking from someone who has spend pretty much all of their life in Arkansas, I can't say I know much about these other department stores. I'm pretty much only familiar with Dillard's. Can anyone makes any comparisons with some of these others like Nordstrom's, even if we don't much of a chance of getting some of these places.

I drove Pleasant Grove Road yesterday and noticed that the Tuscany Square Development right across the Wal-Mart Supercenter, was going up pretty big. Looks pretty nice and you can see they have a Starbucks sign out there.

Yet next to the development is an A-Z Storage space area. It really is an eyesore for that whole area that is experiencing phenominal growth. I hope a developer buys that land and puts something in there that is worthy of that land.

Also, construction on Pleasant Crossing has started. All the ground work is wrapping up, and they have a crane over there which means that wall will be going up soon.

I drove Pleasant Grove Road yesterday and noticed that the Tuscany Square Development right across the Wal-Mart Supercenter, was going up pretty big. Looks pretty nice and you can see they have a Starbucks sign out there.

Yet next to the development is an A-Z Storage space area. It really is an eyesore for that whole area that is experiencing phenominal growth. I hope a developer buys that land and puts something in there that is worthy of that land.

Also, construction on Pleasant Crossing has started. All the ground work is wrapping up, and they have a crane over there which means that wall will be going up soon.

It is sorta odd that they would put that there, but unfortunately you still see some odd things put right next to nice developments.

Archived