Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Okay, I took more photos of the Promenade. I had to do it a bit commando style in my car. :ph34r: . The odd thing was that I didn't see any security personnel in the area, so it may be safe to take pictures.

...photos snipped...

Just curious, but why would security personnel stop you from taking pictures? I've never had that happen at a construction site. Flip 'em the bird and keep snapping away, and dare them to take your camera. The worst they could do would be to kick you off private property.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, but why would security personnel stop you from taking pictures? I've never had that happen at a construction site. Flip 'em the bird and keep snapping away, and dare them to take your camera. The worst they could do would be to kick you off private property.

The manager said it was something dealing with trademark issues, or something stupid like that. My second guess is that the also might think of it as a security concern. A robber could come in and take pictures and get surveillance on the area. This is another stupid reason, because a person could simply stand there the whole time and get surveillance as well. The truth is that they can't take your photos or your camera at all. Even if they attempt to, it could be considered attempted theft (Don't quote me on that). The pictures are property of yours, and the most they can do is kick you off the property.

The manager said it was something dealing with trademark issues, or something stupid like that. My second guess is that the also might think of it as a security concern. A robber could come in and take pictures and get surveillance on the area. This is another stupid reason, because a person could simply stand there the whole time and get surveillance as well. The truth is that they can't take your photos or your camera at all. Even if they attempt to, it could be considered attempted theft (Don't quote me on that). The pictures are property of yours, and the most they can do is kick you off the property.

Exactly! The camera belongs to you, they can't just take it. That's why I said flip 'em the bird. Probably a different approach than most would take, but the idea works for me. :lol:

Anyway, I've never heard more lame excuses than those... just more proof that the world is becoming anti-photography, and people will use any excuse they can to try and keep you from taking pictures.

The famous "bean" in Chicago's Millennium Park has been known to be heavily guarded because of a trademark or copyright issue... but a shopping center? Come on now!

I applaud you for getting your photos in whatever way you could. It's a very nice development, and this is a great way for an outsider (like myself) to picture it.

Actually they can take the camera. If it indeed has to do with trademark issues then any use of that trademark, either for personal or public use is against the law. I don't see how its a trademark issue, but if it is they can take the camera. Now, if you decided to not give the camera to them or not delete the pictures then they can hold you against your will for an reasonable amount of time until police arrive under the "shopkeepers privilege" which protects business from thefts, and in the case, you are still the use of their trademark.

I seriously doubt they would take those measures, but it is leagal for them to do that if they want to. Saying that I would love to see more pictures. I think the place is really nice looking and I would really like to see some night pictures if you get a chance to go at night.

Actually they can take the camera. If it indeed has to do with trademark issues then any use of that trademark, either for personal or public use is against the law. I don't see how its a trademark issue, but if it is they can take the camera. Now, if you decided to not give the camera to them or not delete the pictures then they can hold you against your will for an reasonable amount of time until police arrive under the "shopkeepers privilege" which protects business from thefts, and in the case, you are still the use of their trademark.

I seriously doubt they would take those measures, but it is leagal for them to do that if they want to. Saying that I would love to see more pictures. I think the place is really nice looking and I would really like to see some night pictures if you get a chance to go at night.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I was told by the receptionist that it was a trademark issue, but I seriously doubt she knew what she was talking about. As well, the manager on the radio specifically told the security officer not to delete the photos or take the camera. He said only to tell me to stop.

A trademark is a word, name, symbol or other device that identifies the goods or services of a given person or company and distinguishes them from the goods or services of other persons or companies. Trademark law prevents you from using another's trademark (such as the name of a musical group or artist) on your merchandise, because such use will cause consumers to believe that the trademark owner has made, approved of, or endorsed your merchandise. In short, a trademark is someone's name/brand.

Since these photos aren't being used for a personal gain, it really isn't infringing on trademark issues, but I could see how the mall management could see this situation arising.

As well, my sources have told me that any picture taking is legal as long as you aren't:

1. Intrusion upon seclution (trespassing)

2. Revealing private information

3. Placing someone wrongly in the public view

4. Misappropriation of a Person's image or name

Even so, the pictures you take in a mall are the legal property of your, even you are trespassing. The pictures themselves aren't illegal at all, and are the property of yours, as long as you aren't revealing private info, placing someone wrongly in public, etc, etc, etc.

No problem.

The complete list that should open by Thanksgiving follows:

The Body Shop

Borders, Books, and Music

Cingular Wireless

CJ Banks

Coach

Discovery Channel Store

Fish City Grill Restaurant

Gap

J. Jill

Limited Too

Mimi's Cafe

Nine West

Perfumania

ProfessioNail

Sbarro

Sullivan's Steakhouse

I hadn't realized the Discovery Channel Store wasn't open yet.

Just remember they can take your camera at an Indian Reservation. Not sure if you'll ever have to worry about that. But thought I'd throw it out there.

^ DIscovery Channel store... now there's one I'd like to see around here. I'm assuming it's a science-type place?

Discovery Channel Store is awesome! They sell anything from telescopes to robots and everything in between. Most of the gizmos are geared to kids, but it's definitely a fun store to shop. All your favorite Discovery Channel videos can also be found there. In fact it's almost as cool as the World of Science store I used to manage before they went out of business. ;)

Discovery Channel Store is awesome! They sell anything from telescopes to robots and everything in between. Most of the gizmos are geared to kids, but it's definitely a fun store to shop. All your favorite Discovery Channel videos can also be found there. In fact it's almost as cool as the World of Science store I used to manage before they went out of business. ;)

Yeah I've been meaning to pick up those Mythbusters dvds. :lol:

I've managed to find another store coming to the Promenade, after checking the plumbing review website. It's going to be Lifeway Christian Store, which has locations in Tulsa, Springdale, Little Rock, and Springfield.

Here's a list of tenants:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Digital Screen Theatres

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

CJ Banks

Christopher & Banks

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

White House/ Black Market

LIDS Hat Store

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Journey's

GNC Natural Nutrition Center

American Eagle

Victoria's Secret

Bath and Body Works

Lane Bryant

Yankee Candle Co

Gymboree

Borders, Books, and Music

Brighton Collectibles

Hot Topic

Select Comfort

Forever 21

Trade Secret

Fossil

Brighton

Regis Salon

Limited Too

The Icing

Claire's

Aeropostale

Haagen Dazs

Mimi's Cafe

Kay's Jewlers

Banana Republic

New York & Company

Sephora

Cache

Melody's Choices

Stride Rite

The Picture People

Charlotte Russe

Finish Line

Chinese Gourmet Food Express

Sunglass Hut

Pefumania

Payless Shoe Source

Coach

Candy Craze

J.Jill

Subway

Great American Cookie Company

Sullivan Steakhouse

Buckle

Pac Sun

Gordon Jewelers

Zales Jewelers

Bakers

Nine West

DQ-Orange Julius

Trade Home

Hibbett Sports

Starbucks Coffee

Rogers Jewelers

Sbarro

Discovery Channel Store

Bakers

The Shoe Department

Fish City Grill

Merle Norman

Cingular Wireless

PressionNail

The Body Shop

Gap

Tradehome Shoes

Day-by-Day

Brookstone

University of Arkansas Razorback Store

I.O. Metro Furniture Store

Go the Game

Lifeway Christian Store

Outparcels:

Best Buy

Is it because the camera tends to make the picture blurry at night?

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that this topic has over 30,000 views!!

All camera are like that. As it gets darker the camera has to leave the shutter open longer to allow enough light to come through to make the picture show up. Since the shutter stays open longer things get blurry because it's hard to hold a camera perfectly still.

Yeah It's hit 30,000 views but now that it's opened up the hits are slowing down. When it opened it was around 29,000. But it's still way ahead of any of the other topics by far.

Archived