Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch carefully, a traffic NIGHTMARE is being created in NWA. I-540 is the least of your worries. Pinnacle Hills Parkway, the connector streets in that area, and the freeway interchange with 540 are going to be painful in a decade. Just watch. Whoever planned that layout should be shot.

I know who planned the layout. However, more often than not, it is more accurate to say "whoever didn't plan that..." There's no law against poor planning really, and poor results often come from lack of planning. Or, if somebody wanted to take it one step further, ultimately lack of leadership can result in poor planning.

However, the Promenade/Perry Rd interchange will be okay I think. What will be bad is the Pinnacle Hills/Horsebarn/New Hope Rd interchange, even after it's improved. Not necessarily because of the interchange layout itself, but because those roads connect into one immediate area, serve a wide area (serving Rogers, Bentonville, and the sprawl westward), and serve major new and upcoming developments in the vicinity. That lack of proper planning is on the City of Rogers. Their lack of smart planning/leadership for SW Rogers has irked me for a number of years.

I think you're right-- in about 10 years or so, it'll be bad and they'll complain again. And guess who pays for fixing traffic problems? Taxpayers.

Went to the PHP at night for the first time ever tonight.

1. My 13 year old son asked me if there was a name for the tower above Rogers(?) Jewelers, the tower that does the light show.

2. We had fun at the Discovery store, but my son said it seemed like there were a lot of clothing stores there.

3. The crosses were lit tonight. I was impressed how they did the soft green lighting directly underneath the structures rather than diagonal xenon-flourescent type lighting you see on things like giant flagpoles.

Nice touch.

I have got a copy, but I have not tried to do NWA. That is not a bad idea though. I am a SimCity maniac... :D

As am I. I still like SC3K better Than 4 But I'm currently making a model of Tulsa, it takes sooooo long to get everything in order though.

Went to the Promenade today. Just about all of the stores have opened except Nine West, Fish City Grill, Sullivan's Steakhouse and Mimi's Cafe. Borders was open and was impressive. They have a Seattle's Best Coffee shop in it, a first for Arkansas. The outparcels are still under construction.

As well, they had Christmas music playing along with a Christmas tree up by P.F. Changs. Also, Some of the stores were decked out in Christmas stuff.

Went to the Promenade today. Just about all of the stores have opened except Nine West, Fish City Grill, Sullivan's Steakhouse and Mimi's Cafe. Borders was open and was impressive. They have a Seattle's Best Coffee shop in it, a first for Arkansas. The outparcels are still under construction.

As well, they had Christmas music playing along with a Christmas tree up by P.F. Changs. Also, Some of the stores were decked out in Christmas stuff.

Does Little Rock have a Borders? I hadn't thought about the Seattle's Best.

Although it is great that Rogers/Bentonvilles has a 'true' mall now, I think the Promenade really lost an opportunity to distinguish itself as "THE MALL" for the NWA area just so the developers could make a quick buck. More than 90% of the stores are also located in the NWA mall and I think the developers had an opportunity to create a unique (Utica Square) mall that would differentiate itself from NWA Mall. As much as everyone likes to think their town (Fay, Spr, Rog, Bent) as better than the other, the fact is we really are 1 large market. NWA mall already has established retail stores for most of the demographics in this area where as the higher income demographic are still under served. If the Promenade hadn't forced their ridiculously high rent prices on everyone then some of the "higher end" stores might have come to NWA. We then might have had 2 unique malls that serviced the entire region rather than two malls the same, now we have more of the same. And although the outdoor atmosphere of the Promenade is great, those stores won't keep anymore of Arkansas tax dollars from going out of state (OK. MO, or TX) when people wamt to shop at Macys, Pottery Barn, J Crew, Williams Sonoma, etc.

Don't take this the wrong way. its about time Roger/Bentonville got a nice mall, but if we want to think of ourselves as an emerging market then a 20 min drive between 2 malls that support totally different demographics shouldn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived