Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it was upper management at the Border's that indicated it will be by the Malco.

I'm not an insider, although my work does get me to know how to find out a few things. Mostly, my ear is to the ground and I'm nosy. :)

I see. I'm just getting confused. There's plenty of land for a Cheesecake Factory right by the Malco. It's not too far from the outparcels. I like the Promenade's plan for sit down restaurants all around the mall. I also forgot to metion, but Mimi's Cafe looks like it's going to open real soon.

Mimi's will be good for those who don't want to be quite so fancy as Chang's. It's a good addition. Not been to Fish City but it looks interesting from a distance. I can't wait for Sullivan's and Factory!

Yeah, I like that they would have the food near the Malco side, too.

Hmm, sounds like I like to eat, I guess.

You would think with all these very high end restaurants at the Promenade that we would be getting more high end stores...maybe Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Nordstrom, Jcrew??? These restaurants don't just locate anywhere. I would think there should still be some more surprises down the road. Because right now...the mall is not that spectacular. Most stores are repeats of the NWA mall.

You would think with all these very high end restaurants at the Promenade that we would be getting more high end stores...maybe Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Nordstrom, Jcrew??? These restaurants don't just locate anywhere. I would think there should still be some more surprises down the road. Because right now...the mall is not that spectacular. Most stores are repeats of the NWA mall.

Who says were not. One of the outparcels had three different entrances to it that made it look like it may serve for three different stores such as Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma.

And Granite City's website already confirms Rogers for next year!

http://www.gcfb.net/Development%20Updates.htm

Looks like a really good addition!

:D

Went there tonight with my daughter and two of her schoolmates. That place is starting to grow on me...when they get buildings and landscaping where the dirt is, that will be some kind of place. The clerk at Limited Too said their business has been good but other merchants say the mall's not taken off just yet. (Lots of people there tonight, though). She said they expect this to be more of a spring/summer type of place for business with the non-indoor setting.

It's a bit cramped up in there though. -_- I was surprised on how small it was when I first went. I didn't really pay attention to the outside though. But, it was pretty decent I guess. I did see the Magnolia Home Theater section. It's on your right when you walk in.

KFAY news (Don Elkins) is reporting that the PHP brought in $1 million in sales tax for Rogers this past October while not even being open for a month. Rogers mayor Steve Womack is saying this is proving his city's becoming a shopping destination.

I think the $1 Million is a combined with everything else (Wal-Marts, Kohls, other retail opportunities) that brings in the 1% retail sales tax. I don't think th e mall had $100 million in sales just in October. That would be surreal.

Much of the mall wasn't even open then, was it?

Aporkalypse, that fact was indeed part of the KFAY news story (Elkins said it a couple of times). Matt, the figure was actually $1 million rather than $100 mil. The story made it sound like the PHP was solely responsible for the $1 mil in the month in which they were partially open, however. (Bearing in mind that October's part of the Christmas buildup.)

Aporkalypse, that fact was indeed part of the KFAY news story (Elkins said it a couple of times). Matt, the figure was actually $1 million rather than $100 mil. The story made it sound like the PHP was solely responsible for the $1 mil in the month in which they were partially open, however. (Bearing in mind that October's part of the Christmas buildup.)

By $100 million I mean in total sales, not just in sales tax.

By $100 million I mean in total sales, not just in sales tax.

I understood what you're saying. If Rogers has a 1% sales tax it would take a $100 million in sales for that to generate $1 million for the city, and clearly the Promenade had nowhere near that level of sales.

Perhaps someone misunderstood and we're talking about gross sales tax collections which mostly go to the state, not just local sales tax collections. The entire city of Rogers only collected less than $1.8 mil a month in sales taxes a month for the previous six months, so I doubt the Promenade only could increase that by a cool million a month.

I also looked up the rates when I noticed Rogers collected nearly as much in sales tax as Little Rock. Rogers has a 2% local sales tax rate vs 0.5% in Little Rock. Ouch.

I don't mind paying more on sales tax, it goes to a good cause. I'm suprised that Rogers doesn't have a tax on restaurants. Bentonville has a 2% tax for restaurants which rakes in quite a bit for the city.

LR also has a 2% "hamburger tax" which goes to the city's advertising and promotions committee and helps run the convention center, Robinson Auditorium, etc.

I didn't realize LR sales taxes were so low, I wouldn't mind seeing it go from 0.5% to 1% for city improvements but it will be a hard sale, there's a huge anti-tax group led by Lynch that seems to get any local taxes defeated, including the recent jail tax.

LR also has a 2% "hamburger tax" which goes to the city's advertising and promotions committee and helps run the convention center, Robinson Auditorium, etc.

I didn't realize LR sales taxes were so low, I wouldn't mind seeing it go from 0.5% to 1% for city improvements but it will be a hard sale, there's a huge anti-tax group led by Lynch that seems to get any local taxes defeated, including the recent jail tax.

It's hard to justify any increase in taxes in a state that refuses to give up the grocery tax. I do most of my specialty shopping online, especially from webmerchants that don't excise a sales tax, and I do the majority of my grocery shopping at the Pineville Wal-Mart, because Missouri has somehow managed to survive without a grocery tax.

Local shopping centers like the Promenade are great for a family outing and to pick up a little trinket or two, but until Arkansas realizes not everyone is as fortunate as those $250K+ McMansion owners and those $1Mil condo owners I refuse to support any efforts to make their drive to work any more bearable.

Archived