Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is AMC a movie theater that is exclusively built at malls/shopping centers?

I'm an old-timer so you may not remember all the free-standing movie theatres there were back in the 80's. Most malls are adding AMC's, and other large theatres, to increase traffic, but generally most large movie theatres are stand-alone buildings.

Kind of an odd question but no they build in other locations. The one in Fayetteville is built in a strip retail center. Of course the AMC in Fayetteville was just recently made an AMC by a deal with Regal.

I'm an old-timer so you may not remember all the free-standing movie theatres there were back in the 80's. Most malls are adding AMC's, and other large theatres, to increase traffic, but generally most large movie theatres are stand-alone buildings.

Well there aren't any AMC theaters in my area so that's why I was asking.

Is AMC a movie theater that is exclusively built at malls/shopping centers?

No, here in Dallas we have some that are freestanding (AMC 30 Mesquite, etc) and some that are in malls, such as the new Northpark 12. The interesting thing is that AMC is going back into malls when other chains are closing mall theaters. In two Dallas malls, Northpark and Valley View, they did this by adding an extra story on top of the mall structure and having escalators go up from the top floor to the theater complex above it. That's the only way I've seen to overcome the need for more height for stadium seating in a mall built decades ago.

Anyone go to the malls today? I went by both and they were both extremly packed. In fact, I couldn't find one spot at the N.W. Arkansas Mall, and I saw a few at the Promenade. I'm pretty convinced now that both malls will be supported in the future.

There are 3 malls in NWA. Frisco Station Mall is still hanging in there by a thread. I took my family there to get my son's picture with Santa and hit the Jungle. The manager of the Jungle likes my son so he gets free tokens and prizes everytime we go. Hopefully the Pinnacle Group redevelopment of the old Kmart building will help kickstart a revival of the "old mall."

I wonder how much longer Frisco Station is going to last. The effects of the Promenade haven't been felt yet in Rogers. That site should be redone into a better mall with different tenants.

On another note:

The Pinnacle Group still has 300 undeveloped acres around I-540, much of which is near the site of the future Promenade interchange. John George said there is no time frame for the next announcement of the group’s development plans. This is suppose to be the Pinnacle's mixed use project.

I wonder how much longer Frisco Station is going to last. The effects of the Promenade haven't been felt yet in Rogers. That site should be redone into a better mall with different tenants.

On another note:

The Pinnacle Group still has 300 undeveloped acres around I-540, much of which is near the site of the future Promenade interchange. John George said there is no time frame for the next announcement of the group

Yeah, Frisco Station Mall is really f....d up! They charged $18.00 for a picture with their Santa! That's just plain stupid for a dying mall to charge that much. We were the only people there on Wednesday and the mall was completely deserted. I just sent an email to the mall manager expressing my concerns. I don't know what's worse, seeing that mall dying or seeing it barely stay alive.

$18!!!! That's crazy! This is Arkansas, not NYC, for cryin' out loud! That mall is already dead.

Yeah, Frisco Station Mall is really f....d up! They charged $18.00 for a picture with their Santa! That's just plain stupid for a dying mall to charge that much. We were the only people there on Wednesday and the mall was completely deserted. I just sent an email to the mall manager expressing my concerns. I don't know what's worse, seeing that mall dying or seeing it barely stay alive.

I bet the santa didn't even look real. They need to just buldoze that plot of land and built something like a small lifestyle center.

I was hoping for something better but this isn't bad. How many outparcels will there be?

Hard to tell, but it looks like two more the size of the Lifeway store and about 3 or 4 more that will be about the size of say a Bed Bath & Beyond. Plus there's more room next to Project 45th that is suppose to be for more outparcels.

Looks like one of the outparcels will be Lifeway Christian store. I saw the sign up today.

Lifeway's are awesome. This is sorely needed around here. I like CBO (Christian Book Outlet) for low prices, but their selection is limited. I think they will do quite well around here.

There's already one at that megachurch in Springdale, according to their website.

Hmmmm, I wasn't aware of that. Still, I can't imagine that the one in the church is anywhere near the size of the one at the Promenade. And this one will be much more accessible. I will definitely be shopping there.

Hmmmm, I wasn't aware of that. Still, I can't imagine that the one in the church is anywhere near the size of the one at the Promenade. And this one will be much more accessible. I will definitely be shopping there.

It doesn't look like it will be much bigger than 1,000 sq. feet. It's going to take up the far right window space in this building here.

IMG_0762.jpg

I would put this in the strong rumor category. Heard in the Promenade that Macy's will show up some time within a year somewhere in the vicinity of the mall.

And down the road, the big N is supposed to make its presence known, possibly near where the the Westin was supposed to be.

Again, strong rumor category.

I would put this in the strong rumor category. Heard in the Promenade that Macy's will show up some time within a year somewhere in the vicinity of the mall.

And down the road, the big N is supposed to make its presence known, possibly near where the the Westin was supposed to be.

I know a lot of people that hope those rumors come true. :D

What's the Big N? Nordstrom? Nike? Neiman Marcus?

A Macy's could come to the outparcels, but I'm not too sure. I would count on a Macy's being built in the Pleasant Crossing development.

Sorry! To me, Nordstrom's is the big N.

As I said, I was told both would be coming to the Promenade vicinity. That could change, I'm sure.

Well Barber did say that if the Westin couldn't be at the site then high end retail would take it's place. A Nordstrom would be much more attainable then a Neiman Marcus, IMO. Nordstrom's are typically a bit cheaper than Neiman Marcus, yet are more expensive then Dillards, JC Penny, and Macy's. Nordstrom is on par with Lord & Taylor & Bloomingdale's. I honestly believe that Nordstrom can be supported in NWA, Salt Lake City has 3 with an MSA around 1,100,000. NWA's is around 450,000 with a limited shopping market.

Well Barber did say that if the Westin couldn't be at the site then high end retail would take it's place. A Nordstrom would be much more attainable then a Neiman Marcus, IMO. Nordstrom's are typically a bit cheaper than Neiman Marcus, yet are more expensive then Dillards, JC Penny, and Macy's. Nordstrom is on par with Lord & Taylor & Bloomingdale's. I honestly believe that Nordstrom can be supported in NWA, Salt Lake City has 3 with an MSA around 1,100,000. NWA's is around 450,000 with a limited shopping market.

To me it's not a matter whether we can support a Nordstroms but from what I've seen they just tend to go to larger metros than us. Although KNWA recently did a story that NWA had recently gotten on a lot of people's map with our recent housing boom. Especially since much of that housing not being cheap either. Perhaps one of those taken notice now could be Nordstroms.

To me it's not a matter whether we can support a Nordstroms but from what I've seen they just tend to go to larger metros than us. Although KNWA recently did a story that NWA had recently gotten on a lot of people's map with our recent housing boom. Especially since much of that housing not being cheap either. Perhaps one of those taken notice now could be Nordstroms.

Well Provo has one and there the same size as the NWA MSA. Of course Provo isn't but 40 miles from Salt Lake City.

Archived