Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Well Provo has one and there the same size as the NWA MSA. Of course Provo isn't but 40 miles from Salt Lake City.

Yeah that's what I tend to notice. Metros that do have one and are around our size also tend to be somewhat close to other larger metros. But hey I'm certainly not arguing against getting one. :D Not sure I'm as excited as others are but I certainly wouldn't mind having one in the metro.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macy's isn't really any different than Dillard's in the merchandise if carries. It's nice but not a "luxury" department store, more midrange.

I could see Macy's fitting at the Promenade (or near it). They've said they have a plan to put stores in 46 states and I'm sure Little Rock and NWA fit into those plans somewhere.

Nordstrom's generally goes into a higher profile mall than the Promenade. Even if they were interested in Arkansas, and I suspect right now they aren't, I'm not sure that shopping center fits their profile.

The Macy's would certainly be an improvement over Sears and Penney's and would bring some fashions that Dillard's doesn't have.

As I've said before, I put Nordstrom especially under strong rumor. It would not be for a couple of years anyway and with the Westin, the stadium, the World Trade Center, and other things coming, NWA would be a good strategic location for one of their stores. Just where is the nearest other one, after all? Dallas region? KC? St. Louis?

Anyway, other things are coming

The Macy's would certainly be an improvement over Sears and Penney's and would bring some fashions that Dillard's doesn't have.

As I've said before, I put Nordstrom especially under strong rumor. It would not be for a couple of years anyway and with the Westin, the stadium, the World Trade Center, and other things coming, NWA would be a good strategic location for one of their stores. Just where is the nearest other one, after all? Dallas region? KC? St. Louis?

Anyway, other things are coming

DFW has multiple. There's one in a St Louis suburb and one in Overland Park (suburban KC). Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Tennessee still don't have one.

Went to the Promenade again last night and it looks like Mimi's Cafe is going to open any day now. They had everything done on the inside as well as the outside. They had the lights on with all of the chairs on top of tables but no one was inside. Also, the Gap space is under construction and I have to say that this is going to look sweet.

I just read in the BCDR that the Promenade has extremely great sales for the past Holiday season. The article said Sharper Image and Discover Channel Store had some of the highest sales in the entire chains set of stores. This is great news and should attract many other tenants that are looking at the Promenade for a future home. Hopefully good news is to come.

I don't recall hearing any reports on the Malco at the Promenade yet. (Sorry if this has been covered).

We went for a matinee this afternoon, as my kids got out of school at noon today. Wow! IMO, it's impressive. Leather couches and chairs line both side walls of the lobby, and there is a really nice fountain in the center of the room. A coffee bar is tucked into the left (north)side of the lobby, complete with a cozy fireplace.

The concession stand offers a much broader range of goodies than I've seen at the other theaters around here (I may be behind the times; we don't go to movies very often) They had pizza, hot dogs, and doughnuts in addition to the usual popcorn, pretzels and drinks.

I like our little mall. I know it's nothing compared to some in bigger cities, but I think it has personality. I would like to see some more interesting stores, and the food court definitely needs more choices. Otherwise, I'm happy.

I just read in the BCDR that the Promenade has extremely great sales for the past Holiday season. The article said Sharper Image and Discover Channel Store had some of the highest sales in the entire chains set of stores. This is great news and should attract many other tenants that are looking at the Promenade for a future home. Hopefully good news is to come.

Hopefully these sales will be maintained. I've heard some stories about some retail/restaurants being really hot when they first open then die off afterwards.

I don't recall hearing any reports on the Malco at the Promenade yet. (Sorry if this has been covered).

We went for a matinee this afternoon, as my kids got out of school at noon today. Wow! IMO, it's impressive. Leather couches and chairs line both side walls of the lobby, and there is a really nice fountain in the center of the room. A coffee bar is tucked into the left (north)side of the lobby, complete with a cozy fireplace.

The concession stand offers a much broader range of goodies than I've seen at the other theaters around here (I may be behind the times; we don't go to movies very often) They had pizza, hot dogs, and doughnuts in addition to the usual popcorn, pretzels and drinks.

I like our little mall. I know it's nothing compared to some in bigger cities, but I think it has personality. I would like to see some more interesting stores, and the food court definitely needs more choices. Otherwise, I'm happy.

I haven't been to that theater yet but it was modeled after their flagship theater. So I would expect it should be rather nice. I haven't heard that any of their other theaters in the area will be quite as nice as that one.

That's to be expected. I managed a similar store for years at NWA Mall and my store's sales topped the chain of around 400 stores. It's because NWA is deprived of these kinds of stores, whereas everywhere else in the country has plenty of these stores.

Hopefully these sales will be maintained. I've heard some stories about some retail/restaurants being really hot when they first open then die off afterwards.

I haven't been to that theater yet but it was modeled after their flagship theater. So I would expect it should be rather nice. I haven't heard that any of their other theaters in the area will be quite as nice as that one.

It's not quite like Malco Paradiso in Memphis. There's no Venitian tile, waterfountains, or liquor. However, it is the best looking Malco I have ever seen. I would take a picture of it, but you all know why. :angry:

A little inside info, if no one has mentioned it.

In the Pinnacle Promonade/Development area, the entire place is owned by the Pinnacle Group except for one lot owned by Mr. Dillard, which just so happens to be the location of the Dillard's. Part of the original agreement between the Pinnacle Group and Dillards was that Mr. Dillard would have a final say-so in which anchor stores would be located in the Promonade. He has been very hesitant/picky up to this point, but I am told the most likely candidates for anchor store in phase 4 of the Promondae are Nordstroms or Macy's, because Dillard's doesn't compete with those stores in many areas and, where they do, Dillard' sales are not affected adversely.

On the subject of the Westin, what Mr. Barber really wants to do is locate the hotel on the other side of 540, behind the Embassy suites and within walking distance of the new AR World Trade Center. However, that would put the structure very close to an upscale, single family development, and those people are not very happy about the prospect. At this point, it doesn't look like the hotel will be relocated but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

In other Pinnacle news (this may have been mentioned before also), both Olive Garden & Red Lobster have been approved for their liquor licenses and their final plans are up for approval soon. They will be located at the Northeast corner of 540 and New Hope Road, in front of the Home Depot. The restaurants are expected to generate 200 or so jobs. :yahoo:

I'm pretty sure that Mimi's Cafe has opened at the Promenade. It's the second one in the state (Little Rock - Chenal Parkway).

Mimi's is in the staffing/training phase and should be open in about 2 weeks. Sullivan's Steakhouse should be around between June and August, I hear.

In the Pinnacle Promonade/Development area, the entire place is owned by the Pinnacle Group except for one lot owned by Mr. Dillard, which just so happens to be the location of the Dillard's. Part of the original agreement between the Pinnacle Group and Dillards was that Mr. Dillard would have a final say-so in which anchor stores would be located in the Promonade. He has been very hesitant/picky up to this point, but I am told the most likely candidates for anchor store in phase 4 of the Promondae are Nordstroms or Macy's, because Dillard's doesn't compete with those stores in many areas and, where they do, Dillard' sales are not affected adversely.

On the subject of the Westin, what Mr. Barber really wants to do is locate the hotel on the other side of 540, behind the Embassy suites and within walking distance of the new AR World Trade Center. However, that would put the structure very close to an upscale, single family development, and those people are not very happy about the prospect. At this point, it doesn't look like the hotel will be relocated but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

In other Pinnacle news (this may have been mentioned before also), both Olive Garden & Red Lobster have been approved for their liquor licenses and their final plans are up for approval soon. They will be located at the Northeast corner of 540 and New Hope Road, in front of the Home Depot. The restaurants are expected to generate 200 or so jobs. :yahoo:

Mimi's is in the staffing/training phase and should be open in about 2 weeks. Sullivan's Steakhouse should be around between June and August, I hear.

Olive Garden and Red Lobster had their plans approved by the planning commission just before Christmas, if I'm not mistaken. They should be ready to go.

Any ideas when phase 4 of the Promenade might begin?

Thanks for the update. Yeah I can imagine that the Barber Group doesn't want another outcry like there was in Fayetteville for the Divinity.

Olive Garden and Red Lobster had their plans approved by the planning commission just before Christmas, if I'm not mistaken. They should be ready to go.

Any ideas when phase 4 of the Promenade might begin?

I think all that's left for the restaurants is the signage approval (a slightly separate, but administrative process).

I'm not sure about phase 4. I'll see what I can find out.

I dont know if this has already been said, but the Gap in the Scottdale Center is closing and moving to the Prominade. The Shoe Dept. that shares the same building as the Gap in Scottsdale Center is supposed to stay open. Makes me wonder what, if anything, will take Gap's place in the Scottsdale Center.

I dont know if this has already been said, but the Gap in the Scottdale Center is closing and moving to the Prominade. The Shoe Dept. that shares the same building as the Gap in Scottsdale Center is supposed to stay open. Makes me wonder what, if anything, will take Gap's place in the Scottsdale Center.

Since you mentioned Scottsdale Center I thought I'd also mention that they've revamped their website to make it more user friendly and informative. www.scottsdale-center.com

I don't know that anything will take the Gap space anytime soon since there's still available space in the south building of the center. I'd like to see a TCBY or Baskin-Robbins open there. They could split the Gap space up into smaller spaces. What hurts Scottsdale Center is that it's not very walkable and people only go there for one reason instead of actually shopping.

I figured it would. They actually got rid of the men's department about a year and a half ago.

Archived