Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

I haven't seen this mentioned. According to Arkansas Business, the Barbour group is working with Nordstrom's and Macy's to open locations in Rogers. Both retailers decline to comfirm nor deny. However, Macy's says they were already looking into entering the area in 08 or 09, but wanted to buy out an existing retailer, rather than build a new store. Both stores are said to be locating in the Pinnacle Hills area.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen this mentioned. According to Arkansas Business, the Barbour group is working with Nordstrom's and Macy's to open locations in Rogers. Both retailers decline to comfirm nor deny. However, Macy's says they were already looking into entering the area in 08 or 09, but wanted to buy out an existing retailer, rather than build a new store. Both stores are said to be locating in the Pinnacle Hills area.

Who would they buy out to enter the market?

This is probably part of their plan for Project Forty Fifth. I'm glad to see that ArkansasBusiness picked up the story.

I'd like to know where the info came from that both stores would be locating in Pinnacle Hills. Did that info come from the retailers or from the Barber Group? I would think that NWA Mall would still be a prime target for Macy's if not Nordstrom's. With Dillard's having 2 locations in the mall Macy's would be able to save money buying out one of them rather than building a new store.

I'd like to know where the info came from that both stores would be locating in Pinnacle Hills. Did that info come from the retailers or from the Barber Group? I would think that NWA Mall would still be a prime target for Macy's if not Nordstrom's. With Dillard's having 2 locations in the mall Macy's would be able to save money buying out one of them rather than building a new store.

I doubt the Dillards store will be bought out as well with JC Penny. Both have been trying to get into the Benton County market for years, heck the entire mall concept was brought up by Bill Dillard himself. Never mind, I just saw that you were talking about the two Fayetteville locations. The info came from an inside source with Macy's.

I doubt the Dillards store will be bought out as well with JC Penny. Both have been trying to get into the Benton County market for years, heck the entire mall concept was brought up by Bill Dillard himself. Never mind, I just saw that you were talking about the two Fayetteville locations. The info came from an inside source with Macy's.

I'd bet Macy's might be a part of Phase IV at the Promenade. Both dept stores are probably better suited for NWA Mall. I'm still doubtful about Nordstrom's.

Granted Dillard does have two locations at the NWA Mall. But I'm not sure if I can see Dillard's getting rid of one of them. Not unless their business has really dropped and I mean dropped. They still have a location in Pine Bluff. I know that one doesn't do very good business and it's still open.

Granted Dillard does have two locations at the NWA Mall. But I'm not sure if I can see Dillard's getting rid of one of them. Not unless their business has really dropped and I mean dropped. They still have a location in Pine Bluff. I know that one doesn't do very good business and it's still open.

Mith,

Remember the old Dillard's location in the building with the interesting geometric (honeycomb?) design there in Pine Bluff? (That takes me back to downtown Pine Bluff and those two railroad mainlines which parallel those streets there...great for "train-watching".)

That being said, it's still amusing to me that we keep wondering about how big NWA will get, or how small it really is, and meanwhile, progress marches on in the form of things like (possibly) a Macy's or Nordstrom's. (I bought a map the other day at Borders, where the clerk said business has been quite good, and she said she was pretty sure Macy's was coming in although Nordstrom's she thought was more in the "rumor" phase.

Then again, there's a lot of folks in McDonald County who seemed pretty sure that "the mouse" was coming in, too.)

Mith,

Remember the old Dillard's location in the building with the interesting geometric (honeycomb?) design there in Pine Bluff? (That takes me back to downtown Pine Bluff and those two railroad mainlines which parallel those streets there...great for "train-watching".)

That being said, it's still amusing to me that we keep wondering about how big NWA will get, or how small it really is, and meanwhile, progress marches on in the form of things like (possibly) a Macy's or Nordstrom's. (I bought a map the other day at Borders, where the clerk said business has been quite good, and she said she was pretty sure Macy's was coming in although Nordstrom's she thought was more in the "rumor" phase.

Then again, there's a lot of folks in McDonald County who seemed pretty sure that "the mouse" was coming in, too.)

Yeah I remember it. I wonder what it's being used as now. I still wonder about a Macy's or Nordstrom's coming if it means taking over another store's location. I don't see Dillard's handing over anything to them and let them in the market.

what is "the mouse"?

The Disney Store. I'm almost confident the Disney Store was suppose to be part of Pleasant Crossing's Lifestyle Center. I'm sure we'll see a store soon.

Of course, KJW could have been talking about the rumored Disney Park that was rumored for McDonald County. The rumor was so widespread that it attracted Arkansasbusiness to do a story on it, where Disney officials denied that a park was in the works for the future.

IMO, the Nordstrom is much much more credible than the Disney rumor.

what is "the mouse"?

"The Mouse" is referring to rumors that disney was going to build a park in nwa or mcdonald county.

They bought up a big chunk of land, which they do all over the country because they are in the real estate business. They buy a lot of property and resell it. People got wind of that and swore a disney park was coming.

The Disney Store. I'm almost confident the Disney Store was suppose to be part of Pleasant Crossing's Lifestyle Center. I'm sure we'll see a store soon.

Of course, KJW could have been talking about the rumored Disney Park that was rumored for McDonald County. The rumor was so widespread that it attracted Arkansasbusiness to do a story on it, where Disney officials denied that a park was in the works for the future.

IMO, the Nordstrom is much much more credible than the Disney rumor.

That Disney rumor has been around since I was a kid. I remember my Grandma getting all worked up about it. lol

Just got word today that Target will be locating a "Super Target" store across from the Best Buy in Pinnacle Hills. I don't have any info on the time line.... the prelim plans will probably show up in the office in the next few weeks.

That would confirm what I posted several months ago about a SuperTarget opening in that vicinity.

Super Target in Benton County ! Wow ! That is cool. How sure are you about this ?

I would trust ArkansasStudent, since he's the assistant planning director for Rogers.

Thanks for the info ArkansasStudent. This will be an awesome spot for SuperTarget, since the land area is perfect along with no other grocery stores for miles.

Interesting. I wonder if this metro is big enough that they'll consider more than one SuperTarget.

Probably not considering the current Target in Fayetteville is getting remodeled for an expanded grocery section. From what I've been told, it's suppose to have a larger freezer section.

Archived