Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Matt mentioned, I'd expect the Fayetteville Target to be converted to a SuperTarget. I doubt there will be more than 2 in the metro.

I actually said that the possibility isn't likely, at least for now. Target is remodeling it's store in Fayetteville that isn't going to include any new additions to the facility. All that is happening is an expanded freezer section for groceries.

I actually said that the possibility isn't likely, at least for now. Target is remodeling it's store in Fayetteville that isn't going to include any new additions to the facility. All that is happening is an expanded freezer section for groceries.

What groceries? If they have groceries, other than snacks, it's a SuperTarget. It sounds like the Fayetteville Target will be adding more grocery elements until it's converted to a SuperTarget.

What groceries? If they have groceries, other than snacks, it's a SuperTarget. It sounds like the Fayetteville Target will be adding more grocery elements until it's converted to a SuperTarget.

No, SuperTargets contain an extra entrance, a wide selection of frozen foods, meats, deli, baked goods, etc. The Fayetteville Target isn't getting anymore square footage. If you've been to Targets across the nation you'll notice that some do contain more food than others. The Fayetteville Target will have an expanded grocery section, but nothing near the size of an average SuperTarget. The Fayetteville Target would need to add at least 50,000 more sq. feet to be a SuperTarget.

No, SuperTargets contain an extra entrance, a wide selection of frozen foods, meats, deli, baked goods, etc. The Fayetteville Target isn't getting anymore square footage. If you've been to Targets across the nation you'll notice that some do contain more food than others. The Fayetteville Target will have an expanded grocery section, but nothing near the size of an average SuperTarget. The Fayetteville Target would need to add at least 50,000 more sq. feet to be a SuperTarget.

So SuperTargets are nothing more than a Wal-Mart Supercenter only with a different name?

So SuperTargets are nothing more than a Wal-Mart Supercenter only with a different name?

No. The merchandise is all different--Target is much better for anything related to your home or clothing. Target has a completely different feel. The people shopping there look different.

No. The merchandise is all different--Target is much better for anything related to your home or clothing. Target has a completely different feel. The people shopping there look different.

Agreed. The Target grocery section really has a lot of nice, upscale and organic foods. Their own label, Archer Farms, is very high quality. They have a lot of things one wouldn't fine at WM or Harp's.

I agree to an extent, but that's changing with Wal-Mart carrying much higher quality merchandise than in the past. I recently bought some really nice bathroom accessories at Wal-Mart when I couldn't find anything to my liking at Target. Most quality home decor at Target can now be found at Wal-Mart. It won't be long before Wal-Mart will be carrying everything that Target carries.

Any ideas of when SuperTarget is supposed to be opening. Finally a good place to go grocery shopping other than Wal Mart. I'm excited about this one.

There's Harps you know. :lol:

Agreed. The Target grocery section really has a lot of nice, upscale and organic foods. Their own label, Archer Farms, is very high quality. They have a lot of things one wouldn't fine at WM or Harp's.

True, Target will have a different selection. They'll have some of the organic stuff but without the 'hippy feel' of Ozark Natural Foods.

I have no idea about the timeline for construction of the Super Target.... they haven't even submitted their Large Scale Plan to the Rogers Planning Office yet. But the City Planner told me we should get the plans in the next few weeks. It takes about 4 - 5 weeks to go through the approval process on a Large Scale Plan. So I would expect the construction start date sometime this Spring, possibly March or April. This is all just a guess, though.

Oh, and thanks to those who remembered where I work..... I should have mentioned that in the original post. :whistling:

I have no idea about the timeline for construction of the Super Target.... they haven't even submitted their Large Scale Plan to the Rogers Planning Office yet. But the City Planner told me we should get the plans in the next few weeks. It takes about 4 - 5 weeks to go through the approval process on a Large Scale Plan. So I would expect the construction start date sometime this Spring, possibly March or April. This is all just a guess, though.

Oh, and thanks to those who remembered where I work..... I should have mentioned that in the original post. :whistling:

just trying to get some sort of timeline in my head. If they submit their large scale plan within the next few weeks, we could see construction start this spring, march or april, which means an opening sometime in early 2008, right? does anyone have a good guess as to how long it takes to build a supertarget? again, im just trying to get a rough timeline put together.

just trying to get some sort of timeline in my head. If they submit their large scale plan within the next few weeks, we could see construction start this spring, march or april, which means an opening sometime in early 2008, right? does anyone have a good guess as to how long it takes to build a supertarget? again, im just trying to get a rough timeline put together.

I know that Wal-Marts take anywhere from a year to 18 months. I would expect a SuperTarget to be about the same.

This is how slow the Rogers planning office was today......

I can report with certainty that a Chuck E. Cheese Pizzaria will be locating in the Pinnacle Promenade area. I don't know the exact location, or anything about the timeline. All I know is that the company has confirmed their intention to build one.

So, :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

This will be the best thing ever to come to Rogers!!! haha :P

Hey, hey, HEY! I, for one, am VERY excited about this news!!! Any parent who has had to drive all the way to one of the most inconvenient parts of Fayetteville for a gazillion birthday parties will agree with me - this is very good news! I have been waiting for this for years. It's sad, but I'm actually more excited about this than I am about the Cheesecake Factory or Macy's. :silly:

Any word on a JCrew, Apple Store, or Cheesecake Factory near the Promenade ARKANSAS STUDENT? I would love to see these come as well.

I can gurantee that Apple won't be building in NWA anytime soon, trust me. :shades: As well, Cheesecake Factory is building in the Promenade but we haven't heard an official announcement.

Archived