Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

I believe the Design Center of Rogers specializes in merchandise displays.

Which Design Center are we talking about? Is this the one downtown by Dollar Saver? Because if so, it doesn't specialize in merchandise display design. It's a multicompany design center for interiors/custom builders. Kitchen Distributors/White River Hardwoods/Pella Windows/Metro Builders and many more have displays in the building. Trust me I know. I've been working on it for almost 2 years and we've been doing design work for almost 5 years.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Design Center are we talking about? Is this the one downtown by Dollar Saver? Because if so, it doesn't specialize in merchandise display design. It's a multicompany design center for interiors/custom builders. Kitchen Distributors/White River Hardwoods/Pella Windows/Metro Builders and many more have displays in the building. Trust me I know. I've been working on it for almost 2 years and we've been doing design work for almost 5 years.

I thought it was Design Center, but I may have my names mixed up. I stumbled on a link to a company in Rogers that designs displays for Wal-Mart vendors or at least that's what it sounded like.

I'm sure not a developer making the hard financial decisions, but building it open air just because some other developer built their's that way doesn't seem like sound reasoning. I imagine there have been consumer studies done backing the decision to build it that way, but I wonder if the local market conditions were taken into account? Not only the winter weather, but the hot humid weather NWA endures each summer? An enclosed mall is just a more comfortable environment to be in. Just my honest opinion. :)

Well there's still the Fayetteville Mall. :silly: The trend these days is just to build open air. It could be cheaper for heating and cooling reasons. I actually prefer open air malls in the summer. IMO, it feels good to get in the heat then in the air conditioning.

It seems like an open air mall would age better and be easier to update.

I agree. We were just at Pinnacle this afternoon and that's exactly what I said. Easier to update. And feels more like a town and less like a stereotypical mall.

This is off topic but I just wanted to say that I really like the look of The Shops at La Cantera in San Antonio. In the original rendering of the Promenade it showed all the vegetation and stuff and I was really hoping for all of that. I don't know how I got started on this but I honestly like open-air centers than enclosed. It feels more refreshing and relaxing. Heres the link to The Shops at La Cantera. It has waterfalls and all that jazz. It also has all the perfect stores too. The Shops at La Cantera

Well there's still the Fayetteville Mall. :silly: The trend these days is just to build open air. It could be cheaper for heating and cooling reasons. I actually prefer open air malls in the summer. IMO, it feels good to get in the heat then in the air conditioning.

What the Fayetteville Mall needs is to add lots of skylights and greenery, like trees and gardens. A large waterfall fountain in the center court area would be awesome too. The mall building itself doesn't need any remodelling, it just needs some of the ambience of an open-air mall.

What the Fayetteville Mall needs is to add lots of skylights and greenery, like trees and gardens. A large waterfall fountain in the center court area would be awesome too. The mall building itself doesn't need any remodelling, it just needs some of the ambience of an open-air mall.

Visit the food court at NWA Mall. You will see skylights, trees, and a water feature.

Visit the food court at NWA Mall. You will see skylights, trees, and a water feature.

Yes, what NWA Mall calls "The Picnic" is nice and that ambience should be carried over to other parts of the mall. The Picnic is also the newest remodel to NWA Mall and was done because the food court wasn't getting much business. I've been to enclosed malls that are like indoor arboretums with entire gardens with footpaths inside, although I'm not sure if they exist anymore.

Yes, what NWA Mall calls "The Picnic" is nice and that ambience should be carried over to other parts of the mall. The Picnic is also the newest remodel to NWA Mall and was done because the food court wasn't getting much business. I've been to enclosed malls that are like indoor arboretums with entire gardens with footpaths inside, although I'm not sure if they exist anymore.

Yeah I admit when they remodeled it, however many years ago that was, I was a little disappointed they didn't do a little more.

Yeah I admit when they remodeled it, however many years ago that was, I was a little disappointed they didn't do a little more.

I doubt that NWA Mall will be getting another remodel any time soon now that it's privately owned, but hopefully the new owners will solicit comments from the mall's customer base to provide customers with what they want and not send them elsewhere to shop the same stores.

I doubt that NWA Mall will be getting another remodel any time soon now that it's privately owned, but hopefully the new owners will solicit comments from the mall's customer base to provide customers with what they want and not send them elsewhere to shop the same stores.

I agree, it hasn't been that long and I think things would have to change drastically for someone to want to spend a lot of money remodeling it.

I know this has come up in this topic before so I thought I'd post Thia info over here where more people might see it. Now we'll just have to see where exactly it will be located.

William-Sonoma is coming to NWA. Schedule opening date is 9/15/07. I'm waiting on a location confirmation.

I've also asked if a Pottery Barn is in the plans. (WS owns both.)

Regarding Williams-Sonoma, they will most likely choose an area based on highest home values, median income, traffic counts, commercial development activity, and retail destinations. Or in other words, Pinnacle Hills in Rogers.

Now we'll just have to see where exactly it will be located.

Regarding Williams-Sonoma, they will most likely choose an area based on highest home values, median income, traffic counts, commercial development activity, and retail destinations. Or in other words, Pinnacle Hills in Rogers.

Likely yes. But I imagine Fayetteville still has a chance. Although Rogers chances would probably be more likely.

Likely yes. But I imagine Fayetteville still has a chance. Although Rogers chances would probably be more likely.

When Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma opened in LR they could've opted for the area of highest income in the city - West LR/Chenal but instead chose an older established part of the city with a broad range of incomes and a location next to the major mall. I could easily see them choosing the NWA mall area over Pinnacle Hills.

When Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma opened in LR they could've opted for the area of highest income in the city - West LR/Chenal but instead chose an older established part of the city with a broad range of incomes and a location next to the major mall. I could easily see them choosing the NWA mall area over Pinnacle Hills.

It's possible, but I think they would fit in a little better with the more cosmopolitan Pinnacle Hills area, regardless of higher income.

It's possible, but I think they would fit in a little better with the more cosmopolitan Pinnacle Hills area, regardless of higher income.

Gee--I hate to disagree with you on this one, but I would hardly call Pinnacle Hills "more cosmopolitan" than Fayetteville. If anything, it is less cosmopolitan. Urban areas will be more cosmopolitan; suburban areas less cosmopolitan. Pinnacle is not an urban area.

Here are a couple definitions of the word "cosmopolitan":

1. composed of people from or at home in many parts of the world; especially not provincial in attitudes or interests; "his cosmopolitan benevolence impartially extended to all races and to all creeds"- T.B. Macaulay; "the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt"; "that queer, cosmopolitan, rather sinister crowd found around the Marseilles docks"

2. a sophisticated person who has travelled in many countries

My guess is there is much more diversity in Fayetteville than Rogers, especially the Pinnacle Hills area, which is probably 99% white.

Gee--I hate to disagree with you on this one, but I would hardly call Pinnacle Hills "more cosmopolitan" than Fayetteville. If anything, it is less cosmopolitan. Urban areas will be more cosmopolitan; suburban areas less cosmopolitan. Pinnacle is not an urban area.

Here are a couple definitions of the word "cosmopolitan":

1. composed of people from or at home in many parts of the world; especially not provincial in attitudes or interests; "his cosmopolitan benevolence impartially extended to all races and to all creeds"- T.B. Macaulay; "the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt"; "that queer, cosmopolitan, rather sinister crowd found around the Marseilles docks"

2. a sophisticated person who has travelled in many countries

My guess is there is much more diversity in Fayetteville than Rogers, especially the Pinnacle Hills area, which is probably 99% white.

I was thinking more along the lines of the World Trade Center being located in Pinnacle Hills, but the "whiteness" of the Church of Pinnacle Hills does come back to mind.

Here in Tulsa, the William Sonoma and Pottery Barn are in Utica Square instead of the Woodland Hills Mall area. Utica Square is a much older, well established, and quite wealthy area of town. I believe it is the only location in town. So if they locate one in either Rogers or Fayetteville, I would guess that it would be the only one for the entire metro.

Here in Tulsa, the William Sonoma and Pottery Barn are in Utica Square instead of the Woodland Hills Mall area. Utica Square is a much older, well established, and quite wealthy area of town. I believe it is the only location in town. So if they locate one in either Rogers or Fayetteville, I would guess that it would be the only one for the entire metro.

Yeah I couldn't see more than one for quite a while. Somewhere around the Pinnacle Hills area is the most probable location. But I think Fayetteville has at least a small shot at it.

I love Utica Square. It's a shame nobody in LR has the foresight to do something like that decades ago. In any case, Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma seem to follow this pattern most places I've seen them. I haven't seen many in suburban strip malls.

I, too, love Utica Square. I hope when the Promenade matures it feels more like Utica Square, but somehow I think it will look more like an aging Main Street from Magic Kingdom at Disney World!

Archived