Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody been to Mimi's Cafe yet? I know it was to open yesterday.

We went last night. I think it would be a fantastic place for breakfast; the bread basket which was brought out first, as well as the muffin I ordered, were great. The quiche, soup and salad were also good. However, my husband ordered the jambalaya pasta, and it was really subpar, in my opinion. It had a strange flavor, perhaps too much basil or oregano. We liked the atmosphere and the service was decent.

Overall, it kind of reminded me of O'Charleys. A little bit of everything.

I heard today that The Cheesecake Factory is no longer coming to the Promenade. Is this true? It was in the newspaper recently from what I was told, but I didn't see it.

NOOOOOOOOoooo! Oh, somebody tell me it's not true. This is really getting to be a bummer, all these plans falling through. I'd rather they never get our hopes up in the first place. :angry:

Aporkalypse is sworn to secrecy so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It's not that, nor even a restaurant.

I wouldn't be surprised if NWA gets a Cheesecake Factory at some point but I bet it's in Fayetteville near NWA Mall and I-540 somewhere. I also bet LR gets one first.

I just didn't really see it fitting in at Pinnacle Promenade. It's not that kind of development you see Cheesecake Factories in in other cities.

I wouldn't be surprised if NWA gets a Cheesecake Factory at some point but I bet it's in Fayetteville near NWA Mall and I-540 somewhere. I also bet LR gets one first.

I just didn't really see it fitting in at Pinnacle Promenade. It's not that kind of development you see Cheesecake Factories in in other cities.

And it would fit in better near NWA Mall? The restaurants around NWA Mall are pretty typical fare with no really "upscale" restaurants at all. Rogers has both the Promenade and Scottsdale Center with several "upscale" restaurants that are far better than any restaurants around NWA Mall. Unless some major changes happen around NWA Mall there's not a chance of anything like Cheesecake Factory ever locating there.

It's not that, nor even a restaurant.

I was in Atlanta over New Year's for the bowl and we were at a huge mall, but it was indoors. They had a Cheesecake Factory. Another indoor mall in Phoenix had one. I guess they don't do the promenade/outdoor/fancy strip-mall concept.

And we haven't been contacted in the planning office about anything resembling a Cheescake Factory. It's probably going to be awhile, and I agree that LR will get it first.

Austin's wooded outdoor mall --- I forget the name --- has a Cheesecake Factory.

When I was first informed by reliable people, they did indicate that it would be awhile. I'm still mildly hopeful.

Where was this article that said it wasn't coming?

I was in Atlanta over New Year's for the bowl and we were at a huge mall, but it was indoors. They had a Cheesecake Factory. Another indoor mall in Phoenix had one. I guess they don't do the promenade/outdoor/fancy strip-mall concept.

And we haven't been contacted in the planning office about anything resembling a Cheescake Factory. It's probably going to be awhile, and I agree that LR will get it first.

The Cheesecake Factory in KC is in the Plaza, which is the epitome of an outdoor fancy mall (to me). Then again, the one in Oklahoma City is on the parking lot of a big indoor mall, and it just opened within the last year or so. So, who knows?

I don't think I'm going to believe anything else until I see a foundation poured. As we've seen, even dirtwork/groundbreaking is no guarantee (Lowell Water Park, for instance).

And it would fit in better near NWA Mall? The restaurants around NWA Mall are pretty typical fare with no really "upscale" restaurants at all. Rogers has both the Promenade and Scottsdale Center with several "upscale" restaurants that are far better than any restaurants around NWA Mall. Unless some major changes happen around NWA Mall there's not a chance of anything like Cheesecake Factory ever locating there.

It won't be IN the NWA Mall, it would have to be in a nicer new shopping center somewhere around it - something in the 250-450k SF range. A lot of Cheesecake Factories are in those kind of developments, though some are obvious in or linked to large malls.

Promenade is a pretty limited retail cluster right now and a good portion isn't upscale. Cheesecake Factories usually don't occur in the same development as a JC Penney's and Payless, so I was a little surprised when I initially heard it reported. The fact it made it all the way to Ark Business, etc tells me that the company was interested in the market, so I would wage they just eventually decided against the site. Just my two cents, my opinion's no more valid than anyone else's.

The Cheesecake Factory in KC is in the Plaza, which is the epitome of an outdoor fancy mall (to me). Then again, the one in Oklahoma City is on the parking lot of a big indoor mall, and it just opened within the last year or so. So, who knows?

I don't think I'm going to believe anything else until I see a foundation poured. As we've seen, even dirtwork/groundbreaking is no guarantee (Lowell Water Park, for instance).

You know, every Cheesecake Factory I've ever been to was in an outdoor shopping center. I knew there were a couple in indoor malls but most are in newer outdoor centers. One obvious reason, of course, is that in the last 5 years nobody's been building indoor malls. In establishes parts of cities they often build as a part of a small retail project across from a mall, the Dallas Cheesecake Factory is that way.

It won't be IN the NWA Mall, it would have to be in a nicer new shopping center somewhere around it - something in the 250-450k SF range. A lot of Cheesecake Factories are in those kind of developments, though some are obvious in or linked to large malls.

Promenade is a pretty limited retail cluster right now and a good portion isn't upscale. Cheesecake Factories usually don't occur in the same development as a JC Penney's and Payless, so I was a little surprised when I initially heard it reported. The fact it made it all the way to Ark Business, etc tells me that the company was interested in the market, so I would wage they just eventually decided against the site. Just my two cents, my opinion's no more valid than anyone else's.

I didn't think it would be "IN the NWA Mall," but somewhere nearby. Forget about the eastside of Joyce Blvd, because restaurants don't last long there due to traffic congestion. If it was to locate anywhere near the NWA Mall I would guess northwest of Target near the new Malco Theatre that's being built. I don't think they'd want to be within view of a Wal-Mart or the JC Penney at the mall. Indoors/Outdoors doesn't really matter. The Cheesecake Factory has pictures on their website indicating they prefer more aesthetically pleasing outdoor malls like the Promenade. Maybe in another decade or two the NWA Mall area will be as nice as the Pinnacle Hills area, but Pinnacle Hills is only getting better each year. By the time Cheesecake Factory decides to locate in NWA, Pinnacle Hills will be too attractive to pass up.

I didn't think it would be "IN the NWA Mall," but somewhere nearby. Forget about the eastside of Joyce Blvd, because restaurants don't last long there due to traffic congestion. If it was to locate anywhere near the NWA Mall I would guess northwest of Target near the new Malco Theatre that's being built. I don't think they'd want to be within view of a Wal-Mart or the JC Penney at the mall. Indoors/Outdoors doesn't really matter. The Cheesecake Factory has pictures on their website indicating they prefer more aesthetically pleasing outdoor malls like the Promenade. Maybe in another decade or two the NWA Mall area will be as nice as the Pinnacle Hills area, but Pinnacle Hills is only getting better each year. By the time Cheesecake Factory decides to locate in NWA, Pinnacle Hills will be too attractive to pass up.

I was actually guessing somewhere near the Target would be the place.

In any case, I don't see the type of shopping center needed to do this coming up in the next few years. The market's getting saturated with retail and everyone will watch to see how the retail market shakes out with two regional malls.

Other than the Kirby's/Shorty Small's location, what other restaurants on the eastside of Joyce have not lasted very long. I can only think of Panera and El Chico and both have been around for a while. Other than those 2 I can't think of any other restaurants in that area.

Almost all of the cheesecake factories that ive seen have been outdoors. And the one in Saint Johns Town Center in Jacksonville is very similar to a Pinnacle Hills development, including the anchor store (Dillards).

I've been to the Cheesecake Factory in both Frisco, TX and a St Louis, MO. Both were indoors in very nice malls. Is the Cheesecake Factory "upscale?" Price doesn't necessarily make something upscale. It's not bad food but it seems like more classic corporate/franchise food rather than upscale.

I've been to the Cheesecake Factory in both Frisco, TX and a St Louis, MO. Both were indoors in very nice malls. Is the Cheesecake Factory "upscale?" Price doesn't necessarily make something upscale. It's not bad food but it seems like more classic corporate/franchise food rather than upscale.

They market themselves as "upscale" pretty successfully. Image is everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand from a good source that Sullivan's is no longer coming to Pinnacle Promenade and that Pottery Barn is to be built in that spot where Sullivan's was to have gone.

I understand that the Ruth's Chris development helped to make this decision on Sullivan's part.

Archived