Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

I understand from a good source that Sullivan's is no longer coming to Pinnacle Promenade and that Pottery Barn is to be built in that spot where Sullivan's was to have gone.

I understand that the Ruth's Chris development helped to make this decision on Sullivan's part.

Thats pretty huge.

The retail pendulum is really swinging in Benton County's favor.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Ruth's Chris considered sort of upscale? I haven't been there but it sounds like a good place to eat.

Upscale fever is spreading like wildfire. I personally don't know what the fuss is about. There's a bajillion "upscale" restaurants in major metros, so NWA is just backwoods if it doesn't have a few "upscale" anything's to stake claim to. I guess in NWA any place that doesn't have a buffet or a take-out window can be considered "upscale."

Is Ruth's Chris considered sort of upscale? I haven't been there but it sounds like a good place to eat.

Yes--it is very upscale, caters to the business crowd, and is pretty good. All side items are ala carte, most steaks are $30-45...

It's a chain and they are in every major city.

M

I thought Ruth's Chris is about as upscale as you can get for a major-chain steakhouse. Frankly, I can't tell that much difference, if at all, between a $100 steak and a $30 dollar steak. Could be my merely plebian tastes... or lack thereof.

Umm I'm pretty sure my favorite steak is at Colton's in Faytown. And at $12 with the fixings, you cant beat that.

Ya know, O'Charley's sent me a $10 dollar gift certificate a while back and I went to the Fayetteville location and had a ribeye steak dinner that was one of the best I've had. It was a great dining experience and very tasty meal. guess it goes to show that big bucks isn't all it takes to have a memorable time out on the town.

Umm I'm pretty sure my favorite steak is at Colton's in Faytown. And at $12 with the fixings, you cant beat that.

"Upscale" is all in the mind. The steak at an "upscale" restaurant is no different than at Colton's. The difference is that the more you pay for a steak the longer it's left to rot before it's cooked. Letting meat rot brings out more of the flavor, probably because the bacteria growing on the steak draws out the flavor. I'll stick with my $12 steaks that go straight from the freezer to the grill, thank you!

I wouldn't go that far. I think it depends on the situation. I could serve a really great expensive wine to a friend who knows little about wine and he probably couldn't tell a difference between that wine and a much cheaper version of the same kind. But if you really enjoy wines you're more likely to know the intricacies and appreciate the nicer more expensive wine. I won't say it applies to everything else but it's possible that you just have to a connoisseur to really appreciate it.

I agree that a lot of less expensive steakhouses serve a really good steak, but to me the difference comes in the atmosphere, the side dishes, and the service. You can get a great steak at Colton's but to get twice-baked potatoes that are to die for, along with a quieter atmosphere, Oscar's is the way to go. It beats anything I've had in all my travels. 12 bucks (with the coupon)

I thought Ruth's Chris is about as upscale as you can get for a major-chain steakhouse. Frankly, I can't tell that much difference, if at all, between a $100 steak and a $30 dollar steak. Could be my merely plebian tastes... or lack thereof.

The reason the food is more exspensive at places like Sullivan's and Ruth's Chris is not just because the steaks are aged, you are also paying for the enviroment. Go to Sullivan's, trust me, you will know the difference!

I'd say the best steak is the one you make yourself. That's why my two choices are 1.) A place like The Butcher Block, or 2.) my trusty grill.

I will say I enjoy Colton's in Fayetteville, but are we forgetting Doe's? That, in my opinion, is a king of a steak, and the atmosphere is perfect. I don't want to worry about getting steak sauce on my tie while I'm eating -- I wanna kick back w/ a good beer and some friends or the game while downing my charred bovine slab :D

The best steakhouses in Benton County are Colton's, Copeland's, O'Charley's, and Oscar's, all in Rogers and Doe's, Fred's Hickory Inn, Montana Mike's, River Grille, and Shogun's, all in Bentonville. As you can see, Benton County has no shortage of excellent steakhouses.

Copeland's also has one of the best wine selections and assortment of gourmet cheesecakes in the region. It could probably pass for a Cheesecake Factory until the branded one comes to Rogers. :D

The best steakhouses in Benton County are Colton's, Copeland's, O'Charley's, and Oscar's, all in Rogers and Doe's, Fred's Hickory Inn, Montana Mike's, River Grille, and Shogun's, all in Bentonville. As you can see, Benton County has no shortage of excellent steakhouses.

Copeland's also has one of the best wine selections and assortment of gourmet cheesecakes in the region. It could probably pass for a Cheesecake Factory until the branded one comes to Rogers. :D

Unfortunately, Montana Mike's is no longer with us. They closed down a few months ago. The owners stated that the Bentonville location was built before the chain's image evolved. The Bville location no longer fit that image. They said they are open to scouting for locations to build a new MM around here, though. I would agree that the old building was not inspiring as far as image. I think it was an old Western Sizzlin. I'd love to see them build something along the lines of Kodiak in Tulsa - sort of a Bass Pro look, with boulders and stuffed bears. You know me, I love that outdoorsy stuff. :good:

"Upscale" is all in the mind. The steak at an "upscale" restaurant is no different than at Colton's. The difference is that the more you pay for a steak the longer it's left to rot before it's cooked. Letting meat rot brings out more of the flavor, probably because the bacteria growing on the steak draws out the flavor. I'll stick with my $12 steaks that go straight from the freezer to the grill, thank you!

The steak at a restaurant that serves prime beef and Colton's is different. Prime beef is a standard set up by the USDA. Prime has the most marbling. The more marbling is thought to result in better beef. Although blind taste test do not support the USDA grading system. Also, aging also depends on dry or wet. So find a place you like and go there.

Unfortunately, Montana Mike's is no longer with us. They closed down a few months ago. The owners stated that the Bentonville location was built before the chain's image evolved. The Bville location no longer fit that image. They said they are open to scouting for locations to build a new MM around here, though. I would agree that the old building was not inspiring as far as image. I think it was an old Western Sizzlin. I'd love to see them build something along the lines of Kodiak in Tulsa - sort of a Bass Pro look, with boulders and stuffed bears. You know me, I love that outdoorsy stuff. :good:

Well, that bites. I was disappointed when Maude Ethel's closed a couple years ago. 'Tis the price we pay for living in such a booming metro.

The steak at a restaurant that serves prime beef and Colton's is different. Prime beef is a standard set up by the USDA. Prime has the most marbling. The more marbling is thought to result in better beef. Although blind taste test do not support the USDA grading system. Also, aging also depends on dry or wet. So find a place you like and go there.

Oh, I thought the name of the restaurant determines how good a steak tastes. :D Probably makes better sense than letting the USDA decide how good our steak tastes. I guess grilling my own steaks is the best way to go.

Wow, not a fan of most of those other than Doe's. I liked the Copeland's in New Orleans when I ate there twice well enough but I've been to the one in Rogers twice and both times it was awful.

There is a substantial difference between these steakhouses and those where you run up a $100 tab. I don't consider Ruth's Chris top tier but I certainly would pay twice as much for a steak there as any of these places. It's not only the quality of the beef but the way it's cut and prepared. A filet at a real steakhouse is usually taller than it is wide, lower tier steakhouses don't do that and usually cook it through because their patrons often don't want red or even pink in their steak.

Cheesecake's easy - they're all frozen regardless of where you get it.

Now, I think Ruth's Chris will bank in both NWA and Central Ark. There really are only a couple of prime steakhouses around that I can think of. I don't think there's one in NWA yet. The Benton Co executive crowd that moved from larger metros is probably clamoring for this.

Wow, not a fan of most of those other than Doe's. I liked the Copeland's in New Orleans when I ate there twice well enough but I've been to the one in Rogers twice and both times it was awful.

There is a substantial difference between these steakhouses and those where you run up a $100 tab. I don't consider Ruth's Chris top tier but I certainly would pay twice as much for a steak there as any of these places. It's not only the quality of the beef but the way it's cut and prepared. A filet at a real steakhouse is usually taller than it is wide, lower tier steakhouses don't do that and usually cook it through because their patrons often don't want red or even pink in their steak.

Now, I think Ruth's Chris will bank in both NWA and Central Ark. There really are only a couple of prime steakhouses around that I can think of. I don't think there's one in NWA yet. The Benton Co executive crowd that moved from larger metros is probably clamoring for this.

I hate "tall" steaks, but not because I don't like pink or red. I'm not crazy about really flat steaks either; I like it somewhere in the middle. I usually order mine medium, and I expect pink and maybe some red. To me, it's all about marbling, marination, and grilling.

I agree with you 100%. You have to travel a bit and get out of this area to gain some perspective on restaurants. I think we have a shortage of good ones--of all types here. here are some but not enough. My favorites are Bordino's (always good), 36 Club (not consistently good), James at the Mill (good but the owner is snotty), and Chloe (great but everyone is snotty), all in Fayetteville. I also like Wasabi for sushi and Doe's Eat Place for a good (but not fantastic) steak, though the atmosphere is not all that good.

I agree with you 100%. You have to travel a bit and get out of this area to gain some perspective on restaurants. I think we have a shortage of good ones--of all types here. here are some but not enough. My favorites are Bordino's (always good), 36 Club (not consistently good), James at the Mill (good but the owner is snotty), and Chloe (great but everyone is snotty), all in Fayetteville. I also like Wasabi for sushi and Doe's Eat Place for a good (but not fantastic) steak, though the atmosphere is not all that good.

I would agree with all of that, except for Chloe. TWO of the worst meals I have ever had at a decent restaurant were there. The only reason I even went back was it was a company Christmas dinner.

On a side note, Wasabi has the best sushi I have ever had outside of a major metro on the coasts (or Chicago...). It is also very reasonably priced, I have spent more money on a tip for three people at a San Francisco sushi bar than my most recent meal plus tip price for two and the sushi and sashimi was nearly as good. Truly an excellent addition to Dickson, now if only Rice Village would go away...only tried it once and the fish tasted like it came from the Wal-Mart frozen fish department. Fine to batter up and fry I guess, but not exactly high grade stuff.

I agree, James at the Mill is really top notch. I need to go to Bordino's, I've heard good things.

If Wasabi's this good I'm really excited about checking out the one in LR when I get back. I passed it up to eat at the Thai place on Dickson last time I was up there, now I kind of regret it.

To all their own tastes. I'm more than satisfied with my $12 steaks at Colton's in Rogers or even cheaper at Western Sizzlin' and Sizzler in Springdale. If I need to impress anyone there's plenty of places I could take them anywhere in NWA.

The problem is all NWA restaurants are pretty much the same other than pricing... steaks, chicken, chimichangas, barbecue, lobster, linguini. Even the dining atmospheres are pretty much the same other than colors and lighting. What we could really use is a unique dining experience like The Melting Pot fondue restaurant. On the outside it may look like any other restaurant, but if you're looking for a really fun way to spend a lot of money The Melting Pot is the place. This fondue restaurant was practically made to impress your friends, not only with your $$$, but also with your exquisite taste. If you haven't tried it at least once you don't know what you're missing. In fact, I believe eating at The Melting Pot is now a requirement to get into Heaven. :shades:

An example of a four course dinner (served with an assortment of breads, fruits and vegetables for dipping):

Quattro Formaggio Cheese Fondue Golden mix of Provolone, Asiago, Fontina and Gruyere cheeses melted into white wine. Infused with a touch of basil pesto and roasted pepper marinara sauce.

Chopped Caesar Salad Crisp Romaine, creamy Caesar dressing, shredded Parmesan cheese and a touch of Parmesan encrusted pine nuts!

Fondue Fusion Lobster Tail, Filet Mignon Medallion, Porcini-Rubbed Strip Sirloin, Breast of Chicken, Tuscan Herb Breast of Chicken, Black Tiger Shrimp and Sun-dried Tomato Mascarpone Cheese Ravioli.

Torino Hazelnut Chocolate Fondue Incredibly dreamy! Warm and smooth hazelnut chocolate, topped with candied hazelnuts.

If you can't find the right wine at The Melting Pot, just order a bottle of Bordeaux, Chateau Latour, Pauillac, France 1989... only $500! The good news is that's the most expensive wine they have.

www.meltingpot.com

Until we get a Melting Pot this will always be backwaters USA as far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:

Great news for us family guys! :yahoo:

I'm hoping to hear IT'Z Pizza of Dallas and Incredible Pizza Company of Tulsa announce new locations in NWA, but right now Little Rock and Hot Springs are the only future locations. Surely they'll realize that NWA is the place to be.

Just to clear this up, Incredible Pizza Co. is based out of Springfield. The Operational offices are in Tulsa and the Headquarters are in Springfield. The first location was built on S. Campbell Street and was called "Springfield's Incredible Pizza Company." The current goal of The Incredible Pizza Company is to have 100 units operational by 2010.

For History on America's Incredible Pizza Company...

http://www.restaurantnews.com/careers/ipc.html

http://www.incrediblepizza.com/contact.php

NWA is getting one there just hasn't been a formal announcement.

Just to clear this up, Incredible Pizza Co. is based out of Springfield. The Operational offices are in Tulsa and the Headquarters are in Springfield. The first location was built on S. Campbell Street and was called "Springfield's Incredible Pizza Company." The current goal of The Incredible Pizza Company is to have 100 units operational by 2010.

For History on America's Incredible Pizza Company...

http://www.restaurantnews.com/careers/ipc.html

http://www.incrediblepizza.com/contact.php

NWA is getting one there just hasn't been a formal announcement.

You're right and I know Incredible Pizza Company is based in Springfield, but I think the article I read said the Tulsa franchise was the one opening a franchise in NWA. It will still be a Springfield chain, but the franchiser is based in Tulsa.

The problem is all NWA restaurants are pretty much the same other than pricing... steaks, chicken, chimichangas, barbecue, lobster, linguini. Even the dining atmospheres are pretty much the same other than colors and lighting.

There's a lot of truth in this statement, I think it's actually that all the chains are alike, not just in NWA!

Archived