Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

There's a lot of truth in this statement, I think it's actually that all the chains are alike, not just in NWA!

But, how many high caliber locally owned restaurants can compete with all those big chains. If we have to have chains I wish we would have a better diversity of dining experiences, which I will add is much better than just 10 years ago.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right and I know Incredible Pizza Company is based in Springfield, but I think the article I read said the Tulsa franchise was the one opening a franchise in NWA. It will still be a Springfield chain, but the franchiser is based in Tulsa.

The company moved to Tulsa.

From the company website:

More than 30 years ago, young married couple Rick and Cheryl Barsness started in the pizza business in Victoria, Texas, living out of the back of a store as it was being built.

Over time, their family grew, and so did business. In 2002, Rick and Cheryl built their dream restaurant/ family entertainment center

The company moved to Tulsa.

From the company website:

More than 30 years ago, young married couple Rick and Cheryl Barsness started in the pizza business in Victoria, Texas, living out of the back of a store as it was being built.

Over time, their family grew, and so did business. In 2002, Rick and Cheryl built their dream restaurant/ family entertainment center

• 2 weeks later...

To jump back a week or so, places like The Melting Pot are great places to go if you don't want to even bother talking to the people you are dining with. Great for first dates maybe, but not much else. Personally, when I go out to eat with my wife I like to talk to HER not some waiter/chef at the table. Since restaurants thrive on the business and date crowds, this type of restaurant will never go beyond the niche market it is currently in.

To jump back a week or so, places like The Melting Pot are great places to go if you don't want to even bother talking to the people you are dining with. Great for first dates maybe, but not much else. Personally, when I go out to eat with my wife I like to talk to HER not some waiter/chef at the table. Since restaurants thrive on the business and date crowds, this type of restaurant will never go beyond the niche market it is currently in.

You must not be talking about "The Melting Pot" or you've never experienced it... it's the ultimate place to talk with a group of friends. It's good for dates too, but The Melting Pot's concept is "group dining." Or maybe you mean "intimate conversations" which The Melting Pot is not designed for, but that's what steakhouses are good for since the meal is always typical at best.

I reiterate that The Melting Pot is more unique a dining experience than any restaurant in or coming to NWA!

You must not be talking about "The Melting Pot" or you've never experienced it... it's the ultimate place to talk with a group of friends. It's good for dates too, but The Melting Pot's concept is "group dining." Or maybe you mean "intimate conversations" which The Melting Pot is not designed for, but that's what steakhouses are good for since the meal is always typical at best.

I reiterate that The Melting Pot is more unique a dining experience than any restaurant in or coming to NWA!

Furthermore, I don't know what "niche market" you're talking about when there are 100 Melting Pots all over the US (nearly as many locations as Ruths Chris's). Obviously, The Melting Pot is not for everyone, but that's what those "typical" steakhouses are for!

• 2 weeks later...

What we need in NW Arkansas is a high end not chain restaurant. Something truly unique. We need more uniquely styled restaurants instead of the "cookie cutter" we seem to be constantly getting.

Here is a pic of Brasserie in the Seagrams Building in Manhattan. I can see the all the "trendy and cool hip urbanites" :lol: of NWA coming here to enjoy some fine cuisine.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Obviously prices will have to be adjusted to Arkansan wallets. I highly doubt a restaurant like Thomas Keller's Per Se restaurant would survive in "up and coming" NWA. See there menu and most of that stuff will be like foreign language to most arkansans not accustomed to high end 'molecular' haute cuisine.

Here is the link to a somewhat current menu and look at those prices YIKES!!!!! At least tip is included imagine gratuity on that if it was not. Of course reservations for this place are hard to get and requires months in advance.

http://www.dininginfrance.com/per_se_menu.htm

Ok, call me a hick, but I find this place to be hilarious. I don't ever want to be that "cultured". It looks like an airport terminal to me. Just give me a good steak and some cheesy potatoes, thanks. I had to laugh, though, half-way down, when I saw a dessert by the name of "snickers". Now we're talkin!

Think of the cost of "snickers" dessert that comes with that prix fixe dinner or lunch. Maybe im weird but I do like to compare the complexities of flavors in a meal. I like to taste the hint of mint in a mint wine reduction over the perfectly prepared Kobe steak where I can tell the differences between textures of the steak. But thats just me though, lol. I dont feel that way when I bite into a Chili's steak but what do I expect from there.

Anyone know what is going on with New York and Company? Went by there today and they had a big boxed tarp over the whole thing.

Went back 4/21 and realized it was over the store to the left of NY & Co when looking at it from Sephora. I can't remember what was there.

According to the health dept. page, Williams-Sonoma put in for their Grand Cuisine, which I assume not only means they're working on their Promenade location, but will have cooking there since it was sent to food Service

Food Service?

Do they typically do that at WS?

The WS I have been to have some cooking demonstrations and offer samples of prepared items.

WS carries not only cooking equipment, but some other gourmet pantry items including foods.

The one in Little Rock had a cooking demonstration and was giving out samples when I went there once.

Archived