Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Also, the Discovery Store will be closing in a month or two. This is not due to the mall, but the fact that Discovery Channel is shutting all their stores and strictly going on line...not that they are in any financial crisis...

I won't really miss the Discovery Channel Store. Their products rarely changed and Wal-Mart actually carries most of their products at a much lower price. Wal-Mart is the same reason the World of Science company that I worked for bottomed up. They had the same products as Discovery Channel Store and so did Wal-Mart.

Online shopping is really the way to go for these kinds of stores and I always shop for a better deal online. But, enjoy it while it lasts because the feds are going to eventually make shopping online very unfriendly.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That has to do with sales and nothing to do with design. The Pinnacle Hills Promenade stores are expected to do double the sales per square foot as their equivalent NWA Mall store. There is a lot of wasted space in NWA, whereas the Promenade is much more cost-effective for retailers. The Promenade is still, by far, more impressive than any shopping center in NWA.

Its arguably the nicest in the state - at least for "Lifestyle" centers. Midtowne in LR has higher end stores (okay...Pottery Barn, etc.), but its nowhere near this scale. I would give Park Plaza the nod for nicest mall in the state no question.

Pinnacle Hills Promenade is quite a jewel for NWA - I was impressed, especially considering where Benton County was even 5 years ago. Worlds apart.

I won't really miss the Discovery Channel Store. Their products rarely changed and Wal-Mart actually carries most of their products at a much lower price. Wal-Mart is the same reason the World of Science company that I worked for bottomed up. They had the same products as Discovery Channel Store and so did Wal-Mart.

Online shopping is really the way to go for these kinds of stores and I always shop for a better deal online. But, enjoy it while it lasts because the feds are going to eventually make shopping online very unfriendly.

I agree. I went in there yesterday and there was hardly anything to look at. The DVD selection is allright, but other than that it's a high tech toy store.

News on some new and moving stores. Solstice Sunglasses, an upscale sunglass chain, is coming to the Promenade. They are out of NY and, to give example, the only stores they have in Illinois are in Woodfield (which has an Apple store, by the way) and Michigan Ave. We are the first AR store. While these are sunglasses, it's a trend, like William Sonoma, that I like seeing

Since we are talking about both malls here, I thought this might work here. The new NWA mall owners are thinking about breaking off some of the outer parking areas and vacant land surrounding the mall and selling them to developers. This could add a number of stores and restaurants as well as a hotel and residential space to the property.

Here is a little more information from the Arkansas Business Journal: Mall Outparcels

That would be a great idea and give the NWA mall a new lease on life.

That would be a great idea and give the NWA mall a new lease on life.

Yeah, the Dover-Kohl team suggested this and showed renderings of what the area would look like if this happend. It would be so much easier and a better use of space if they could just build a 2-3 story garage between the JCPenny and Sears wing, then most of the rest of the lot for more development. I know that it would be pretty expensive to build it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Bed Bath and Beyond is advertising its existence at the outparcel, already hiring, in fact. Eddie Bauer's is open and Solstice is getting ready in the area near Fish Grill. Also, W-S is advertising that it will open in Fall.

Granite City is working on its roof.

It seems like Dave and Buster's locates around pro sports teams. I was reading on their website about how it was started by 2 guys in Little Rock but they decided to build in Dallas. Hopefully one day we will get one. We go to the one in Kansas City everytime we are up there. I love it!

It seems like Dave and Buster's locates around pro sports teams. I was reading on their website about how it was started by 2 guys in Little Rock but they decided to build in Dallas. Hopefully one day we will get one. We go to the one in Kansas City everytime we are up there. I love it!

Yeah there's always hope that since they have Arkansas ties that maybe they'd consider Arkansas. But if they ever built one in Arkansas it's most likely going to be Little Rock and not us here in NWA. But I suppose we can always hope.

Anyone see the Dynascan display at the Promenade? It's cool technology, being a 360 degree led display. Pretty amazing stuff coming to the Promenade; it's the only place in NWA that makes me feel like I'm in a big city.

[edit]Oh, I forgot to mention those cute little "green" Yellow Cabs at the Promenade that will gladly pick you up and drive you around to stores and even out to your car. They run on electricity I guess which is why they're green."

[edit]Oh, I forgot to mention those cute little "green" Yellow Cabs at the Promenade that will gladly pick you up and drive you around to stores and even out to your car. They run on electricity I guess which is why they're green."

Isn't it sad that people can't walk 500 feet to a store. -_-

Yeah sorta hard to call it 'green' when you can't even walk that far. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the appeal of these game/arcade/food places. In Phoenix, we have Dave and Busters, Jillians, and Gameworks....I always find them rather boring. What is the big appeal?

Maybe it's just because we don't have anything like that here. Maybe it just reminds me of my youth in video arcades. :D

Yeah sorta hard to call it 'green' when you can't even walk that far. :rolleyes:

It's called "convenience" and the average mall shopper walks a lot more than 500 feet, try more like 2-3,000 feet. What's sad is having to walk that far in 80-90 degree weather and not be offered the convenience of a ride to make your shopping more enjoyable.

If those courtesy cabs don't burn gas and don't add to the greenhouse effect then how are they not "GREEN." If you don't understand try looking at the Fayetteville Library as a moronic use of the term "green." How can a building that contains hundreds of thousands of books (tons of paper) be called "green" when it's very purpose adds to the deforestation of the planet?

It's called "convenience" and the average mall shopper walks a lot more than 500 feet, try more like 2-3,000 feet. What's sad is having to walk that far in 80-90 degree weather and not be offered the convenience of a ride to make your shopping more enjoyable.

If those courtesy cabs don't burn gas and don't add to the greenhouse effect then how are they not "GREEN." If you don't understand try looking at the Fayetteville Library as a moronic use of the term "green." How can a building that contains hundreds of thousands of books (tons of paper) be called "green" when it's very purpose adds to the deforestation of the planet?

I'm not trying to get you riled up. But I think there's an obvious difference between the library and these cabs. I still have a hard time seeing the cabs in that great of a light unless someone has some sort of health problems.

I'm not trying to get you riled up. But I think there's an obvious difference between the library and these cabs. I still have a hard time seeing the cabs in that great of a light unless someone has some sort of health problems.

Ok, Mith, I have to tell you, your "maleness" is showing :P . You obviously speak from a man's point of view. Women don't just walk 500 feet to one store. We walk 500 feet to one store, try on 3 things, walk 500 feet to another store, try on 5 more things, decide the first store had the best stuff, walk back 500 feet. When we get back to the first store, we decide that the brown pants aren't as flattering as we remembered, so we walk 1000 feet to the outparcels, because in the meantime we've spoken to our sister on the phone, and she's told us that the store in the outparcels is having a sale on pants. When all is said and done, we walk back to the first store and buy the brown pants. :P Add to that a 4yr old and 7 yr old "shopping buddies" who are too old for a stroller, but not interested in brown pants. Get the picture?

Love the little cars.

Archived