Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Is there any big development going in on the opposite side of 540 of the Promenade Mall?  I think we need a "Promenade 2" with more stores/restaurants, such as Apple, Cheesecake Factory, & Macys.  Thoughts/Insight anyone?

That would be great if they expand the mall to include those exclusive stores and restaurant. However, I don't think Apple won't be opening a location there. I do think Cheesecake Factory may reconsider opening a location in Arkansas since they are planning on opening a location in Knoxville, TN. It just a matter of time. I also think Macy*s would locate there sometime in the future. I heard a rumor that Jonesboro is getting one sometime in 2014 so they may open one in Rogers.

The market is still too small for a Macy's and a Dillards. So is Jonesboro. And, for a "Promenade 2" you have to have anchors.

The west side of 540 at Pinnacle will have a few new Class A office developments, maybe a power center though not many tenants left after Scottsdale and Promenade to add to the market. Will definitely be more small shop boutique retail and good restaurants in the future.

If Apple comes, they'll go in the Promenade. Need mass around them in a market our size.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The market is still too small for a Macy's and a Dillards. So is Jonesboro. And, for a "Promenade 2" you have to have anchors.

The west side of 540 at Pinnacle will have a few new Class A office developments, maybe a power center though not many tenants left after Scottsdale and Promenade to add to the market. Will definitely be more small shop boutique retail and good restaurants in the future.

If Apple comes, they'll go in the Promenade. Need mass around them in a market our size.

Just let you know that there's a Dillard's in the Pinnacle Hills Promenade. It wouldn't make since for two Dillard's to be right next to each other. I agree, though, about a Macy's being there. Little Rock may get Macy's first. However, there are some restaurants in Rogers that normally locate in major cities such as a Ruth Chris Steakhouse (Little Rock doesn't have one yet). So it's possible that other high volume restaurant such as Kona Grill or Cheesecake Factory may want to locate there in the future (though Little Rock may get these restaurants first).

I would like to see another major hotel near the embassy suites.  I think our area needs a full service Marriott, Hilton, or Westin Hotel.  It could go very near the Embassy Suites and would be great for overflow at conventions or crystal bridges crowd.  Also I think something like the Legacy Town Center in Plano would go well in Pinnacle Phase 2.  High end restaurants, independent movie theater, wine bars, sushi places, marriott hotel, etc. 

Just let you know that there's a Dillard's in the Pinnacle Hills Promenade. It wouldn't make since for two Dillard's to be right next to each other. I agree, though, about a Macy's being there. Little Rock may get Macy's first. However, there are some restaurants in Rogers that normally locate in major cities such as a Ruth Chris Steakhouse (Little Rock doesn't have one yet). So it's possible that other high volume restaurant such as Kona Grill or Cheesecake Factory may want to locate there in the future (though Little Rock may get these restaurants first).

Thanks. Well aware of the Dillards, hence me stating that Macy's won't come due to them already being in the market. I drive by the Dillards daily.

I would like to see another major hotel near the embassy suites.  I think our area needs a full service Marriott, Hilton, or Westin Hotel.  It could go very near the Embassy Suites and would be great for overflow at conventions or crystal bridges crowd.  Also I think something like the Legacy Town Center in Plano would go well in Pinnacle Phase 2.  High end restaurants, independent movie theater, wine bars, sushi places, marriott hotel, etc. 

Agree on the hotel. We have too many mid-service brands and with 21C only two full service in the market. Another quality hotel would be a benefit. I think you are on the right track with Legacy Town Center, though there won't be a 3rd movie theater in Rogers.

Is Walton Arts Center still looking at the area by the Neighborhood Market on the West Side of 540?

I think that area would be a good location for the supposed Childrens Museum.

Walmart should encourage a slew of competing retail giants to show their faces here, like Trader Joes, Costco. It would be great to have it in a very public location like right off 540. I remember when the nicest KMart i ever saw was right across from Store#1 in Rogers.

• 1 month later...

Here is an interesting study on the possiblity of a high end retailer such as Macy's or Nordstrom locating in NWA. The bottom line is that there isn't a large enough population in the land area for them to consider locating here yet. The income level hurts also. http://irving.vassar.edu/faculty/rr/Research/High-EndRetailLocation.pdf

I figure they went with Dillards because it's the dominate hig end dept store in the region and it being Arkansas based. It is interesting in the differences in the Dillards in Fayetteville and the one in the Promenade. They carry different stuff. If Belk wasn't here, I think you would have seen a better chance for a Macy's. Belk is right along the same type of products you find there. It is interesting that folks from Oklahoma are coming to Arkansas during the Christmas season because of the prohibitive laws involving black friday type sales. Also with the kind of stores like Cabelas you are becoming a destination shopping center where folks from places like Ft. Smith, Joplin and Harrison come to shop.

Here is an interesting study on the possiblity of a high end retailer such as Macy's or Nordstrom locating in NWA. The bottom line is that there isn't a large enough population in the land area for them to consider locating here yet. The income level hurts also. http://irving.vassar.edu/faculty/rr/Research/High-EndRetailLocation.pdf

Yes, the income level is a bigger influence than what people may think.  I've seen other metros even larger than us that probably have no chance of pulling in retailers such as this because of the income level there.  

Yes, the income level is a bigger influence than what people may think.  I've seen other metros even larger than us that probably have no chance of pulling in retailers such as this because of the income level there.  

That is the thing- people see the pockets of extreme wealth in NWA but forget that overall it is still lower than most places nationwide.

Just FYI,

When the promenade was being built, both Macy's AND Nordstroms wanted to come here, but Dillard's threatened to pull out. Why they chose Dillard's over the other two, I don't know. That's why I doubt Macy's will come here at all. 

Not true in the least. There was never interest or intention from either Nordstrom or Macy's in the Promenade.

I figure they went with Dillards because it's the dominate hig end dept store in the region and it being Arkansas based. It is interesting in the differences in the Dillards in Fayetteville and the one in the Promenade. They carry different stuff. If Belk wasn't here, I think you would have seen a better chance for a Macy's. Belk is right along the same type of products you find there. It is interesting that folks from Oklahoma are coming to Arkansas during the Christmas season because of the prohibitive laws involving black friday type sales. Also with the kind of stores like Cabelas you are becoming a destination shopping center where folks from places like Ft. Smith, Joplin and Harrison come to shop.

They went with Dillards because Dillards wanted to be here. There weren't other options.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully it will be something ran by Mercy, but it would be slick to see Northwest try to swing something in that location.

I wonder when Casey's is going to build in that immediate area...

NW Medical is expanding to that area although I don't know if that is the exact location or not.

• 1 month later...

Ah.  The employee was obviously confused.  I thought it was pretty big for a camera store.  Of course, not that crazy about a party store myself.

Truthfully, a party store with an expanding offering has been lacking in Benton County. I'm happy with any new retail that fills a hole and provides jobs and tax revenue.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived