The best new name for dickerson rd

showtime21

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do they think changing the roads name is going to change its image? I didn't even know the city was thinking about changing the road's name.

I say leave it as is. Not big on changing road names, unless its to honor someone and is not already an established well known road.

It thought Old Hickory Blvd. in Madison was part of the Trail of Tears, but maybe they took that buffalo trail before turning right onto Old Hickory.

I do remember a night sometime in a galaxy time, long, long ago my car broke down "over there, somewhere....late".... After I pushed the poor old thing down Dickerson Road to a respectable-ish 7-11, I just had to cry some. I called a cab to get take me away from my personal Trail of Tears. Ooooo, did I say too much? lol

I think Dickerson Road should just stay Dickerson Road. Hell, I had a teacher in the 4th grade named Mrs. Dickerson. She had one eye that looked west and one eye that looked east. We can honor her and call it Mrs. Dickerson Road, with an Eye on the Past, and An Eye on the Future.

I'm going back to work now. :)

I think Dickerson Road should just stay Dickerson Road. Hell, I had a teacher in the 4th grade named Mrs. Dickerson. She had one eye that looked west and one eye that looked east. We can honor her and call it Mrs. Dickerson Road, with an Eye on the Past, and An Eye on the Future.

I'm going back to work now. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn you and your poetic thinking! lol. This is why you are my favorite forumer...you are so good with your words.

I must say I was tempted to add a few clever monikers, with proper alliteration to boot, but we should let this one alone and allow downtown area revitalization to take care of this problem area over the next few years. We should leave this to our imaginations.

yeah understand but how many old hickory blvds are there and also i seen two jackson st along with 3 harding places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah But Hendersonville was his home town and with Dickerson Rd serving as main street for the neighboring city of Goodlettsville I think it would be pretty bad for both of them to Have Johnny Cash as the name...possibly confusing for out of towners too.

Archived