Noisette Project

Infinite1

... I would like to ride out to the Noisette project area and see what is going on if anything.

The place I work is right smack dab in the middle of what was to become Noisette and there's really not a lot going on, aside from the occasional "Army Wives" filming. Even the one good restaurant we had (Tracy's at #10 Storehouse Row) has closed.

There is one 4-floor apartment building going in: The West Yard Lofts. They've topped it out and are starting to wrap it and put the windows in. It's right on Noisette Blvd. There's not a whole lot of information available on them online, in spite of the nice web site listed on the construction sign. As best I can discern, they're an income-restricted apartment building, which may actually give some in that area a bit of a leg up on living in a nicer place. That part of North Charleston was described to me as "the ghetto" when I first moved down here and went to work there...and sure enough, I believe that description to be accurate.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

N. Chuck fighting the state and CSX on running port rail through the site. If that happens, this is dead. It may well be dead anyway, but until things work themselves out in the courts,I wouldn't expect much. As it stands, the State owns the mortgaged parcels of Noisette. Its pretty messy. http://www.charlestonbusiness.com/news/27572-lawmakers-push-compromise-between-railroad-and-n-charleston

• 2 months later...

Archived