The New Look of US Airways

DigitalSky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best looking paint job of the lot is the Arizona plane. I also rather like the retro paint schemes as well. As for the others, they aren't too successful. They might want to spend some $$$ retraining their staff. I fly them about once or twice a month to Florida. The attitude has shown a bit of improvement lately, but there is still a long way to go.

painting planes is a very expensive process and these are all custom paint jobs - its a shame usair sees value in painting these as opposed to other investments

I completely agree. Considering all of the issues USAir seems to have they choose to waste money on painting planes instead.

Tom, the staff's attitudes are a direct result of management's inept handling of virtually everything at the company. Remember the old joke, "the beatings will continue until morale improves". Don't shoot the messengers. They make $8.90 an hour.

Neo, the planes are marketing tools that I think are a good idea. The NFL planes are the result of agreements with the teams in question. US becomes their "official airline" and they get a themed plane. There are also other exchanges. For example, there will now be large advertisements and promo stuff in Bank of America Stadium for US Airways.

Neo, the planes are marketing tools that I think are a good idea. The NFL planes are the result of agreements with the teams in question. US becomes their "official airline" and they get a themed plane. There are also other exchanges. For example, there will now be large advertisements and promo stuff in Bank of America Stadium for US Airways.

I'm ok with the painting of planes in this situation then, so long as USAir gets something like this in return. What I am against is the repainting of USAir's planes just to match their "new look."

2Q 2007 Rank

Network Carriers

2nd Quarter 2006 (%) 3rd Quarter 2006 (%) 4th Quarter 2006 (%) 1st Quarter 2007 (%) 2nd Quarter 2007 (%) 2nd Quarter Operating Profit/Loss $(Millions)

1 US Airways 12.6 5.9 7.4 4.4 13.9 319

2 Northwest 9.2 11.1 3.7 7.2 11.3 364

3 United 5.1 6.6 0.3 -2.0 10.1 526

4 Alaska 6.3 0.5 -0.7 -2.7 9.6 76

5 Delta 8.0 3.0 -0.1 3.5 9.3 470

6 Continental 6.8 4.9 0.2 1.5 7.0 257

7 American 7.0 3.8 2.3 3.4 6.7 394

Seven-Carrier Total 7.5 5.4 1.7 2.5 9.2 2,406

"US Airways Group Inc. had the highest operating profit margin of the country's airlines in the second quarter, a recent report says.The Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier's operating profit margin topped nearly 14 percent in the second quarter with $319 million in profit, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation."

"That's higher than the average of all the network carriers, which was 9.2 percent."

"US Airways No.1 in operating profit"

http://aviation.beloblog.com/archives/2007...est_profit.html

2Q 2007 Rank

Network Carriers

2nd Quarter 2006 (%) 3rd Quarter 2006 (%) 4th Quarter 2006 (%) 1st Quarter 2007 (%) 2nd Quarter 2007 (%) 2nd Quarter Operating Profit/Loss $(Millions)

1 US Airways 12.6 5.9 7.4 4.4 13.9 319

2 Northwest 9.2 11.1 3.7 7.2 11.3 364

3 United 5.1 6.6 0.3 -2.0 10.1 526

4 Alaska 6.3 0.5 -0.7 -2.7 9.6 76

5 Delta 8.0 3.0 -0.1 3.5 9.3 470

6 Continental 6.8 4.9 0.2 1.5 7.0 257

7 American 7.0 3.8 2.3 3.4 6.7 394

Seven-Carrier Total 7.5 5.4 1.7 2.5 9.2 2,406

"US Airways Group Inc. had the highest operating profit margin of the country's airlines in the second quarter, a recent report says.The Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier's operating profit margin topped nearly 14 percent in the second quarter with $319 million in profit, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation."

"That's higher than the average of all the network carriers, which was 9.2 percent."

"US Airways No.1 in operating profit"

http://aviation.beloblog.com/archives/2007...est_profit.html

• 1 month later...

Financially I think the airline turned things around about a year ago. Operationally I think they have just recovered to pre reservation system cutover levels. All of that is a good thing. They still have a lot of work to do with the unions and bringing everyone to a new contract.

On another note, during today's conference call Scott Kirby stated that they do plan to add more European and South American destinations from Charlotte in the future when they get more aircraft. They also said that if things don't work out in Philly with their gate problem then they would accelerate international expansion plans for Charlotte.

Financially I think the airline turned things around about a year ago. Operationally I think they have just recovered to pre reservation system cutover levels. All of that is a good thing. They still have a lot of work to do with the unions and bringing everyone to a new contract.

On another note, during today's conference call Scott Kirby stated that they do plan to add more European and South American destinations from Charlotte in the future when they get more aircraft. They also said that if things don't work out in Philly with their gate problem then they would accelerate international expansion plans for Charlotte.

Archived