Feature: FSU Seminoles

Relient J

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad IMed me this link earlier:

http://www.fsu.com/unconquered.html

This is truly great news.  Go Seminoles!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great Job!!!

T.K. did us good on this one. He stood firm and represented our interest as best as one could any University. I'd like to be first to say we are very lucky to have him as University President. He has truly used his resources to gain FSU some respect. And while I may not agree with him on everything, he does stand firm for the best interest of the University.

Way to go T.K.

GO NOLES!

I actually didn't post that picture originally.  Methinks someone's been editing my post...  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Methinks there's a mod afoot. :)

Of course, this is good news for us all that a college decided to stand up to this idiotic ruling by the NCAA.

I don't know much about other schools with Indians', excuse me, Native Americans' (that's what the NCAA told me to call them), situations are, but I do know that FSU had explicit permission from the Seminole tribe to use their name.

Congrats to FSU! :lol:

Great to hear this... i was willing to stand with my picket sign, but heat index of 100+, I dont know how the native americans of the area could stand it back in the day... oh yeah, thats right, the lakes and rivers were healthy.

My thanks to TK also, fsu lost no face in this very difficult situation. Other than the lawyer in the bow-tie (who had the audacity to mention the train of tears and Jackson running out the oklahama tribe), we were right on.

I read about it... aparently this lawyer guy who always wears a bowtie made a horrible comment about the oklahoma tribe that went kinda like....'Didnt they get chased out by Andrew Jackson, the trail of tears or something? the real seminoles are here in florida, and we have thier endorsement and support. ' I can see how that might have sounded good in his head.... no what,... no that just is bad Public Relations right thurrr.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be mad as H-E-double hockey sticks!!!

Its not the norm... we whipped miami tail through the 90s and I don't expect that to change.

We had an inconsistent kicker, and an even more inconsistent quarterback these past 4 years (one year we played them twice).

I want this win... and I won't be happy if we get anything less.... I miss Seminole Football, the way I was raised to know it.

Yeah... if you ever go downtown, in the windows across the street from City Hall, right underneath the Gaille Building (the Old Looking New Orleans Style Building) there is the Barnet Fronzak Architecture firm. In their window you can see their model for the stadium expansion. I looks like an endzone expansion.

Archived